OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1639, 1640, 1641 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:33 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epak wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwLIKp3lcF8/

So glad his ankle is feeling better

LaMelo is frikkin' tall!

Yea in the interview, Zo said melo is the same height as him now.
And Lonzo said he's 6'6/6'7.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
epak wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwLIKp3lcF8/

So glad his ankle is feeling better

LaMelo is frikkin' tall!

Yea in the interview, Zo said melo is the same height as him now.
And Lonzo said he's 6'6/6'7.

I assume he'll fall in the 2020 draft because he's going to China (sorry about my older bro tour) or Australia and scouting will be pretty difficult.

What I'm saying is is the Lakers should maybe look at drafting LaMelo next year (if they don't trade the 2020 pick).
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

Just playing out scenarios, Lonzo likely won't be a Laker past summer 2020. His best chance of remaing in purple and gold is if the Lakers sign Kawhi this summer and can't trade for AD. I wouldn't get too attached to him if you aren't already.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

So Melo is the actual height that Lonzo's always claimed to be.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:48 am    Post subject:

Just playing out scenarios, Lonzo likely won't be a Laker past summer 2020. His best chance of remaing in purple and gold is if the Lakers sign Kawhi this summer and can't trade for AD. I wouldn't get too attached to him if you aren't already.

Take my tears
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:

Take my tears

I disagree with BVH about his future but that might be because I’m trying to remain optimistic despite the Lakers giving us no reasons to.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:

Take my tears

I disagree with BVH about his future but that might be because I’m trying to remain optimistic despite the Lakers giving us no reasons to.

Give me my tears back
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:

Take my tears

Give me my tears back

I'm attached to Lonzo anyway. Can't help liking who you like. But I figure in general any player who's less than a superstar never is a safe bet to stick around.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:

Take my tears

Give me my tears back

I'm attached to Lonzo anyway. Can't help liking who you like. But I figure in general any player who's less than a superstar never is a safe bet to stick around.

Remember how sad you were when Nick was traded?
Remember how sad you were when Eddie Jones was traded?

You know what's funny about the Nick trade? It was for Tony Battie and the potential future Lakers coach, Tyronn Lue.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Bol wrote:
epak wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:

Take my tears

Give me my tears back

Remember how sad you were when Nick was traded?
Remember how sad you were when Eddie Jones was traded?

You know what's funny about the Nick trade? It was for Tony Battie and the potential future Lakers coach, Tyronn Lue.

ohhh, nice retort. loved nick the quick and eddie.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

Attached to Lonzo? Yikes. He's not that good.
Instead of horsing around, guy needs to work on shooting the basketball and staying healthy. Two things he has been horrible at. Yes, horrible.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:19 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Instead of horsing around, guy needs to work on shooting the basketball and staying healthy. Two things he has been horrible at. Yes, horrible.

I’d hate to hear what you think about some other Lakers shooting ability. Kid is a hooper. You’ll realize that sooner or later. Hopefully it’s as a Laker and not another DLO situation.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I’d hate to hear what you think about some other Lakers shooting ability. Kid is a hooper. You’ll realize that sooner or later. Hopefully it’s as a Laker and not another DLO situation.

Hey, I know the kid has potential, I get that. I watched him play. I am not ignorant to that fact. Magic still whiffed on the pick.

But, hell yes he needs to work on shooting and get a strength and conditoning coach so he stops breaking down. I mean, he needs to put the time in the gym and shoot. Regardless of how much potential he has, you can't really defend a 42% free throw shooter. I think he was the worst or last to the worst in the entire NBA.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:24 pm    Post subject:

I like Lonzo, but I don’t see hi in our long term plans, if his shooting doesn’t dramatically in. Same for BI, but I think if he flatlines where he is and would take a reasonable deal, we would keep him.

What a di for both guys if they could shoot 75 percent on their free throws.
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:17 pm    Post subject:

lol at people considering LaMelo a legit NBA prospect. Kid is a clown that plays clown basketball. Please just stop
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
lol at people considering LaMelo a legit NBA prospect. Kid is a clown that plays clown basketball. Please just stop

You have no clue either way.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

Hey, I know the kid has potential, I get that. I watched him play. I am not ignorant to that fact. Magic still whiffed on the pick.

But, hell yes he needs to work on shooting and get a strength and conditoning coach so he stops breaking down. I mean, he needs to put the time in the gym and shoot. Regardless of how much potential he has, you can't really defend a 42% free throw shooter. I think he was the worst or last to the worst in the entire NBA.

It’s alot more than potential. He was the second most impactful player on the team this year and I don’t think that’s really debatable. Sure it might’ve been partially because his backup sucked but a lot of the people using that as a reason thought Rondo would take his starting job before the season.

Whiffed on the pick? We’ll agree to disagree there.

Yes he needs to stay healthy, that’s easily my biggest worry regarding his future as a player.

Sure he needs to improve his shooting, as he was doing. The FT shooting is an embarrassment but has very little impact on the game. He missed a total of 39 FTs this year. You’re focusing on the wrong aspects of his game when evaluating him if FT shooting is that high on your list of criteria.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Could be. Or he could have a long successful career. Tough to tell either way at this point.
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

Is lonzo finally gonna have an off season to strengthen his legs?
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

It’s alot more than potential. He was the second most impactful player on the team this year and I don’t think that’s really debatable. Sure it might’ve been partially because his backup sucked but a lot of the people using that as a reason thought Rondo would take his starting job before the season.

Whiffed on the pick? We’ll agree to disagree there.

Yes he needs to stay healthy, that’s easily my biggest worry regarding his future as a player.

Sure he needs to improve his shooting, as he was doing. The FT shooting is an embarrassment but has very little impact on the game. He missed a total of 39 FTs this year. You’re focusing on the wrong aspects of his game when evaluating him if FT shooting is that high on your list of criteria.

I appreciate the dialog, seriously. I want to believe in Lonzo but I am waiting for him to stay healthy so we can really judge him. Hey, I would love to be proven wrong. I am thankful he seems to be pulling away from his dad, BBB, former manger, etc. all good sign.
Now he needs to hit the gym, get a nutritionist and a strength conditioning trainer and, most importantly, a shooting coach.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

No more air balls, chosen one.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

He is, despite Lavar's best effort to destroy his NBA chances. His physical profile is similar to Lonzo, just his size and skill alone makes him an NBA guy. If he can defend anything like Lonzo? No brainer.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:

Why do people want this to be true so bad?

LaMelo was a top 15 prospect in his HS class on ESPN before he went to Lithuania for his junior year and gets taken off the rankings.

Comes back as the best player on a team that was #2 in Ohio while averaging close to a triple double and gets 19 on espn's list with a 93 overall rating.

Spire doesn't even run Lavar Ball offense, he's doing this in an actual offense while being a 6'7 point guard that can handle the ball and create for himself + others.

You guys can try to fake news him all you want, but he's a legit NBA prospect at this stage, period.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

LaMelo was a top 15 prospect in his HS class on ESPN before he went to Lithuania for his junior year and gets taken off the rankings.

Comes back as the best player on a team that was #2 in Ohio while averaging close to a triple double and gets 19 on espn's list with a 93 overall rating.

Spire doesn't even run Lavar Ball offense, he's doing this in an actual offense while being a 6'7 point guard that can handle the ball and create for himself + others.

You guys can try to fake news him all you want, but he's a legit NBA prospect at this stage, period.

because he has a bad attitude and he's a prick...
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

because he has a bad attitude and he's a prick...

He's a HS teenager with an NBA brother and is famous throughout the country. Most kids I grew up with in that age were pricks regardless so I don't hold it against him. Not everyone grows up as a super mature kid.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1639, 1640, 1641 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1640 of 1688
Jump to: