OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1408, 1409, 1410 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:13 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
MJST wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lonzo has yet to have an off-season to work on his game on a basketball court. That is fact.

Life is unfair

Holding his lack of an off-season cause he was hurt, against him isn't being 'real cause life is unfair'. It's being biased without logic.

Ok, so you're saying people are being unfair to Lonzo?

https://gfycat.com/WholeMetallicBarbet

Last edited by MJST on Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:46 am; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lonzo has yet to have an off-season to work on his game on a basketball court. That is fact.

Life is unfair

And maybe we can give him more than 1.25 seasons?

What is this "we" stuff? Is he on the trading block or something?

Look above. I'm talking about folks who want to cut bait with, and especially those who inexplicably want a worse player in Fultz.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I will say he has not lived up to the high standards of a #2 pick as of now. But I need more than 1.25 seasons to make a final call on him.

How did this discussion turn into a final call on Lonzo? Is he being released today?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I will say he has not lived up to the high standards of a #2 pick as of now. But I need more than 1.25 seasons to make a final call on him.

How did this discussion turn into a final call on Lonzo? Is he being released today?

Again look at the posts above. People be calling for a referendum on him already.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MJST wrote:

Life is unfair

Look above. I'm talking about folks who want to cut bait with, and especially those who inexplicably want a worse player in Fultz.

How long have you been on this board? There's what, thousands of posters? There's always going to be outliers.

Why lump those all into a "we"? And why respond to my post when you're referring to other posters?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MJST wrote:

Life is unfair

How long have you been on this board? There's what, thousands of posters? There's always going to be outliers.

Why lump those all into a "we"?

Why are "you" so upset about "we?" It's a common colloquial term used in messageboards not specifically addressing one person.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Again look at the posts above. People be calling for a referendum on him already.

So your whole angle is to plead to the most extreme posters to please give Lonzo more time?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So your whole angle is to plead to the most extreme posters to please give Lonzo more time?

No my angle is addressing said extreme posters? What's going on today, everything alright?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
MJST wrote:

Life is unfair

Why lump those all into a "we"?

Why are "you" so upset about "we?" It's a common colloquial term used in messageboards not specifically addressing one person.

Because you are using it in a blanket way - using it to respond to other posters who've not offered such trade proposals.

It's like what, 1-2 outliers? It's not even worth discussing.

Why lump it all up like most Laker fans won't give him another year, or another offseason?

You're basically addressing 2 posters - so address them. Call them out.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:20 am    Post subject:

Why don't "we" just simmer down and move on. This is bizarre.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup, now that we've established Lonzo is not getting traded nor released today, let's move on
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup, now that we've established Lonzo is not getting traded nor released today, let's move on

Nor did I ever make these assumptions. That was a fun use of 1 page of Lonzo's thread!
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nor did I ever make these assumptions. That was a fun use of 1 page of Lonzo's thread!

Well you pleaded for everyone to give Lonzo more than 1.25 yrs. I'd assume you meant that we shoudn't trade nor release him today.

I support your platform.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:49 am    Post subject:

he is killing us with these horrible shooting games. I wish we could have snagged George Hill.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:55 am    Post subject:

-21! Ouch! Is he not even trying on defense anymore? We've been able to "absorb" his bad games and still pull out victories against weaker teams but that's not gonna happen against good teams.

Lebron could get us to the final (West Conf final) but we'd need everyone's contribution if we were to win it all. Still have more than half a season left to optimize the team. Hopefully, the people in charge will make the right decisions.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
-21! Ouch! Is he not even trying on defense anymore? We've been able to "absorb" his bad games and still pull out victories against weaker teams but that's not gonna happen against good teams.

Lebron could get us to the final (West Conf final) but we'd need everyone's contribution if we were to win it all. Still have more than half a season left to optimize the team. Hopefully, the people in charge will make the right decisions.

Isn't this why we got Rondo?

Depending on a 2nd year 21 year old PG deep into the playoffs is probably unrealistic anyways.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:06 am    Post subject:

very true... i'm betting if we had Rondo last night, Lonzo would have been grabbing pine most of the night.

and if we had BI, we might have won that game.

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Depending on a 2nd year 21 year old PG deep into the playoffs is probably unrealistic anyways.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
very true... i'm betting if we had Rondo last night, Lonzo would have been grabbing pine most of the night.

and if we had BI, we might have won that game.

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

Who knows. Harden getting 20 FTs ended our chances. BI may have caught those bogus foul calls (which upset him the last time and led to fisticuffs). Rondo is probably missed as a Lonzo alternative. I think Lonzo may be a bit winded right now with no true backup behind him.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
But with Fultz, at least it's a medical/injury reason

And we know this how? I'm in the 76ers market and many fans here seem to believe his agent became an "attorney" and shopped for a doctor to make that diagnosis. 76ers traded their pick AND the Sacto pick for Fultz. Imagine if the Lakers did something comparable to that.

Lonzo isn't completely broken. I still think he can be a very productive and useful player.

I obviously don't. But it's been at least reported by reputable media that it's been diagnosed as a nerve issue (which I myself, on the same post said I wasn't buying).

As for Lonzo, unfortunately, I haven't read a single report indicating it anything other than just terrible shooting.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:11 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

And we know this how? I'm in the 76ers market and many fans here seem to believe his agent became an "attorney" and shopped for a doctor to make that diagnosis. 76ers traded their pick AND the Sacto pick for Fultz. Imagine if the Lakers did something comparable to that.

Lonzo isn't completely broken. I still think he can be a very productive and useful player.

I obviously don't. But it's been at least reported by reputable media that it's been diagnosed as a nerve issue (which I myself, on the same post said I wasn't buying).

As for Lonzo, unfortunately, I haven't read a single report indicating it anything other than just terrible shooting.

Diagnosed after shopping around for a doctor who would diagnose that.

Lonzo's shooting is bad. But at least he's contributing defensively. He needs a shot doctor; Fultz, may need a lot more than that.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Link?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Link?

No link. But word out here.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I still contend it’s in his head more then anything. If you watched him in college he made all kinds of tough shots, his coach and teammates wanted him shooting and nobody around him questioned his unorthodox form. He never thought about it and as a Lonzo fan I wanted the ball in his hands all game long.

Now everybody questions him and the ball is in his hands less then 20% when everybody is healthy. Lonzo needs to be surrounded by catch and shoot scorers, not playmakers. Putting him out there with ball stoppers and iso scorers is ridiculous.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

I still contend it’s in his head more then anything. If you watched him in college he made all kinds of tough shots, his coach and teammates wanted him shooting and nobody around him questioned his unorthodox form. He never thought about it and as a Lonzo fan I wanted the ball in his hands all game long.

Now everybody questions him and the ball is in his hands less then 20% when everybody is healthy. Lonzo needs to be surrounded by catch and shoot scorers, not playmakers. Putting him out there with ball stoppers and iso scorers is ridiculous.

That it's in his head is my biggest fear! This is 1.25 seasons of it being in his head.

He's quickly showing us he doesn't have the mental make-up to be the player the front office and every one of us expected him to be as the #2 pick (in an extremely deep draft).

Lonzo is not a playmaker - he needs playmakers on the floor with him to be effective. Problem is, he could only be effective if he's hitting hit 3. Lonzo is not good in PnR, he's not good at getting to the basket, he's not good finishing at the basket, he's not good at breaking down a defense, and he's not good at attacking the paint. The transition game is but a small % of the overall time spent on the basketball court. Lonzo needs playmakers with him because he's not one.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:36 am    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Magic doesnt believe in shooters he just wants a bunch of “playmakers” to play hot potato
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1408, 1409, 1410 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1409 of 1688
Jump to: