OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1409, 1410, 1411 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:55 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
But with Fultz, at least it's a medical/injury reason

And we know this how? I'm in the 76ers market and many fans here seem to believe his agent became an "attorney" and shopped for a doctor to make that diagnosis. 76ers traded their pick AND the Sacto pick for Fultz. Imagine if the Lakers did something comparable to that.

Lonzo isn't completely broken. I still think he can be a very productive and useful player.

I obviously don't. But it's been at least reported by reputable media that it's been diagnosed as a nerve issue (which I myself, on the same post said I wasn't buying).

As for Lonzo, unfortunately, I haven't read a single report indicating it anything other than just terrible shooting.

Diagnosed after shopping around for a doctor who would diagnose that.

Link?

No link. But word out here.

DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:00 am    Post subject:

Sometimes I laugh when reading messages. It looks as if the player we see today is the same player we will see in the future. Zo and BI are young and just 21 yrs old. Wonder how many though they peaked at that age.

Zo only played 80 NBA games or BI only played 158 NBA games give them more time to mature. They are playing def even if the offense is lagging behind. You guys know Kuz and Hart are 2 years older right more time to mature in college. If they look the same 2 years from now, I might feel differently (I doubt from seeing how hard they work, instinct they posses and the progress they are making).

Last edited by DLaker on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:02 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

It's because we are in a win-now spotlight with LBJ here that our fanbase is losing patience with its young guys. I mean look at the other bottom dwellers and fans are more patient with their top picks.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
It's because we are in a win-now spotlight with LBJ here that our fanbase is losing patience with its young guys. I mean look at the other bottom dwellers and fans are more patient with their top picks.

Because most of those other fanbases don't know any better. They're perennial losers who are programmed to accept it. The Lakers know greatness and have experienced it for decades, and if you've lived through that greatness and witnessed it first hand, it's pretty clear to see Lonzo ain't it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:10 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Because most of those other fanbases don't know any better. They're perennial losers who are programmed to accept it. The Lakers know greatness and have experienced it for decades, and if you've lived through that greatness and witnessed it first hand, it's pretty clear to see Lonzo ain't it.

So are you basically saying all of our lotto picks "ain't it." Do we have some other #2 picks around?

My point is we can't discard guys like Lonzo or BI. How about some good old fashioned coaching?
Vanquish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

I disagree. Our picks have always been torn down whether we are in win now mode or lottery mode.

There is always an initial honeymoon period followed by calls to trade X rookie then followed by the regret phrase if said rookie does indeed get traded.

We then get trade ideas on how to get said rookie back.

Username wrote:

As an aside, I don't think there are that many no 2 picks who actually proceed to be all stars let alone HOFs. The entire draft process is a crap shoot in my opinion, so I'm happy if we get a starting rotation player which I think Lonzo will be. I still consider Rondo to be the starter over Lonzo at this stage of their careers.

Last edited by Vanquish on Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:28 am    Post subject:

Magic might have made a mistake in Lonzo in that his passing masked the fact that he cannot shoot. But if Lonzo had gone 12 to 18 he would might have been a bargain. His shooting is a big weakness.
Ingram was drafted right for he does everything well and doesn't have a big weakness.

Kuzma especially was a great pick and should have been a lottery pick. And his defense is coming around.
Hart is the same for his high pick. A great pick and bargain.

If Lonzo learns to shoot he may live up the the 2 pick. The UCLA hype might be what did it.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
Magic might have made a mistake in Lonzo in that his passing masked the fact that he cannot shoot. But if Lonzo had gone 12 to 18 he would might have been a bargain. His shooting is a big weakness.
Ingram was drafted right for he does everything well and doesn't have a big weakness.

Kuzma especially was a great pick and should have been a lottery pick. And his defense is coming around.

If Lonzo learns to shoot he may live up the the 2 pick. The UCLA hype might be what did it.

So why not just believe that Kuz was #2, and Hart 27, and Lonzo #30?
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:40 am    Post subject:

Vanquish wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

I disagree. Our picks have always been torn down whether we are in win now mode or lottery mode.

There is always an initial honeymoon period followed by calls to trade X rookie then followed by the regret phrase if said rookie does indeed get traded.

We then get trade ideas on how to get said rookie back.

Username wrote:

As an aside, I don't think there are that many no 2 picks who actually proceed to be all stars let alone HOFs. The entire draft process is a crap shoot in my opinion, so I'm happy if we get a starting rotation player which I think Lonzo will be. I still consider Rondo to be the starter over Lonzo at this stage of their careers.

I'm not sure that's the point. The fact is with the #2 pick, we had the second best opportunity at selecting the player in the draft (sans 1 player) to select the all-star or HOF in the draft. Now if no player in his draft turns into all-stars or HOF then we can say "it wouldn't have mattered".

If drafting is a crapshoot, find me a HOF or All-star that was selected with let's say... hmm... with the 58th pick. Exactly.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

LOL agree, although I'm very optimistic and hope we win the title this year, I know it's highly unlikely. I cant recall an NBA team winning a title after not making the playoff the previous year. I would be awesome if we could do it, but to trash and trade players to win now is dumb, since we know history is not on our side. Is would be better is we get real deep in the playoff this year with this kids and get a good shot of winning next year (this has been done plenty of time in history).
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

Because Tatum, Mitchell, Fox, Markennen still exist....

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

I'm good. B/c we have LBJ, a nice young core, and will likely add another max FA.

But hey, if you want to find something to be upset about, your free will to do so.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:44 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

Lonzo would be the steal of the draft if he were an UDFA
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Hmmm, that's strange not only did I "live through it" during the good years- I went to playoff games during our threepeat and have great memories-
During our second title and sweeping everyone I remember against Blazers Horry wanting to fight Dale Davis for a rough foul- Staples got loud quick cause Rob is such a mellow guy, he was LIT!
Anyways, I was there and I can see lonzo IS it.
Strange that we see different things.
( I thought Kobe was a bust after his airballs against Utah BTW)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You think?

DLO was a “bust” after his first summer league game around here and Lonzo has been getting trashed since last season (sometimes rightfully so). And we’ve been whining over Ingram since he got here too.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

You think?

DLO was a “bust” after his first summer league game around here and Lonzo has been getting trashed since last season (sometimes rightfully so)

But in years past we'd laugh it off and go to tankathon.com.

Now? It's sink/swim much faster than the ordinary course of business.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:59 am    Post subject:

Can Lonzo and Lebron co-exist? The Lebron off ball experiment is over. Lebron has to have the ball in his hands the majority of the time. Lonzo can't shoot. Something has to give.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:05 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
laker50 wrote:

He lost me at Ingram does everything well. L.O.L.
Jarmusch
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:06 pm    Post subject:

well, i would like to see lebron more at the 4, posting up guys and playmaking from the elbow but that aint happening, he's too in love with the perimeter
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Jarmusch wrote:
well, i would like to see lebron more at the 4, posting up guys and playmaking from the elbow but that aint happening, he's too in love with the perimeter

Lebron has always loved the perimeter. The idea he'd turn into a post player this year is ridiculous.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Jarmusch wrote:

Cleveland and Miami toyed with the idea of moving him off the ball too, and eventually realized the team was better when he had the ball in his hands. To no surprise Luke is doing the same. This is all on Magic's arrogance and stupidity for trying to fix a formula that wasn't broken with a bunch of useless ballhandlers.

Last edited by greenfrog on Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

Raise your hand if you shoot FTs and post up better than LBJ!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
But with Fultz, at least it's a medical/injury reason

And we know this how? I'm in the 76ers market and many fans here seem to believe his agent became an "attorney" and shopped for a doctor to make that diagnosis. 76ers traded their pick AND the Sacto pick for Fultz. Imagine if the Lakers did something comparable to that.

Lonzo isn't completely broken. I still think he can be a very productive and useful player.

I obviously don't. But it's been at least reported by reputable media that it's been diagnosed as a nerve issue (which I myself, on the same post said I wasn't buying).

As for Lonzo, unfortunately, I haven't read a single report indicating it anything other than just terrible shooting.

Diagnosed after shopping around for a doctor who would diagnose that.

Link?

Not exactly this completely but a lot of these sentiments being bandied about around the Philly region.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2018/12/14/no-draft-pick-basketballs-biggest-enigma-no-one-knows-whats-up-with-markelle-fultz/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.6751af572622
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:15 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1070084930032594945
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
https://twitter.com/howardeskin/status/1070084930032594945

In the practice of law, it's called forum/judge shopping.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1409, 1410, 1411 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1410 of 1688
Jump to: