OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1561, 1562, 1563 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ItsJustMagic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

I think AH might have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
In fairness homeslice didn't have to respond to me like I'm some internet MD on here

First time on the internet?

This is how it works - no one that knows you in real life will question your credentials and EVERYONE on the internet will doubt any credentials you claim.

That's the nature of the beast, that's just how it works.

Quote:
No disrespect intended to anyone here...just understand that I put in my work, I paid my dues to earn the right to speak, and I won't ever apologize for knowing what I know.

I don't see anyone trying to censor you? Speak your mind, by all means. Seems you're getting bent out of shape because people are giving alternative theories.

Quote:
I'll put you on the phone with one of my patients
As a doctor, why would you even suggest that? Isn't that a violation of HIPAA?

You try to moderate alot and tell people what to do. How about not worry about it and let them work it out.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

ItsJustMagic wrote:
I think AH might have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Lol. I think he does every night
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
In fairness homeslice didn't have to respond to me like I'm some internet MD on here

This is how it works - no one that knows you in real life will question your credentials and EVERYONE on the internet will doubt any credentials you claim.

Quote:
No disrespect intended to anyone here...just understand that I put in my work, I paid my dues to earn the right to speak, and I won't ever apologize for knowing what I know.

I don't see anyone trying to censor you? Speak your mind, by all means. Seems you're getting bent out of shape because people are giving alternative theories.

Quote:

You try to moderate alot and tell people what to do. How about not worry about it and let them work it out.

ditto?

Nope, just call it like I see it. You low key troll with stupid questions.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:10 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

ditto?

This just got personal....
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

ditto?

Not really, look up your post history
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

ditto?

Not really, look up your post history

ok.

Anything else on your mind?
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

55 wrote:
So, is Lonzo an MD or not? This thread was better when everyone was arguing who's worse between Zo & BI.

oh boy. That's a race to the bottom. I'll call it a tie. Come at me bro!
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:07 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Great, but given that you haven’t examined him and are just reacting to the same media reports as everyone else, you’re just speculating like the rest of us. Otherwise, I’d defer to you. Earlier, we had a doctor on Twitter opining that this injury was no big deal based on the TV footage.

This would be true if everyone who is speculating held a medical license and had 2 decades of experience in practice.

I wasn't that doctor that spoke stupidly. You're not a doctor. And all opinions don't carry the same weight even when speculating.

I haven't examined Lonzo...but herein lies the difference between us...If both of us were given the opportunity to examine him, only one of us would know what we're doing. In situations like that I tend to listen to the person who knows more than I do rather than attempt to equate my opinion with that of someone who is licensed, trained and has much more experience than myself.

As more information about the injury comes out I will modify and adjust my professional opinion accordingly. But I can assure you based upon the information presented my medical point of view is very sound.

And I still don't know how that wasn't a blocking foul...but whatever...doesn't change the fact that unless LeBron goes godmode we're screwed.

In fairness, in your last iteration you threw your credentials around and I and a few of the mods did a little bit of research. Enough that you'd want to be real careful where the line of this goes. All good right now, and I appreciate that you have more knowledge than the average layperson, but don't lay it on too thick...

In fairness homeslice didn't have to respond to me like I'm some internet MD on here...that's on him and the only reason why I would ever 'throw my credentials' around. Although I'm not sure how saying that I'm a doctor, that he's not, that I have experience and he doesn't is 'throwing anything around'...it's just telling it like it is where I come from.

PM me if you want to validate my credentials, I'll give them all to you and my phone number so we can talk, I'm always down for that...want to see my licensing? no problem, I'll show you, you don't have to search for me...curious about my copyrights? no problem, I'll send you a free copy of one of my books...curious about my school? no problem I'll even take you on a virtual tour...need to confirm that I actually really know what I'm talking about? I'll put you on the phone with one of my patients...want to find out if I'm FOS or not? I'll put you on the phone with one of my graduates who are making what I teach them work in the real world.

When it comes to health and the human body I have EARNED the right to speak intelligently about it. I'm right here...I don't lie...I don't pretend...and I don't hide from anyone over anything. It's not in my DNA.

What I bolded from you sounds an awful lot like a threat to me. Was that your intention? Very curious...Because if you want to call me on the carpet we can jump on a FB live right now, no prep, and you can ask me anything about health, cellular repair, essential repair, how long it takes, therapeutic amounts. I have over 200 hours of recorded presentations on scientifically backed nutrition alone. I speak truth.

And if I don't know something...I'll tell you the 3 most important words a man of integrity can say...I...Don't...Know...because I don't know everything, and don't pretend to...but what I know, I know. What I've earned, I've earned. And what I say I do, I do.

It's not about laying anything on thick...it's about speaking truth about what you know. When I know something I speak. When I don't I listen...pretty good rule of thumb for everyone even though in this age of 'I have an opinion therefore I am' it's seldom respected.

Your boy elected to talk with me and insinuate that his POV is equal to mine on this topic...he's entitled to believe that nonsense if he wants to save face...but that don't make it the truth.

Helping people like I do is a privilege. Speaking truth is an obligation. I'd like to believe that when I meet my maker I can humbly say I've done both to the best of my ability.

Peace Be With You.

I already got the tour, thanks. Let’s just say it was interesting, and I have no interest in going there in public as long as you aren’t going to cut off dialogue with the I am a doctor and you aren’t thing. Deal?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

So who's meeting in Temecula to duke out the last page and a half of the thread? I'm taking bets.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
So who's meeting in Temecula to duke out the last page and a half of the thread? I'm taking bets.

Where’s the nearest airport?
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking for the Zo thread, but I just see net thuggin'

I'm been low on Zo, but I thought he was playing well/more aggressive lately - why did he have to get injured now - damn it all. I blame those $0.10 to make BBB/Sketchers shoes. He needs to get some $0.20 to make Jordans - they are twice as good.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

As expected. Omar punks the block.
Ain't an Avon, Stringer, or Marlo out of all y'all.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

I will turn this car around and no one gets ice cream, goddamnt.
Billium
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Maybe even the worst case scenario, Lonzo out and no playoffs, would be okay because it would allow Lonzo the time to put work into his shot. That much time and he should be at least low 70% at the line and respectable from 3.

Last edited by Billium on Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:06 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
kikanga wrote:

As expected. Omar punks the block.
Ain't an Avon, Stringer, or Marlo out of all y'all.

Lol, just trying to lighten the mood
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:13 am    Post subject:

Updated RPM numbers covering Ball's season through the injury: ORPM -0.66, DRPM +0.60, overall -0.06. If you're the superstitious sort, there sure are a lot of sixes in there. Anyway, those numbers are by far Ball's high water mark in the world of metrics. If he hadn't gotten hurt, and if he had sustained his level of play, he might finally have achieved a positive ORPM by the all-star break.

Lebron, Zubac, and Hart are the only Lakers in the top 100 players.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

By the way guys, seems like he was wearing Nikes on the video I saw when he went down. Could be wrong but I swear I saw the Nike symbol
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Great, but given that you haven’t examined him and are just reacting to the same media reports as everyone else, you’re just speculating like the rest of us. Otherwise, I’d defer to you. Earlier, we had a doctor on Twitter opining that this injury was no big deal based on the TV footage.

This would be true if everyone who is speculating held a medical license and had 2 decades of experience in practice.

I wasn't that doctor that spoke stupidly. You're not a doctor. And all opinions don't carry the same weight even when speculating.

I haven't examined Lonzo...but herein lies the difference between us...If both of us were given the opportunity to examine him, only one of us would know what we're doing. In situations like that I tend to listen to the person who knows more than I do rather than attempt to equate my opinion with that of someone who is licensed, trained and has much more experience than myself.

As more information about the injury comes out I will modify and adjust my professional opinion accordingly. But I can assure you based upon the information presented my medical point of view is very sound.

And I still don't know how that wasn't a blocking foul...but whatever...doesn't change the fact that unless LeBron goes godmode we're screwed.

In fairness, in your last iteration you threw your credentials around and I and a few of the mods did a little bit of research. Enough that you'd want to be real careful where the line of this goes. All good right now, and I appreciate that you have more knowledge than the average layperson, but don't lay it on too thick...

In fairness homeslice didn't have to respond to me like I'm some internet MD on here...that's on him and the only reason why I would ever 'throw my credentials' around. Although I'm not sure how saying that I'm a doctor, that he's not, that I have experience and he doesn't is 'throwing anything around'...it's just telling it like it is where I come from.

PM me if you want to validate my credentials, I'll give them all to you and my phone number so we can talk, I'm always down for that...want to see my licensing? no problem, I'll show you, you don't have to search for me...curious about my copyrights? no problem, I'll send you a free copy of one of my books...curious about my school? no problem I'll even take you on a virtual tour...need to confirm that I actually really know what I'm talking about? I'll put you on the phone with one of my patients...want to find out if I'm FOS or not? I'll put you on the phone with one of my graduates who are making what I teach them work in the real world.

When it comes to health and the human body I have EARNED the right to speak intelligently about it. I'm right here...I don't lie...I don't pretend...and I don't hide from anyone over anything. It's not in my DNA.

What I bolded from you sounds an awful lot like a threat to me. Was that your intention? Very curious...Because if you want to call me on the carpet we can jump on a FB live right now, no prep, and you can ask me anything about health, cellular repair, essential repair, how long it takes, therapeutic amounts. I have over 200 hours of recorded presentations on scientifically backed nutrition alone. I speak truth.

And if I don't know something...I'll tell you the 3 most important words a man of integrity can say...I...Don't...Know...because I don't know everything, and don't pretend to...but what I know, I know. What I've earned, I've earned. And what I say I do, I do.

It's not about laying anything on thick...it's about speaking truth about what you know. When I know something I speak. When I don't I listen...pretty good rule of thumb for everyone even though in this age of 'I have an opinion therefore I am' it's seldom respected.

Your boy elected to talk with me and insinuate that his POV is equal to mine on this topic...he's entitled to believe that nonsense if he wants to save face...but that don't make it the truth.

Helping people like I do is a privilege. Speaking truth is an obligation. I'd like to believe that when I meet my maker I can humbly say I've done both to the best of my ability.

Peace Be With You.

I already got the tour, thanks. Let’s just say it was interesting, and I have no interest in going there in public as long as you aren’t going to cut off dialogue with the I am a doctor and you aren’t thing. Deal?

Gotta go both ways tho mod. Lawyers are allowed (and have done) used their credential when arguing (mostly in off topic) but doctors are frown upon when presenting theirs?
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
By the way guys, seems like he was wearing Nikes on the video I saw when he went down. Could be wrong but I swear I saw the Nike symbol

I think it had nothing to do with his shoes, but he was wearing BBB

Check the footage, it's this model: https://usatlonzowire.files.wordpress.com/2019/01/usatsi_11932714.jpg
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:31 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Quote:
need to confirm that I actually really know what I'm talking about? I'll put you on the phone with one of my patients

"Hello Mr. Mantlebaum? Sorry to bother you at home. No, no don't worry. Theres nothing wrong with your test results. I'm calling because a moderator on a Laker message board I post on insinuated I might not be a doctor and as one of my patients I was hoping you might hop on the phone with him and answer some of his questions. H-Hello?"

Mr. Mantelbaum.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Peace Be With You.

Gotta go both ways tho mod. Lawyers are allowed (and have done) used their credential when arguing (mostly in off topic) but doctors are frown upon when presenting theirs?

I agree with that in principle, and I think the specifics here can stay private.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

ok
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

Hey y'all, I'm a doctor* too.

*A doctor of philosophy...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:
Hey y'all, I'm a doctor* too.

*A doctor of philosophy...

I didn't know that! Just PMed you a political philosophy question that has been driving me nuts for years.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1561, 1562, 1563 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1562 of 1688
Jump to: