OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1635, 1636, 1637 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Lakers' Ball chooses CAA as new representation

https://twitter.com/ramonashelburne/status/1115357826069618688

A couple of the major agents under the CAA umbrella are Leon Rose (clients include Chris Paul, Oladipo, DBook, Embiid, KAT) &....Aaron Mintz - who LAL fans know well. I'll be pretty interested in seeing who, among the roster of agents at CAA, becomes the principle rep for Lonzo.

https://twitter.com/forumbluegold/status/1115366390498639872
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:37 pm    Post subject:

I don't think he will sign with Mintz given his Insta post with his jersey on the rafters. Mintz and Magic doesn't get along due to PG13, DLO and Randle sagas. Leon Rose looks the likely option and he has some big clients as well.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Looking at the Client list no way he would have taken Klutch over CAA. Zo is steps ahead.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Looking at the Client list no way he would have taken Klutch over CAA. Zo is steps ahead.
steps ahead of what?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
I like Lavar and I liked his ideas about branding honestly. The problem was that he didn’t surround himself with professionals because he was too arrogant. That seems to be in the process of changing now with Lonzo getting with real professionals.

Lonzo has a father and family that loves him, nothing wrong with that. It’s so odd to me with the erosion of the black family over the past 50 years and the particular failure of the black father role that Lavar isn’t given more respect.

Dude is arrogant and nowhere near as smart as he thinks, hopefully he’s learned a lesson about humility through all this. Still I have no problem with Lavar actively trying to help his son and his family.

the issue I have is the family is Lavar's responsibility, not Lonzo's.....yet his dad is weighing him down buy trying to use Lonzo to benefit the brothers. He should be looking for the single best agent for Lonzo....that should be the only issue in this decision, yet reports suggest it is not the only issue driving the decision.
incorrect.

its a family affair. you have a family business to help the entire family. when you were a kid, your dad and mom did what they had to do to build the foundation for BBB. if it wasnt for their sacrifices there wouldnt be a BBB in the first place. no BBB< less hype, less hype, less money he can even draw from everything he's going to get coming up even with the air balled jumpers, ft's, and layups. you have never seen a guy with such a flawed game be this hyped, this popular in life. has never happened. thanks to lavar. so if you can win with lavar, you have to be ready to lose with lavar. thats life. it will happen with professionals as well. And by the way melo has his own fame now, he doesnt need zo's. now that middle bro...lol
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
If we are trading all the kids for AD it doesn't matter what LaVar does... but if we are keeping some of them it does.

Neither Ingram or Lonzo's people seem thrilled with Lakers at this point, but if we have to consider choosing to keep Ingram or Ball and the rest to sign AD in 2020... then it is relevant if LaVar is trying to get three kids on one team... because talent aside... you'd rather keep Ingram if LaVar is forcing a package deal on us to resign him.

A version of Lonzo who is 100% his own man, is a much more attractive player to keep, because you are dealing with someone who seems like a level headed kid. A version of Lonzo who is loyal to his father, is a lot more difficult to negotiate with because of his other agenda.

If LaVar wasn't trying to impose his will on teams... I'd be curious to see LaMelo anyway. But after the circus, he becomes much less attractive a player.

He should just have left things alone and maybe privately counseled Lonzo without this new twist. No one expects a son not to receive advice from their parent... but trying to impose three kids on a company is unorthodox in any field, not just sports.
what circus? it doesnt change the basketball. so i dont care. does it change the hoop on the court? NOPE. then you can circus vargas all day long. if it starts messing with my guys hoops, then thats where i draw the line on a lavar or any other agent.

by the way. you guys dont like lavar trying to get the brothers signed to the lakers.

you do realize agents do this too right? they try to force teams to take multiple players as a package. this is why some teams end up with a solid guy in the summer and a suspect signing at some point. its because they were forced by the big stars agent to pickup that other guy too or else.

But i know. since lavar isnt a known AGENT> he looks worse doing the same thing.

its just not something you guys are use to. you like things the way they are. some believe things need to be shaken up. and BBB was a nice shot at that. the first to do it usually doesnt make it work. its usually someone that comes behind them that gets a chance to see the failures and the successes that figures out the best way to do it.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn must be Lavar Ball. I don't think I've ever seen anyone fondle over someone's balls (pun intended) more than this guy. Even the Ingram/Kuz/Zo cult isn't this bad but at least they play for our team
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
steps ahead of what?

From Lady Gaga to Joe Biden to Jeter and Beckham, CAA does it all. So Zo is looking to be a star, not just a basketball player looking for a shoe deal and the next contract. Good for him.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:31 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
steps ahead of what?

From Lady Gaga to Joe Biden to Jeter and Beckham, CAA does it all. So Zo is looking to be a star, not just a basketball player looking for a shoe deal and the next contract. Good for him.

basically continuing what he was already doing. the reason i asked with the steps ahead question is as if Klutch isnt producing shows/movies, etc. shoot, BBB with loud mouth pops and a thief like Alan had zo on TV more than a few of these other agencies and their ball players. So now here's the question, do you want zo thinking about being a star right now? or thinking about being the best basketball player he can be? wasnt that the issue some of you guys had with him and the IDEA that he was worrying about BBB so much? if that's the case, he will surely be worrying about himself becoming a star if this is the main reason he signed with that agency. Isnt that the one knock on all new era players, that they care more about their BRAND then they do about the sport itself? just sayin
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

tony wrote:
splashmtn must be Lavar Ball. I don't think I've ever seen anyone fondle over someone's balls (pun intended) more than this guy. Even the Ingram/Kuz/Zo cult isn't this bad but at least they play for our team
actually its you tony. you hate the guy, so you post about him some way some how ALL the time. i just comment on your opinions of lavar and add context. sorry i dont hate lavar like you do Tony. And Zo does play for our team. BBB is/was part of Zo's Company along with his pops. again, if you never cry about lavar, I would never have any lavar related business to respond to. you see how that works?
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
steps ahead of what?

basically continuing what he was already doing. the reason i asked with the steps ahead question is as if Klutch isnt producing shows/movies, etc. shoot, BBB with loud mouth pops and a thief like Alan had zo on TV more than a few of these other agencies and their ball players. So now here's the question, do you want zo thinking about being a star right now? or thinking about being the best basketball player he can be? wasnt that the issue some of you guys had with him and the IDEA that he was worrying about BBB so much? if that's the case, he will surely be worrying about himself becoming a star if this is the main reason he signed with that agency. Isnt that the one knock on all new era players, that they care more about their BRAND then they do about the sport itself? just sayin

I don’t care what any NBA player does with their free time. Just help our Lakers get back to Championship contention.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Lavar Ball for VP of Basketball Operations
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Do it mitch.....oh wait.. mitch can't do it. so who's in charge of ...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:

Nope
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Lavar did such a great job with Lonzo. Dude is so well spoken
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:

Credit should probably go to the mama, because Lavar sounds like a (bleep) dunce. Zo does not.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
tony wrote:

Credit should probably go to the mama, because Lavar sounds like a (bleep) dunce. Zo does not.

They both did a good job on Lonzo. Seemed like they stopped giving a (bleep) after gelo and melo though
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 1:00 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
tony wrote:

They both did a good job on Lonzo. Seemed like they stopped giving a (bleep) after gelo and melo though

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

tony wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
tony wrote:

you do realize mama ball had a bad stroke right? so I'll give them a pass on melo. now GELO....
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

https://theathletic.com/919977/2019/04/12/charania-magics-sudden-departure-still-baffling-but-he-was-clearly-over-the-job-and-all-of-its-sideshows/

Quote:
Sources: One of the final messes Magic Johnson dealt with within the final two months as Lakers President was preventing Lonzo Ball from potentially undergoing surgery unauthorized by the team.

Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

So what's the gist of this, for those of us don't subscribe to The Athletic. Did the team not want him getting surgery at all, or was he trying to do it with a surgeon not approved by the team?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

Username wrote:
So what's the gist of this, for those of us don't subscribe to The Athletic. Did the team not want him getting surgery at all, or was he trying to do it with a surgeon not approved by the team?

Unauthorized with someone who was familiar with the family and pushed by the guy that stole money from the Ball family. Fun stuff.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

I'm confused at this story. Am I supposed to be outraged? If so, who am I outraged at?
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:

Unauthorized with someone who was familiar with the family and pushed by the guy that stole money from the Ball family. Fun stuff.

Egads! That is crazy!
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
“Lonzo Ball traveled to Ohio in late February to potentially go through with a procedure on his injured ankle, pushed by Foster, a source familiar with the situation told The Athletic.”

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1635, 1636, 1637 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1636 of 1688
Jump to: