OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1432, 1433, 1434 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
However, I will say this....scoring isn't really the Lakers issue anyway and Lonzo brings what I feel they need most to win which is better defense.

Well, as I write this, our ORtg is 16th in the league and our DRtg is 10th. That's good enough to make the playoffs, barring a major injury. But we aren't likely to make a run in the playoffs unless you believe that Lebron will just win playoff series by himself. (For whatever it's worth, the ESPN computer model projects us to finish at 46-36, fifth in the West.) If we're going anywhere this year, we need to keep the defense and improve the offense.

LeBron is a different dude in the playoffs. Get stops and he’ll make sure your offense is fine IMO. I don’t think those computer projections do a good job of accounting for a new team and young players getting better throughout the year.
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
He needs to get better in the half court if he is going to be successful.

100% to this. He's only 1.25 years in so I give him a longer leash. But this is the key to unlocking his game. He's tremendous offensively in a fast break but less so in a half court offense when it's ground to a halt. He's great at hockey assists but as a go-to iso scorer or late clock shooter he's pretty atrocious.

Yes, I agree.

A lot of his shots are obviously off line the moment they leave his hand, he is basically just hoping they go in rather than expecting they are going to go in.

His defense and rebounding are excellent and he is great at pushing the ball. But much of the NBA is played in the half court and so far he is a liability in the half court sets most of the time.

However, I will say this....scoring isn't really the Lakers issue anyway and Lonzo brings what I feel they need most to win which is better defense.

Agree with most of this..

We're 3rd in pace and tied for 15th with Wiggins and Co in offensive rating while having the best player in the world on our team...I.think scoring is something of an issue.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject:

PauPau wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
He needs to get better in the half court if he is going to be successful.

100% to this. He's only 1.25 years in so I give him a longer leash. But this is the key to unlocking his game. He's tremendous offensively in a fast break but less so in a half court offense when it's ground to a halt. He's great at hockey assists but as a go-to iso scorer or late clock shooter he's pretty atrocious.

Yes, I agree.

A lot of his shots are obviously off line the moment they leave his hand, he is basically just hoping they go in rather than expecting they are going to go in.

His defense and rebounding are excellent and he is great at pushing the ball. But much of the NBA is played in the half court and so far he is a liability in the half court sets most of the time.

Agree with most of this..

We're 3rd in pace and tied for 15th with Wiggins and Co in offensive rating while having the best player in the world on our team...I.think scoring is something of an issue.

Not to mention, much of our scoring is being shouldered by Lebron and relieving him of some that responsibility would go a long way.

That relief isn't coming from Lonzo, but it would certainly help.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Well, as I write this, our ORtg is 16th in the league and our DRtg is 10th. That's good enough to make the playoffs, barring a major injury. But we aren't likely to make a run in the playoffs unless you believe that Lebron will just win playoff series by himself. (For whatever it's worth, the ESPN computer model projects us to finish at 46-36, fifth in the West.) If we're going anywhere this year, we need to keep the defense and improve the offense.

LeBron is a different dude in the playoffs. Get stops and he’ll make sure your offense is fine IMO. I don’t think those computer projections do a good job of accounting for a new team and young players getting better throughout the year.

Yeah, I stopped doubting LBJ after 2015. The dude has proven he can go nuclear in the playoffs and will his team to the finals. This season I see us getting to the WCF losing in 5 as currently constructed. If we add Beal for KCP/BI, I think we would take GSW to 7.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Actually, ESPN using Pelton's projection methods had us missing the playoffs

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-wins-projection-sees-lakers-missing-playoffs-jazz-no-2-west
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 10:26 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Yeah, I stopped doubting LBJ after 2015. The dude has proven he can go nuclear in the playoffs and will his team to the finals. This season I see us getting to the WCF losing in 5 as currently constructed. If we add Beal for KCP/BI, I think we would take GSW to 7.

Agreed although I think we get to 6 with the current roster. Our length on D and LeBron could be enough to mitigate their shooting twice.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Actually, ESPN using Pelton's projection methods had us missing the playoffs

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-wins-projection-sees-lakers-missing-playoffs-jazz-no-2-west

That wasn't ESPN using Pelton's projection methods. It was Pelton using Pelton's projection methods. That was one of the silly things about that whole hullabaloo. One writer at ESPN made projections, and people on this board acted like it was the official pronouncement of ESPN.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Lebron is pretty much carrying the team in the regular season. Maybe he can raise his game a notch in the playoffs, but that typically involves playing a lot more minutes. He can go to the well too many times like that.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Lebron is pretty much carrying the team in the regular season. Maybe he can raise his game a notch in the playoffs, but that typically involves playing a lot more minutes. He can go to the well too many times like that.

Sure but he can carry a team while coasting. He’s also playing the least minutes of his career. He’s proven time and time again he can raise his game more than just a notch.
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

He would lose to current Shaq in a ft contest.

I don't understand being that bad at the line.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Liking this aggressive Zo.

Argue calls! Shoot 3s like u don’t give a crap
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has been gigantic in this one, it bodes well for the future.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

Good game by Zo tonight.. DLO is just a very solid offensive player, nothing you can do against him
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

Nice offensive game from Zo today. Great to see he has it in him.
Inverse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject:

His one big mistake was passing up an open 3 to Kuzma who then had to hoist a contested 3. He’s still lacking confidence
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Knew Lonzo would put some good numbers up tonight against DLO. I'm killing it in draftkings lately.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:09 pm    Post subject:

a lot of people dont know this but lonzo ball is actually pretty good at basketball folks its true
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Still interested in seeing how he looks with a full summer's work of skills-training. I'm optimistic.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:16 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo had a great game tonight, definitely wasn't the problem.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Zo still passing up open shots man... Really don't understand passing wide open shot for a contested one.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:35 pm    Post subject:

This kid has 23p (5-9 3s) 6r 3a 2stl and there's still negativity in this thread. I would start suspending folks if I was a mod, good thing I'm not.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Nice game by Lonzo but for some reason he had a -8 which was the worst of the starters.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:42 pm    Post subject:

5-9 from 3 is nice to see
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:44 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
Nice game by Lonzo but for some reason he had a -8 which was the worst of the starters.

Played with the 2nd unit the most.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

We win this game if McGee was fit. Depth already depleted and can't afford to miss our starting C who's a key contributor on both ends. Nets won 6 in a row? So seems like they are starting to figure it out without LeVert as well.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1432, 1433, 1434 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1433 of 1688
Jump to: