OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1316, 1317, 1318 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
epak wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
would u guys trade Lonzo for randle back?

Nope.
But maybe for Jru Holiday.

LOL. Everyone in here wants to trade Lonzo for Kemba, Jrue, all these PG studs.

I'm sure Philly would trade Fultz for Curry too but cmon.

I dont wanna trade him.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

I heard Lonzos releasing his new shoe , Air Ball
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:46 am    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
governator wrote:
Maybe we looking it wrong. This kid isn’t J.Kidd mold, he’s the glove

He's the glove without the scoring.

Exactly -- He has a gaping hole in his offensive arsenal. How can he run an offense without being some sort of scoring threat as the opposing team can simply defend him to pass only. It shows in spades as the first thing he does when he crosses the half court line is pass the ball to someone on the perimeter - that's not running the offense.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
ESPN released RPM today. Ball is -.34 on ORPM, -.19 on DRPM. He is 20th among point guards on DRPM, 45th on ORPM.

Surprise as bad as he looks on offense, it’s better than last year. His defensive impact is not looking good so far. I believed he will come along sooner than later.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:50 am    Post subject:

" “Stay confident,” Ball said when asked about making shots. “Keep shooting open shots. All my shots are pretty much open because everybody goes under [the screen]. So just knock them down.” " LATIMES

You're open because no one defense you.
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 am    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
He may look like crap now but I guarantee you come playoff time, he is the type of player who will make a difference between a win and a loss.

In a lose or go home game, seriously??
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Did he offer it as an excuse? No. So it’s far from fair game. You haven’t said anything out of line on the topic but many have. Don’t defend them by saying it’s fair game because somebody mentioned off court issues may be impacting his game. That’s a reasonable statement, criticizing his parenting based off nothing tangible isn’t. He could be a dead beat dad, she could be an extortionist or they could be a young couple that got pregnant way too soon and are struggling to make it work. We don’t know and shouldn’t discuss it.

I understand why this pisses you off. No, really, I do. You are stating a position with great integrity.

However, the fact remains that the kid puts his life on a reality TV show.
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:13 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
BennyLava wrote:
He may look like crap now but I guarantee you come playoff time, he is the type of player who will make a difference between a win and a loss.

Without an offense Zo would be useless in a half court game in the final 4 minutes
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:23 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
PauPau wrote:
BennyLava wrote:

Without an offense Zo would be useless in a half court game in the final 4 minutes

Well we have Bron so it doesn't really matter. Give him the ball and run pick and roll in a close game.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:25 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
LKA wrote:

JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

You wonder what Magic thoughts are on Lonzo
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

7 Assists and 6 Rebounds with only 1 TO while playing solid defense.

But sure, we can talk about him missing his shots, because if we had a player that scored but didn't contribute anything else to the box score ya'll wouldn't be saying "He can score but he needs to play defense and find ways to help us win when his shot isn't falling."

Oh wait...
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

Ball for his career right now 68 games played
9.6 pts 6.5 rb 6.7 assists
D Fox in 89 games played
12.9 3.0 4.9

Forgot to add
Steve nash career avg was
14pts 3rb 8.5 assists

In his first 4 years he only avg 8 pts a game.

I think we can give Ball some time

Last edited by noahp45 on Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Baby mama issues: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/lonzo-ball-girlfriend-denise-garcia-details-daughter-zoey-video-relationship-lakers-nba-ball-in-the-family

Zo looked like a real rat on that last episode of his show...wasting big $$$ on trips to Vegas and Bora Bora while complaining he has no time for the baby...not a good look dude

I’m assuming that you’ve never had kids and either been divorced or just not married at all. It’s not as simple as all that. Even if you want to spend time with your kids, they aren’t yours most of the time. You can sit at home and wish they were with you, but it doesn’t mean that you get to spend any more time with them.

Being a single dad is tough, being a 21 year old single dad is even harder. How about being a human being and stop calling some young kid in a tough situation names and have some empathy.

You're right. Which is why it was such a poor decision to have a child given the circumstances.

I don’t like Lonzo as a b-ball player but I doubt he is a bad dude off the court. If anything, his deceiving “gf” probably intentionally trapped his ass for money knowing that he was going to leave her

noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Put Klay or Beall next to ball. And that would open his game more.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
I caught the beginning of yesterday’s game and thats it for the weekend. Judging by what I saw, the box score, and some highlights, he was horrid on offense while playing hard defensively. Regardless of what happened, some of y’all are ruthless. Attacking a barely 21 year old kid who’s been a dad for a few months about his parenting ability. Are you (bleep) serious? Scumbags man. Criticize the on court play. Lay off the kids personal life, it’s pathetic. You don’t know what’s happening and quite frankly you don’t know if you could handle it as well as him let alone better. It’s disgusting what some of you are doing. This is why Internet forums, comment sections, and the depths of twitter are often seen as places where some of the most vile creatures on the planet reside. Y’all are proving it if you’re criticizing his parenting while knowing next to nothing about what’s happening.

He objectively sucked this weekend. From what I saw, he looks scared to shoot and the holes in his offensive game are becoming more glaring. Talk about that. With Rondos injury he was given an opportunity to seize the job, so far, he’s done the opposite. Talk about that. But stop attacking a kids personal life that you only know about because of reality tv and some he said she said TMZ (bleep). It looks like jealousy and insecurity and is absolutely pathetic.

Sorry mods, suspend me if you must, but this needed to be said.

I agree with your overall sentiments... but once you agree to sell your soul by going on a reality tv for money/attention... the need for civility goes out the window. If it was the Daily Mail digging stuff up by going through people's trash and publishing second hand interviews that's one thing... but the Ball Family agreed to put their life on full display so at that point it becomes fair game.

Personally, I've never watched the show... but if they are putting their lives out there... you can't go off on people for commenting about it.

I think it's pretty obvious Lonzo had no say in the reality show, or even playing basketball for that matter. His Dad makes the decisions, and only time will tell if Zo wants any of it frankly...
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:59 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
I caught the beginning of yesterday’s game and thats it for the weekend. Judging by what I saw, the box score, and some highlights, he was horrid on offense while playing hard defensively. Regardless of what happened, some of y’all are ruthless. Attacking a barely 21 year old kid who’s been a dad for a few months about his parenting ability. Are you (bleep) serious? Scumbags man. Criticize the on court play. Lay off the kids personal life, it’s pathetic. You don’t know what’s happening and quite frankly you don’t know if you could handle it as well as him let alone better. It’s disgusting what some of you are doing. This is why Internet forums, comment sections, and the depths of twitter are often seen as places where some of the most vile creatures on the planet reside. Y’all are proving it if you’re criticizing his parenting while knowing next to nothing about what’s happening.

He objectively sucked this weekend. From what I saw, he looks scared to shoot and the holes in his offensive game are becoming more glaring. Talk about that. With Rondos injury he was given an opportunity to seize the job, so far, he’s done the opposite. Talk about that. But stop attacking a kids personal life that you only know about because of reality tv and some he said she said TMZ (bleep). It looks like jealousy and insecurity and is absolutely pathetic.

I agree with your overall sentiments... but once you agree to sell your soul by going on a reality tv for money/attention... the need for civility goes out the window. If it was the Daily Mail digging stuff up by going through people's trash and publishing second hand interviews that's one thing... but the Ball Family agreed to put their life on full display so at that point it becomes fair game.

Personally, I've never watched the show... but if they are putting their lives out there... you can't go off on people for commenting about it.

I think it's pretty obvious Lonzo had no say in the reality show, or even playing basketball for that matter. His Dad makes the decisions, and only time will tell if Zo wants any of it frankly...

Yes Sir

Does it for his family so "everyone eats" I get it.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Baby mama issues: https://ftw.usatoday.com/2018/11/lonzo-ball-girlfriend-denise-garcia-details-daughter-zoey-video-relationship-lakers-nba-ball-in-the-family

Zo looked like a real rat on that last episode of his show...wasting big $$$ on trips to Vegas and Bora Bora while complaining he has no time for the baby...not a good look dude

I’m assuming that you’ve never had kids and either been divorced or just not married at all. It’s not as simple as all that. Even if you want to spend time with your kids, they aren’t yours most of the time. You can sit at home and wish they were with you, but it doesn’t mean that you get to spend any more time with them.

Being a single dad is tough, being a 21 year old single dad is even harder. How about being a human being and stop calling some young kid in a tough situation names and have some empathy.

You're right. Which is why it was such a poor decision to have a child given the circumstances.

I don’t like Lonzo as a b-ball player but I doubt he is a bad dude off the court. If anything, his deceiving “gf” probably intentionally trapped his ass for money knowing that he was going to leave her

Not saying he is a bad dude. I have no idea if he is good or bad off the court.

It wouldn’t change whether having a child at his age with his circumstances is a dumb decision. It was, whether he is a good or bad guy.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
7 Assists and 6 Rebounds with only 1 TO while playing solid defense.

But sure, we can talk about him missing his shots, because if we had a player that scored but didn't contribute anything else to the box score ya'll wouldn't be saying "He can score but he needs to play defense and find ways to help us win when his shot isn't falling."

Oh wait...

If, like Kuzma, he was a complete sieve defensively, sure. People don't hate on Zo just because he exists (well, sure, some do). They "hate" on him for having obvious deficiencies. no one really has much negative to say about Hart because he is competent on both ends. But if you are great in one area and a complete and utter disaster in another, yeah, you should expect people to talk about it.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Put Klay or Beall next to ball. And that would open his game more.

Or Josh Hart at the 2, and moving Kuzma to the bench, and putting Ingram back at the 3 and a lot more would start opening up then too.

Cutheon wrote:

If, like Kuzma, he was a complete sieve defensively, sure. People don't hate on Zo just because he exists (well, sure, some do). They "hate" on him for having obvious deficiencies. no one really has much negative to say about Hart because he is competent on both ends. But if you are great in one area and a complete and utter disaster in another, yeah, you should expect people to talk about it.

Except it's all they talk about as if that's all he brings to the game, and will blatantly what he brings as far as defense, rebounding and passing goes.

Right now his shot consistency and finishing ability is the only real holes in his game, as far as his defense, rebounding and passing, he's ahead of the curve or in a very very good place for it.

If they wanted to judge Lonzo on equal footing they could acknowledge his off offense while also acknowledging that he found other ways to contribute and help the team win, as in his defense, his assists and his rebounding, and he didn't become disengaged from the flow of the game due to his shot not falling.

But all you'll hear about is "lol he airballed, he's a bust."
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

“Stay confident,” Ball said when asked about making shots. “Keep shooting open shots. All my shots are pretty much open because everybody goes under [the screen]. So just knock them down.”

Ball was asked how much is scoring a barometer for how well he plays.

“I don’t look at scoring,” Ball said. “I’d rather look at wins and losses. Today we won, so it’s all good.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-heat-takeaways-20181119-story.html

Good to hear. I hope he extends the stay confident mantra to open lanes to the basket. Can't pass up open layups and just kick it out cuz he's scared.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:

Zo is a grown man... he can walk away at any time.

As I said, I don't even watch the show... but if people are getting info from a show that the family is making money from, then you can't really get mad at people for commenting on that.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm good with Lonzo taking those open jumpers with confidence. That's gonna wind up being more important as his shot continues to come around.

I'd feel worse if he passed up the wide open shots and went 0-2.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

I think you are lumping in a lot of people together and mischaracterizing the general view on Lonzo, but I'm not sure that is worth an extended discussion. There's a lot of hit-and-run posters on both sides, and while they make threads like this neigh unbearable, they don't really dominate the discussion.

In any event, I think that there are plenty of people in this very thread that can reasonably discuss Lonzo. I'd also note that I disagree with the notion that "shot consistency and finishing ability" are the "only holes" in his game and, even if we accept that proposition, those are some fairly massive holes in Zo's case (although not so massive that Lonzo wouldn't airmail the ball if he tried to toss it in).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1316, 1317, 1318 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1317 of 1688
Jump to: