OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1317, 1318, 1319 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I'm good with Lonzo taking those open jumpers with confidence. That's gonna wind up being more important as his shot continues to come around.

I'd feel worse if he passed up the wide open shots and went 0-2.

yeah there were a couple three's he missed last night that I am not sure he would have even attempted last season. It's definitely progress. His mid-range game gives me hope, too. I really, really think he needs to get some sort of floater/tear drop. I don't know who he needs to work with or what he needs to do, but do whatever Parker/Cp3 did.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
“Stay confident,” Ball said when asked about making shots. “Keep shooting open shots. All my shots are pretty much open because everybody goes under [the screen]. So just knock them down.”

Ball was asked how much is scoring a barometer for how well he plays.

“I don’t look at scoring,” Ball said. “I’d rather look at wins and losses. Today we won, so it’s all good.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-heat-takeaways-20181119-story.html

Good to hear. I hope he extends the stay confident mantra to open lanes to the basket. Can't pass up open layups and just kick it out cuz he's scared.

And this mentality is the reason I like Ball.

I still find it funny people forgot He shut Lillard down a few games ago.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
I caught the beginning of yesterday’s game and thats it for the weekend. Judging by what I saw, the box score, and some highlights, he was horrid on offense while playing hard defensively. Regardless of what happened, some of y’all are ruthless. Attacking a barely 21 year old kid who’s been a dad for a few months about his parenting ability. Are you (bleep) serious? Scumbags man. Criticize the on court play. Lay off the kids personal life, it’s pathetic. You don’t know what’s happening and quite frankly you don’t know if you could handle it as well as him let alone better. It’s disgusting what some of you are doing. This is why Internet forums, comment sections, and the depths of twitter are often seen as places where some of the most vile creatures on the planet reside. Y’all are proving it if you’re criticizing his parenting while knowing next to nothing about what’s happening.

He objectively sucked this weekend. From what I saw, he looks scared to shoot and the holes in his offensive game are becoming more glaring. Talk about that. With Rondos injury he was given an opportunity to seize the job, so far, he’s done the opposite. Talk about that. But stop attacking a kids personal life that you only know about because of reality tv and some he said she said TMZ (bleep). It looks like jealousy and insecurity and is absolutely pathetic.

Sorry mods, suspend me if you must, but this needed to be said.

I agree with your overall sentiments... but once you agree to sell your soul by going on a reality tv for money/attention... the need for civility goes out the window. If it was the Daily Mail digging stuff up by going through people's trash and publishing second hand interviews that's one thing... but the Ball Family agreed to put their life on full display so at that point it becomes fair game.

Personally, I've never watched the show... but if they are putting their lives out there... you can't go off on people for commenting about it.

I think it's pretty obvious Lonzo had no say in the reality show, or even playing basketball for that matter. His Dad makes the decisions, and only time will tell if Zo wants any of it frankly...

Zo is a grown man... he can walk away at any time.

As I said, I don't even watch the show... but if people are getting info from a show that the family is making money from, then you can't really get mad at people for commenting on that.

Yes you can. You think you can understand somebody’s life from 20 min a week? Or whatever it is.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:32 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
eddiejonze wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
I caught the beginning of yesterday’s game and thats it for the weekend. Judging by what I saw, the box score, and some highlights, he was horrid on offense while playing hard defensively. Regardless of what happened, some of y’all are ruthless. Attacking a barely 21 year old kid who’s been a dad for a few months about his parenting ability. Are you (bleep) serious? Scumbags man. Criticize the on court play. Lay off the kids personal life, it’s pathetic. You don’t know what’s happening and quite frankly you don’t know if you could handle it as well as him let alone better. It’s disgusting what some of you are doing. This is why Internet forums, comment sections, and the depths of twitter are often seen as places where some of the most vile creatures on the planet reside. Y’all are proving it if you’re criticizing his parenting while knowing next to nothing about what’s happening.

He objectively sucked this weekend. From what I saw, he looks scared to shoot and the holes in his offensive game are becoming more glaring. Talk about that. With Rondos injury he was given an opportunity to seize the job, so far, he’s done the opposite. Talk about that. But stop attacking a kids personal life that you only know about because of reality tv and some he said she said TMZ (bleep). It looks like jealousy and insecurity and is absolutely pathetic.

Sorry mods, suspend me if you must, but this needed to be said.

I agree with your overall sentiments... but once you agree to sell your soul by going on a reality tv for money/attention... the need for civility goes out the window. If it was the Daily Mail digging stuff up by going through people's trash and publishing second hand interviews that's one thing... but the Ball Family agreed to put their life on full display so at that point it becomes fair game.

Personally, I've never watched the show... but if they are putting their lives out there... you can't go off on people for commenting about it.

I think it's pretty obvious Lonzo had no say in the reality show, or even playing basketball for that matter. His Dad makes the decisions, and only time will tell if Zo wants any of it frankly...

Zo is a grown man... he can walk away at any time.

As I said, I don't even watch the show... but if people are getting info from a show that the family is making money from, then you can't really get mad at people for commenting on that.

Yes you can. You think you can understand somebody’s life from 20 min a week? Or whatever it is.

Do I think hot takes will be inaccurate? Sure... but if you put your life on display like the Kardashians, you don't have the right to complain if people start talking about it.

You can be offended personally... it's not for anyone to tell you how you feel... but I don't agree in this specific instance that the general public is doing something wrong.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo would rather have 6/9/10 and the Lakers win. As opposed to 41/12/8 and the Lakers lose.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Completely agree with everyone calling for Hart to start over Kuzma.

Maybe the Lakers are trying their best to keep Kuzma, Ingram, and Ball’s value at their highest by starting them all.

Maybe they feel like that Hart and Mykhailiuk are the two guys they’d most want to keep if they had to “clean house” for a superstar, so they play the three guys on the team who they would be the quickest to trade the most minutes from the starting spots.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:41 pm    Post subject:

The ideal starting and bench lineup is this

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

Those should be our current 12/15 when it comes to starting and bench unit. But we all knew what the best starting lineup was last year too, and how long did it take Luke to figure that out?
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

Those should be our current 12/15 when it comes to starting and bench unit. But we all knew what the best starting lineup was last year too, and how long did it take Luke to figure that out?

I agree with you... I wonder how long before Luke figures it out??
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

I like it.... but I would have Tyson start depending on McGee energy level and matchups
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

MJST wrote:
Lonzo would rather have 6/9/10 and the Lakers win. As opposed to 41/12/8 and the Lakers lose.

Thats an unrealistic choice...
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Wow. He wouldn’t want 41/12/8 and a win?

When did he say this? Postgame??
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:11 pm    Post subject:

JerryWest_44 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Lonzo would rather have 2/8/7 and the Lakers win, as opposed to having 28/8/7 and the Lakers lose. The thing is, if Lonzo goes 28/8/7, more than likely the Lakers win.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

No ideal lineup has Ingram, LBJ, and Lonzo on the floor together. One will always be forgotten or minimized because they need prime ball handling duties.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:23 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

No ideal lineup has Ingram, LBJ, and Lonzo on the floor together.

Min: 189, Ortg: 105.8, Drtg: 108.9, Net: -3.0 Lonzo . BI . James
Min: 313, Ortg: 106.3, Drtg: 107.6, Net: -1.3 Lonzo . Kuzma . James
Min: 129, Ortg: 107.0, Drtg: 097.7, Net: +9.3 Lonzo . Hart . James

I don't care which of BI or Kuzma it is. Just replace one of them with Hart.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:27 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

Kuzma-Lebron are too much to overcome unless the opp sucks at shooting that night. The way Lebron is playing I prefer Ingram, propping up the defense. In fact if KCP is playing like last year, he would be best in the starting lineup. Everything would fall in place.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
JerryWest_44 wrote:
MJST wrote:

Lonzo would rather have 2/8/7 and the Lakers win, as opposed to having 28/8/7 and the Lakers lose. The thing is, if Lonzo goes 28/8/7, more than likely the Lakers win.

Lonzo game is not predicated with him scoring but if he has that stat line, we would be running everyone like a buzzsaw. Zo should never pass an open layup for a 3 ball. It’s important to not become predictable. He does not need to score but he needs to be a threat. I’m glad he was not passing an open 3 ball even he missed them both.
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

I agree with this. Hart's shooting is needed, and he's better than the 2 young forwards at most other things as well. Actually, I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather see BOTH Ingram and Kuzma go to the bench, since neither one is hitting 3s and neither one rebounds.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:59 pm    Post subject:

bandiger wrote:
epak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

Kuzma-Lebron are too much to overcome unless the opp sucks at shooting that night. The way Lebron is playing I prefer Ingram, propping up the defense. In fact if KCP is playing like last year, he would be best in the starting lineup. Everything would fall in place.

I find it funny people haven't noticed Bron has only been playing in 2nd gear so far. Come playoffs he will shift to 4th and 5th.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Been debating losing both Ingram and Kuzma from the closing unit. (Kuzma should never be there if he's so-so offensively).

If Kuzma/Ingram are playing meh, closing with Lonzo, KCP, Hart, LeBron, Chander/McGee is probably our best option for consistent two-way play now that KCP is rounding into form.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
epak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

I agree with this. Hart's shooting is needed, and he's better than the 2 young forwards at most other things as well. Actually, I'm not so sure I wouldn't rather see BOTH Ingram and Kuzma go to the bench, since neither one is hitting 3s and neither one rebounds.

I completely agree. KCP in the lineup makes more sense than either of them. The only rub, I'm guessing, is who guards 4's since LBJ apparently doesn't want to start games doing it. Could Hart?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject:

^ You know what's crazy? None of us would have been saying KCP 2 weeks ago. The ebb and flow of the NBA baby!
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:20 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Been debating losing both Ingram and Kuzma from the closing unit. (Kuzma should never be there if he's so-so offensively).

If Kuzma/Ingram are playing meh, closing with Lonzo, KCP, Hart, LeBron, Chander/McGee is probably our best option for consistent two-way play now that KCP is rounding into form.

Offensively, you going to put a lot energy for Lebron to come through. Playoffs, you can roll with that but during regular season, you’re overworking Lebron . Kuz bring a lot of unpredictability because he moves and cuts. Ingram have some mismatches that we need to explore and develop.

Defensively, that’s a lot of holes to fill in especially with Lebron playing half speed in defense. KCP is a good on ball defender but lack size for help defense. Hart has trouble with quick guards. Zo and Chandler can’t fill on that holes.
kobe8One
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:25 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

What is the net ratio with Hart, Kuzma, James?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

kobe8One wrote:
epak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

Min: 158, Ortg: 108.0, Drtg: 101.9, Net: +6.1 Kuzma . Hart . James
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:58 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
epak wrote:
greenfrog wrote:
MJST wrote:

Starters:
Lonzo Ball
Josh Hart
Brandon Ingram
LeBron James
JaVale McGee

Bench:
Rajon Rondo
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Lance Stephenson / Svi
Kyle Kuzma
Tyson Chandler / Zubac

Min: 158, Ortg: 108.0, Drtg: 101.9, Net: +6.1 Kuzma . Hart . James

Ball, Hart, Bron, Kuz with a center is our best lineup. Luke you gotta recognize this.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1317, 1318, 1319 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1318 of 1688
Jump to: