OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1592, 1593, 1594 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coopscohen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:45 am    Post subject:

I guess he posted this after the trade deadline passed lol

https://twitter.com/slamonline/status/1093606217342054401?s=21
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

lonzobryant wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I can't wait until he's back.

No kidding, watching Rondo play defense is so frustrating, dude puts zero effort on that end.

I think we're about to go on a run without him and he's going to be on the outside looking in.

Rondo's big shot last night brought some life back into this team and it was nice to see everyone celebrating together.

Well, if we don't go on a run pretty soon, it will all be academic.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

No kidding, watching Rondo play defense is so frustrating, dude puts zero effort on that end.

What’s strange about that is that Rondo used to be a lockdown defender.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CantStopJM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:01 pm    Post subject:

I hate how this team never gives us update.

Is he progressing well? It's been nearly 3 weeks and nothing suggesting that he's on track with his timetable.

Or are they going to lie to us like they did with bron and BI last year?
Klutch Sports Group
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
I hate how this team never gives us update.

Is he progressing well? It's been nearly 3 weeks and nothing suggesting that he's on track with his timetable.

Or are they going to lie to us like they did with bron and BI last year?

I don't know, but he was in a boot only for like a week or so.
Klutch Sports Group
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:10 pm    Post subject:

My bad, he had crutches for a week. Don't know if he is still in a boot.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Klutch Sports Group wrote:
My bad, he had crutches for a week. Don't know if he is still in a boot.

If he's out of the boot by Wed next week and on to physical therapy then he is on time. If he's out of the boot already then he's ahead of schedule but still won't play for 6 weeks. If the boot is on after week 4 or 5 then we won't see him again this year.

#BannersOverBillboards
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Brad Turner reported that he’ll be back after the all star break. Obviously should be taken with a grain of salt
pokoy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

It's time for Lonzo to "fire" Lavar

Watched some of his interviews from yesterday. While he did say a few things that made sense, a lot of it is just over the top bluster (he's mad at the Lakers for not keeping their "promise" because they didn't offer Gelo a roster spot on the summer league?? Dude gtfo of here), and for the most part it's stuff that can just cause drama in the locker room especially if folks view him as Zo's mouthpiece... If Luke does get fired, this dude is going to take credit and be even more overbearing (even though Luke can probably get fired without help from anyone else), and I just wonder if it will embolden him to be even louder.

Either Zo needs to start distancing himself from him publicly (like Mike Muscala did with his dad's offensive comments) or Magic needs to trade him as soon as his value as high enough to fetch good value back, because I think he really is going to be a legit star at some point and I'd hate to lose him for nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakersDC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

At one point I even missed Lavar, but now that he's back, I remember why he annoyed the hell out of me. It's funny that Lavar rationalizes Lonzo's maturity (not yelling at his coach when he is taken out of the game like Lavar would) due to his middle-class upbringing in Chino Hills.

Lavar must have been doing a lot of yelling at his coach when he averaged 2 PPG...
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:49 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lots of guys were good defenders at 25. These days, Rondo can still do it in bursts, but he can’t sustain it.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

Watched some of his interviews from yesterday. While he did say a few things that made sense, a lot of it is just over the top bluster (he's mad at the Lakers for not keeping their "promise" because they didn't offer Gelo a roster spot on the summer league?? Dude gtfo of here), and for the most part it's stuff that can just cause drama in the locker room especially if folks view him as Zo's mouthpiece... If Luke does get fired, this dude is going to take credit and be even more overbearing (even though Luke can probably get fired without help from anyone else), and I just wonder if it will embolden him to be even louder.

Either Zo needs to start distancing himself from him publicly (like Mike Muscala did with his dad's offensive comments) or Magic needs to trade him as soon as his value as high enough to fetch good value back, because I think he really is going to be a legit star at some point and I'd hate to lose him for nothing.

That’s a good article. When Ball got hurt, I was starting to believe in him. I’d hate to see his career limited by his dad. I agree with your last comment, though.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

I look a Lavar like an old school WWF promoter. He enjoys getting a rise out of people with his words and a lot of people fall for it.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
I look a Lavar like an old school WWF promoter. He enjoys getting a rise out of people with his words and a lot of people fall for it.

the difference is this is not WWF, you son actually plays for a team and people are involved.

You think AD's Dads comments aren't relevant when it comes to AD and Boston?
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:27 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:

Throwing his coach and teammates under the bus is not acceptable no matter what his intentions are. If he was slamming Lonzo the same way you could at least mistake it as tough love but he doesn't do that.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

I’m talking about Lavar and what Lavar has done for years now. I’ve never heard ADs dad speak until last week but I also don’t think it’s going to deter the Celtics for trading for AD if they hold on to Kyrie. AD and Kyrie would be a much better pairing then LeBron and AD.

Having said that, the rumored trade with the Celtics is not better then what the Lakers offered. The Pelicans will regret not jumping on that trade but I’m happy they didn’t.
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:42 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Brad Turner reported that he’ll be back after the all star break. Obviously should be taken with a grain of salt

Unfortunately, next season is also “after the all star break”. 😊

If Lonzo misses the end of the season/playoffs and especially any of summer, I think it’s likely he won’t make it through next season with the Lakers..
AllorNothing
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 4:47 pm    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
scooterp10 wrote:

Throwing his coach and teammates under the bus is not acceptable no matter what his intentions are. If he was slamming Lonzo the same way you could at least mistake it as tough love but he doesn't do that.

We he did say lonzo became a loser. Lol
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

He's not gonna distance himself from his dad because his words effect the media/fans more than they effect him personally.

Lonzo has said this many times "He's been this way my whole life." so he doesn't give a care. Nor does he give a care what people think and likely doesn't give two cents about someone in the media saying he needs to distance himself from his own father. There's a scary bit of obsession the media and fans have on what Lonzo should do about his own parents.

Remember when Lavar's comments were supposedly going to cost the Lakers a chance at LeBron?
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
pokoy wrote:

He's not gonna distance himself from his dad because his words effect the media/fans more than they effect him personally.

Lonzo has said this many times "He's been this way my whole life." so he doesn't give a care. Nor does he give a care what people think and likely doesn't give two cents about someone in the media saying he needs to distance himself from his own father. There's a scary bit of obsession the media and fans have on what Lonzo should do about his own parents.

Remember when Lavar's comments were supposedly going to cost the Lakers a chance at LeBron?

Lavar was kissing LeBron's butt before LeBron signed though. He was saying really nice stuff and staying in his lane.

If people don't think Lavars talking has an effect, ask the Spurs, the Pelicans.. asks Liangelo Ball why he didn't even get a Summer league roster spot...lol
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
MJST wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Lavar was kissing LeBron's butt before LeBron signed though. He was saying really nice stuff and staying in his lane.

If people don't think Lavars talking has an effect, ask the Spurs, the Pelicans.. asks Liangelo Ball why he didn't even get a Summer league roster spot...lol

Pelicans valued Zo the most according to reports... Spurs have Murray so that probably affected their interest far more.... Liangelo sucks and would’ve probably been a mid major player if not for his name and HS teams gimmick style of play. Lavar has made his kids rich and his son fulfilled his dream of being a top NBA draft pick on the Lakers. Maybe he’s negatively affecting the youngest one but Zo and the middle brother have benefitted from Lavar and all his antics. Maybe he had an effect but it’s undoubtedly overblown and the positives of it are ignored because he plays a villainous character in the media.
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

All Lonzo needs to do is distance himself from what his father was saying in his TV parade.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Intlakeshow wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Lots of guys were good defenders at 25. These days, Rondo can still do it in bursts, but he can’t sustain it.

Certainly he'll do it in longish spurts in the playoffs. The question is whether he'll do it enough during the regular season so we can actually reach the playoffs.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

The problem with Rondos defense wasn’t that he was being beat. The problem was he was ignoring his guy and cheating down in to the paint to try and get a back pocket steal and the ball handler recognized it and hit rosier for a three with 10 feet of open space.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

If the Ball family wants to continue to be associated with the Lakers - then Zo needs to frickin' improve his shooting percentage, period end of story, the Lakers are not a Charity supporting poor shooters!

Hear that dad?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1592, 1593, 1594 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1593 of 1688
Jump to: