OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1556, 1557, 1558 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Billium wrote:
I have no idea as to the efficacy of the medical staff but it does seem like we would only hear about perceived failures on their part and not all the success they have. Hard to make a judgement with only partial information.

Success?

We're not the Suns. Not like we ever sign guys that are known to be injury prone and then they sign with us and they're playing 82 games. It's always the opposite, sign iron men and they suffer injuries that lasts months.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

i think he's done for the year...grade 3 is awful.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Young people don't really have the body to withstand the rigors of NBA basketball. Especially since Lonzo didn't have a pre-season.

and he chugs syrup for breakfast. really just want him to fix his diet
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:

The injury doesn’t require surgery, he should be back around late February or early March.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

The injury doesn’t require surgery, he should be back around late February or early March.

This is Lonzo, and the Lakers medical staff, he won't rush it, they won't rush it, its next season now, unless we get to the postseason. Even then he will barely play minutes, because its the playoffs and he hasn't played most of the season.
Nnamdi21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

that is correct but most players on grade 3 miss about 2 months and then have to play into shape..it finally took him about 3 months to get going.
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:18 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Billium wrote:
I have no idea as to the efficacy of the medical staff but it does seem like we would only hear about perceived failures on their part and not all the success they have. Hard to make a judgement with only partial information.

What success have they had

I am not convinced the Lakers office in general is really in tune with modern technology whether it comes to coaching or wellness. Seems pretty old school to me.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:21 pm    Post subject:

Nnamdi21 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nnamdi21 wrote:

that is correct but most players on grade 3 miss about 2 months and then have to play into shape..it finally took him about 3 months to get going.

Every Grade 3 ankle sprain has a different injury diagnosis and magnitude I’m pretty sure. so you shouldn’t feel like we won’t see Lonzo again this year, he is probably already working in the rehab room to get back as quickly as possible.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Billium wrote:

I am not convinced the Lakers office in general is really in tune with modern technology whether it comes to coaching or wellness. Seems pretty old school to me.

Lakers UCLA Health Training Center?
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:55 pm    Post subject:

Lot of doom and gloom in here...no way to sugar coat it, but the prognosis is 4 to 6 weeks with one of those weeks being the AS game...he'll be back.

This team will have maybe 20 games at full strength...this is where LeBron makes his money.

#BannersOverBillboards
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Lot of doom and gloom in here...no way to sugar coat it, but the prognosis is 4 to 6 weeks with one of those weeks being the AS game...he'll be back.

This team will have maybe 20 games at full strength...this is where LeBron makes his money.

Good post. I have a feeling LeBron is gonna go super sayian mode to keep us afloat.
Billium
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Billium wrote:

Success?

We're not the Suns. Not like we ever sign guys that are known to be injury prone and then they sign with us and they're playing 82 games. It's always the opposite, sign iron men and they suffer injuries that lasts months.

I was thinking more of all the unreported injuries and all the work they do to minimize those little things from turning into bigger issues. There is a ton of work that goes into making sure they are healthy beyond just the in game injuries and recovery from those.

Last edited by Billium on Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
PayasoLoco wrote:
Billium wrote:

Lol?
RichD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

4 to 6 weeks really means 6 to 8. Plus 5 games to get going again.
AJ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Sucks for this guy. His body just keeps failing on him and it's a shame when you see glimpses of just his pure talent. Get well soon...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Every Grade 3 ankle sprain has a different injury diagnosis and magnitude I’m pretty sure. so you shouldn’t feel like we won’t see Lonzo again this year, he is probably already working in the rehab room to get back as quickly as possible.

A Grade 3 sprain is a full tear of the ligament. He'll be in a cast or boot for a few weeks. If we manage to make the playoffs -- which is not a lock -- he might be functional by the first round.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

A Grade 3 sprain is a full tear of the ligament. He'll be in a cast or boot for a few weeks. If we manage to make the playoffs -- which is not a lock -- he might be functional by the first round.

Your opinion? Or did you see the MRI and know something different than the time table released?

Sounds like a guess to me. Something you pass off as facts a lot.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:37 pm    Post subject:

Google turns everyone into experts
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

Sucks he is basically done for the year. I expect 8-10 weeks since our staff is horrible
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:41 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Google turns everyone into experts

Google only leads you places, such as the american academy of orthopedic surgeons who define grade 3 as a full tear of the ligament.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:47 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Sucks he is basically done for the year. I expect 8-10 weeks since our staff is horrible

I do as well. Would be surprised to see him before the playoffs begin.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Your opinion? Or did you see the MRI and know something different than the time table released?

I said a prayer to Saint Google and was rewarded with wisdom about Grade 3 ankle sprains. The definition of a Grade 3 sprain is a full ligament tear. I will share some of this delivered wisdom:

Quote:
Grades of Ankle Sprains
After the examination, your doctor will determine the grade of your sprain to help develop a treatment plan. Sprains are graded based on how much damage has occurred to the ligaments.

Grade 1 Sprain (Mild)
Slight stretching and microscopic tearing of the ligament fibers
Mild tenderness and swelling around the ankle

Grade 2 Sprain (Moderate)
Partial tearing of the ligament
Moderate tenderness and swelling around the ankle
If the doctor moves the ankle in certain ways, there is an abnormal looseness of the ankle joint

Grade 3 Sprain (Severe)
Complete tear of the ligament
Significant tenderness and swelling around the ankle
If the doctor pulls or pushes on the ankle joint in certain movements, substantial instability occurs

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/sprained-ankle/
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I have been looking at various web sites and the recovery time that has been mentioned for Ball's recovery is more in agreement with the recovery time for a Grade 2 sprain.

Either it is a Grade 2 and they announced that wrong or they are being quite optimistic with the 4 - 6 weeks recovery time for a Grade 3.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I have been looking at various web sites and the recovery time that has been mentioned for Ball's recovery is more in agreement with the recovery time for a Grade 2 sprain.

Either it is a Grade 2 and they announced that wrong or they are being quite optimistic with the 4 - 6 weeks recovery time for a Grade 3.

I hope you are right, Grade 3 seems way to significant for 4-6 weeks, hopefully someone got mistaken but I wouldn’t hold my breathe.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I said a prayer to Saint Google and was rewarded with wisdom about Grade 3 ankle sprains. The definition of a Grade 3 sprain is a full ligament tear. I will share some of this delivered wisdom:

Quote:
Grades of Ankle Sprains
After the examination, your doctor will determine the grade of your sprain to help develop a treatment plan. Sprains are graded based on how much damage has occurred to the ligaments.

Grade 1 Sprain (Mild)
Slight stretching and microscopic tearing of the ligament fibers
Mild tenderness and swelling around the ankle

Grade 2 Sprain (Moderate)
Partial tearing of the ligament
Moderate tenderness and swelling around the ankle
If the doctor moves the ankle in certain ways, there is an abnormal looseness of the ankle joint

Grade 3 Sprain (Severe)
Complete tear of the ligament
Significant tenderness and swelling around the ankle
If the doctor pulls or pushes on the ankle joint in certain movements, substantial instability occurs

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/sprained-ankle/

Sweet. So you don't know the exact situation and timeline for Ball. Google is great though.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1556, 1557, 1558 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1557 of 1688
Jump to: