OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1417, 1418, 1419 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:45 pm    Post subject:

The explosiveness he's shown off of 1 foot lately has been eye opening. I always knew he could get off the ground off 2 feet, but his development as a 1 foot jumper is going to make him more dangerous around the rim.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

As someone has already mentioned, Lonzo has played 80 NBA games. We all want instant gratification, but when the gifts are so obvious, you just can't toss away that potential because of impatience. I hope Magic and Pelinka don't fall into that trap.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

A list of players in the last two years to have at least 16 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists and five steals in a game.

James Harden (three times)
LeBron James
Giannis Antentokounmpo
Lonzo Ball

https://twitter.com/JacobRude/status/1074142844351365121?s=19
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
In addition to his triple-double tonight, Lonzo Ball locked up Kemba Walker, who entered the game 9th in the NBA in scoring.

Kemba shot just 1-for-11 with 2 turnovers when guarded by Zo. https://t.co/I7ayWbQhNN

https://twitter.com/JoeyARamirez/status/1074129227727888384?s=19

You should’ve listed the following too:

“Hornets two-time All-Star Kemba Walker was held to a season-low four points on 2-of-13 shooting from the field. Once a front-runner for the league MVP, Walker is in the midst of a major shooting slump, making just 32.3 percent (34 of 105) of his shots from the field in the last six games.”
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

The triple doubles was in garbage time against a weak opponent. At least the Lakers are smart to pad Lonzo's stats to increase his trade value. He's got one good game so the next 3 games are gonna atrocious? We've been here before. One good game and everyone thinks he's an allstar. I'll wait until he gets at least 2 good games in a row or put up these stats against a playoff caliber team before I get excited.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
In addition to his triple-double tonight, Lonzo Ball locked up Kemba Walker, who entered the game 9th in the NBA in scoring.

Kemba shot just 1-for-11 with 2 turnovers when guarded by Zo. https://t.co/I7ayWbQhNN

“Hornets two-time All-Star Kemba Walker was held to a season-low four points on 2-of-13 shooting from the field. Once a front-runner for the league MVP, Walker is in the midst of a major shooting slump, making just 32.3 percent (34 of 105) of his shots from the field in the last six games.”

Yet 16/10, 31/9, 25/6 and 21/8 in last 4 games for Kemba. 4/3 tonight. Great offensive guards go through offensive slumps but how often they are held under 5? So mention the PPG too. Haters should take a night off.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

I am assuming lebron is teaching Lonzo on how to impact the game without the shot falling
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:08 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
The triple doubles was in garbage time against a weak opponent. At least the Lakers are smart to pad Lonzo's stats to increase his trade value. He's got one good game so the next 3 games are gonna atrocious? We've been here before. One good game and everyone thinks he's an allstar. I'll wait until he gets at least 2 good games in a row or put up these stats against a playoff caliber team before I get excited.

I won't wait for you to stop being negative since that's what you have been doing in majority threads since joining..😂
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

saetarubia wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:

I won't wait for you to stop being negative since that's what you have been doing majority threads since joining..😂

No kidding. Go to sleep, buddy. Your takes are tired.
tkLAKERS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

Hornets was 6th in the east and Kemba is a 2-time all star.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Kemba has been pretty bad of late but you can at least give Zo credit for making sure it stayed that way, no? Lonzo smothered him and the Hornets, think he deserves some props for that.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

RCS926 wrote:
The explosiveness he's shown off of 1 foot lately has been eye opening. I always knew he could get off the ground off 2 feet, but his development as a 1 foot jumper is going to make him more dangerous around the rim.

Where's that guy that said he doesn't have that kind of athleticism?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Kemba has been pretty bad of late but you can at least give Zo credit for making sure it stayed that way, no? Lonzo smothered him and the Hornets, think he deserves some props for that.

Kemba was 20/8 type of bad recently which is like Dame during his slumps. ZO made him look 4/3 disaster level bad shooting below 10% in matchups.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

So when Lonzo stinks, you're unhappy.

When Lonzo has a great game, you're unhappy.

Noted.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:44 pm    Post subject:

He needs time, barely played more than half the NBA games last season and had an injury which sidelined him throughout the pre-season.

He's inconsistent and that's to be expected, I just hope for his sake he has a injury-free pre-season so he can fully work on his offensive game.

Such a unique player to have around stars, you can tell LeBron and his teammates love playing with him.
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:46 pm    Post subject:

Wow...haters....speechless....
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

Chris Martin Palmer
@ChrisPalmerNBA

Lonzo Ball becomes the 1st Laker in 30 years to deliver a 15p/10r/10a/5s performance. Only two other Lakers have done it: Magic, Jerry West.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:58 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Chris Martin Palmer
@ChrisPalmerNBA

Lonzo Ball becomes the 1st Laker in 30 years to deliver a 15p/10r/10a/5s performance. Only two other Lakers have done it: Magic, Jerry West.

yeah, he sucks.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:00 pm    Post subject:

is it me or Lebron really likes Lonzo?
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:01 pm    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Yes, he does, and the way to do that would’ve been to highlight the FG%, which dropped from .3+ to .154. Stats/gm are misleading and should be normalized to game mins.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
is it me or Lebron really likes Lonzo?

Has been the case from last season's summer league when he went to watch ZO play and posted that vid of ZO wearing Nike. Tweeted about ZO quite a few times last season calling him young King etc. Also congradulated him when ZO broke youngest triple double record at that time. ZO grew up idolizing Bron so I guess he wants him to succeed in NBA as sort of a mentor too. ZO also has the passing gift so it's no surprise he looked upto LeBron rather than other greats growing up.

ZO saying Bron is his favorite player before McDonalds All-American game.

Last edited by saetarubia on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:

How silly and obviously biased is that opinion?

Apparently, all his points, assists, rebounds, and steals happened after they had a 30 point lead. It's not how the lead grew.

Of course LeBron's stats all happened when the game was close.

Where's the eyeroll icon when you need it?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject:

l4kerz wrote:
PauPau wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

Yes, he does, and the way to do that would’ve been to highlight the FG%, which dropped from .3+ to .154. Stats/gm are misleading and should be normalized to game mins.
If anyone holds a top scorer to 1-11, it's worth talking about. Period.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:25 pm    Post subject:

LeBronZO

https://twitter.com/NBALakersNation/status/1074167049155297281
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:37 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo play coincided with Lavar coming out and saying
“I don’t worry about no trade. I figure everybody’s going to be where they supposed to be.”

he definitely played like he wasn’t worried.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1417, 1418, 1419 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1418 of 1688
Jump to: