OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1558, 1559, 1560 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

When I saw the clip of the injury, the actual injury didn't look THAT bad, at least visually. Many guys roll their ankle like that and it won't be a Grade 3 sprain. Some guys just don't have as much stability in their joints and tendons and stuff to prevent an injury like that from being as severe as it could be.

Is it fair to wonder at this point if Lonzo is injury prone?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
When I saw the clip of the injury, the actual injury didn't look THAT bad, at least visually. Many guys roll their ankle like that and it won't be a Grade 3 sprain. Some guys just don't have as much stability in their joints and tendons and stuff to prevent an injury like that from being as severe as it could be.

I’m learning that ankle sprains aren’t really about looks. I’m pretty sure everyone who’s played ball has turned their ankle completely over and somehow been able to continue playing that day.....and then a different time turn it similarly and it’s a 2month thing
Ankles are ankles, man. Everyone has had an ankle take them down for 3+ weeks
BI and Zo have both turned their ankles 3 times this year, this is the first time Zo will miss games bcuz of it

Last edited by KeepItRealOrElse on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersfan8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

I had the same thought but then I read somewhere he had similar injury on that ankle before. Thus his anatomy and stability of that ankle would be different. Curry missed a significant number of games due to ankle sprain in his early career too.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Get well soon Zo. What else to say about it. We are just screwed this season with these injuries. There is nothing smart to say about all this. We just have to be patient and wait our moment of full health.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Wow, I personally thought it looked awful.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Wow, I personally thought it looked awful.

It looked bad, but not really 4-6 weeks bad. Anytime a player rolls his ankle it looks bad, but I've seen worse. Conversely, we'll all seen guys suffer lower body injuries where they were able to put weight on it with help and it didn't look really bad, and then they missed a couple months or even the rest of the season.

KIROE above said he's learning that injuries aren't really about looks. It seems like some guys have a stronger frame and greater stability where the same exact injury won't result in as much damage to them as it might to someone like Lonzo. I'm not a health care professional, so I could be wrong about that.
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:18 am    Post subject:

Hoping he comes back right after the All-Star break.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:21 am    Post subject:

He seems to be spraining his ankles a lot.

Obviously its a common basketball injury , but when its constantly occuring thats not good.. hopefully he doesnt have glass ankles like Curry
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 4:09 am    Post subject:

I wish there is some bank account for Lonzo. I would like to send some money for him to buy some decent shoes, like Nike or Adidas. This crap he is wearing is just wrong.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

Man, as a Lonzo supporter that’s probably the last straw for me. Between the poor FT shooting, the mediocre overall shooting and the lack of emotion I see from him it’s been hard to back him. One thing I was hanging my hat on was the fact that he was healthy and appeared to be improving in some things and was still playing D.

Now another injury that’s going to have him playing 65 games this season at best? I’m out on Lonzo. He will have to show marked improvement in both his shooting and his health to get me back on the bus. Guess I’m a Kuzma guy now.
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
Man, as a Lonzo supporter that’s probably the last straw for me. Between the poor FT shooting, the mediocre overall shooting and the lack of emotion I see from him it’s been hard to back him. One thing I was hanging my hat on was the fact that he was healthy and appeared to be improving in some things and was still playing D.

Now another injury that’s going to have him playing 65 games this season at best? I’m out on Lonzo. He will have to show marked improvement in both his shooting and his health to get me back on the bus. Guess I’m a Kuzma guy now.

Way to be supportive. Guy gets hurt giving his all to the team and lets abandon him.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

ItsJustMagic wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Way to be supportive. Guy gets hurt giving his all to the team and lets abandon him.

I’ve been a Stan since day one, I’ve taken up for him against all comers both on this board and IRL. There comes a point where you have to call them like you see em, us fans seem to care a lot more about his success then he does. Yes, it’s not his fault that he got hurt....it’s genetics I guess, dude is glass. Sorry, gotta go buy that Kuzma Jersey bro.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

See ya.

Last edited by epak on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
PauPau
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

And he's been playing so damn well, this is too much.

Get well soon Zo its just not the same without ya.
Short 3 playmakers is the stuff of nightmares!
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

I've been so critical of Lonzo, but I have to say, the last few games he's been playing amazing on both ends. Especially down the stretch how he's been controlling the games. Man it sucks he had to get hurt, I feel he was finally finding his stride.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Bard.. at 1st you thought it was a Grade 2 sprain then you bring up the injury being worse then it is... why the 180 change?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

The kids body wont give him a break. He was just getting it going. Im not confident he will continue this rise right when he comes back. It will take him some time to get back in his groove, it seems like that is who he is. Bad timing imo, especially if he is out for 6 weeks.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

just shoot free throws for the next 2 months
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
The kids body wont give him a break. He was just getting it going. Im not confident he will continue this rise right when he comes back. It will take him some time to get back in his groove, it seems like that is who he is. Bad timing imo, especially if he is out for 6 weeks.

Man, same thing happened last season. Just as he was playing his best basketball he gets injured. And he didn't return to his best form when he eventually came back. Now I'm going to be worried everytime he's playing well
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Did Lebron's injury look like a 3 or 4 weeker? Yeah seeing his reaction you had to be worried. But the actual point where the injury happened did not look bad at all.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:

Man, same thing happened last season. Just as he was playing his best basketball he gets injured. And he didn't return to his best form when he eventually came back. Now I'm going to be worried everytime he's playing well

Plus we have to think when he does comeback Lebron should be going full steam ahead. So Lonzo even touching the ball will be far and few between. Nobody said it was going to be easy
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/thelakersreview/status/1087207347095666689?s=21
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Yikes.
I guess I'll be waiting for playoff Lonzo?

Here's the reggie injury as he screams in pain... yikes make my stomach turn:

Couldnt find video on delly

Last edited by epak on Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:

Delly’s and Jackson’s Grade 3 sprains were more Impactful, I think Lonzo is more in line of having the less severe Grade 3 sprain which is why the time line is 4-6 weeks... if it was a tear he would need surgery and unless we are being played by the medical staff then, Lonzo’s time line is actually positive.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

^^^ OK well I posted this in the injury thread but let me go ahead and post it here because it’s a bit more optimistic.

INTERESTING LONZO TWEETS

per Laker Film Room

Everywhere I've looked has said that a Grade 3 ankle sprain is a full rupture that takes longer than 4-6 weeks to heal from. @3cbPerformance gave some additional context here that could explain the more optimistic timeline. He's a good follow if you have injury questions.
https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1087413548848836608?s=21

And Per Dr. Rajpal Brar, DPT

A grade 3 ranges from 75% torn to 100% torn (full rupture). W/ the latter, surgery is indicated whereas in the former (depending on extent) the ligament is still attached enough to heal. It’s a spectrum & Zo likely falls on the lower end of grade 3.
https://twitter.com/3cbperformance/status/1087410434192232448?s=21
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1558, 1559, 1560 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1559 of 1688
Jump to: