OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1640, 1641, 1642 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
lol at people considering LaMelo a legit NBA prospect. Kid is a clown that plays clown basketball. Please just stop

Why do people want this to be true so bad?

LaMelo was a top 15 prospect in his HS class on ESPN before he went to Lithuania for his junior year and gets taken off the rankings.

Comes back as the best player on a team that was #2 in Ohio while averaging close to a triple double and gets 19 on espn's list with a 93 overall rating.

Spire doesn't even run Lavar Ball offense, he's doing this in an actual offense while being a 6'7 point guard that can handle the ball and create for himself + others.

You guys can try to fake news him all you want, but he's a legit NBA prospect at this stage, period.

because he has a bad attitude and he's a prick...

He's a HS teenager with an NBA brother and is famous throughout the country. Most kids I grew up with in that age were pricks regardless so I don't hold it against him. Not everyone grows up as a super mature kid.

IF he makes himself uncoachable, he’s in for a terrible career. Hopefully,
he gets his head on straight sooner than latter; tough though with the dad
of his. Lonzo seems to be in a better place, we’ll see.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

People think Lamelo isnt legit? Lol!!!!
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:
lol at people considering LaMelo a legit NBA prospect. Kid is a clown that plays clown basketball. Please just stop

LaMelo was a top 15 prospect in his HS class on ESPN before he went to Lithuania for his junior year and gets taken off the rankings.

Comes back as the best player on a team that was #2 in Ohio while averaging close to a triple double and gets 19 on espn's list with a 93 overall rating.

Spire doesn't even run Lavar Ball offense, he's doing this in an actual offense while being a 6'7 point guard that can handle the ball and create for himself + others.

You guys can try to fake news him all you want, but he's a legit NBA prospect at this stage, period.

because he has a bad attitude and he's a prick...

He's a HS teenager with an NBA brother and is famous throughout the country. Most kids I grew up with in that age were pricks regardless so I don't hold it against him. Not everyone grows up as a super mature kid.

IF he makes himself uncoachable, he’s in for a terrible career. Hopefully,
he gets his head on straight sooner than latter; tough though with the dad
of his. Lonzo seems to be in a better place, we’ll see.

Does no one else watch Ball In The Family? The kid IS coachable. He’s just been tired of being a parade for his dad. All he wanted was to be a normal kid and enjoy his high school experience.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

Just bought me a lonzo Jersey st Tj maxx for $16. Don’t know if he’s working out, working on his game but $16 for a Jersey too good pass up
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:54 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:

Few people take the time to assess him as a player. We just see the Ball family circus. We see Lamelo thrust into the spotlight when he isn't ready for it. We see him going to Lithuania. We see him scoring a bunch of points against a team of kids (I don't remember the exact details). We roll our eyes.

It's hard to get past all of that when we think about Lamelo. I don't have anything against the kid. So he'll play overseas for a year (hopefully not in China), and we'll see what we get. We'll find out how much his development got damaged by the Ball family circus. Just because he's a prospect doesn't mean that he'll ever sniff the NBA, but conversely just because he's part of a circus doesn't mean he can't play.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:
Just bought me a lonzo Jersey st Tj maxx for $16. Don’t know if he’s working out, working on his game but $16 for a Jersey too good pass up

Nice. The Nike one?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/MMoreno1015/status/1120375011875758084

Quote:
Matthew Moreno
@MMoreno1015

Seth Rogen, DeAndre Hopkins, Travis Scott, Pharrell Williams, Lonzo Ball, Don Cheadle, Jimmy Iovine and Paul Rivera are going to be on the May 4 episode of @HBO’s “The Shop.”

C'mon Lebron. Keep Zo.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Guess I'll be watching "The Shop" for the first time then, looking forward to hearing what Zo has to say about the whole trade deadline and BBB fiasco also if he's going to sign with Nike, can't wait
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo @ the Avengers Endgame premiere tonight!

https://www.instagram.com/robliefeld/p/BwlCW5Rhn1y/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=ajnihpwzdb4c
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Without that clown Walton around, Zo's gonna have a breakout year.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:23 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/robliefeld/p/BwlCW5Rhn1y/?utm_source=ig_twitter_share&igshid=ajnihpwzdb4c

Damn, Rob Liefeld ok? If that's just natural weight loss, then credit and I need to hit the gym tonight.

Also, if Rob Liefeld is at the Endgame premiere, how much you wanna bet Deadpool is joining the MCU?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Guess I'll be watching "The Shop" for the first time then, looking forward to hearing what Zo has to say about the whole trade deadline and BBB fiasco also if he's going to sign with Nike, can't wait

Maybe LeBron will get his own line like MJ and Zo be the Melo

LeBronZo Flight
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

Rob (bleep) Liefeld Worst comic artist of all time
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

Damn, Rob Liefeld ok? If that's just natural weight loss, then credit and I need to hit the gym tonight.

Also, if Rob Liefeld is at the Endgame premiere, how much you wanna bet Deadpool is joining the MCU?

I mean Bob Iger already said they'll still be making Deadpool movies.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

The credits teaser is Deadpool. Just confirmed with a source who saw Endgame this afternoon.
SHAQ/KOBE=#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

Trade him in a package for Conley.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:15 am    Post subject:

SHAQ/KOBE=#1 wrote:

$40mil Conley?
SHAQ/KOBE=#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject:

Two years left. $32 and 34 million. Better than 4 years of Jimmy Butler at similar cost. Celtics have better assets for AD.

Conley is underrated.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

I’m not paying Conley that money if I’m the Lakers.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:39 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:

The credits teaser is Deadpool. Just confirmed with a source who saw Endgame this afternoon.

I hate you.
Captain America
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm    Post subject:

AirTupac wrote:
People think Lamelo isnt legit? Lol!!!!

Going to preface this by saying I'm a huge Lonzo fan, the guy is the Truth... But Lamelo has no prayer of making the NBA. Low-IQ, Low-character, plays no defense, can't shoot or score or dribble, very unathletic, not a hard worker, he'd be lucky to play JuCo but obviously he isn't even eligible
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

PayasoLoco wrote:

Except, when he gets traded...
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
SHAQ/KOBE=#1 wrote:

$40mil Conley?

He must really like Mike Conley.
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:12 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

1. ESPN's rankings are the worst in the business. They rank based on popularity and name value.

2. Top-20 recruit doesn't mean someone will be a lottery pick or even a 1st round pick or even drafted. Looking at the 2017 ESPN top-20, 8 of them weren't drafted or were low 2nd round picks without a real future in the NBA.

3. Melo is an awful athlete. At 6'6" he can barely dunk.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
PLATNUM wrote:

1. ESPN's rankings are the worst in the business. They rank based on popularity and name value.

2. Top-20 recruit doesn't mean someone will be a lottery pick or even a 1st round pick or even drafted. Looking at the 2017 ESPN top-20, 8 of them weren't drafted or were low 2nd round picks without a real future in the NBA.

3. Melo is an awful athlete. At 6'6" he can barely dunk.

At the time of those rankings, those 20 were legit NBA prospects. At this time, Lamelo Ball is a clear NBA prospect. Maybe ESPN isn't your cup of tea, how about 24/7 (very legit in HS bussiness) ranking him as the #2 point guard in CA giving him a 5 star (.9915) ranking. Or maybe Rivals.com ranking him as a 5 star prospect may change your mind.

But anyways, as to your dunking comment, maybe you haven't seen him in a while.

Here is a video of his progression, ending with him casually going between the legs in air and dunking duuring pregame:

Here is him calling out a defender and dunking on him in a game where he casually dropped 30/13 against a team that was ranked 10 in their state:

Here is him throwing down multiple impressive dunks in game while getting the W.

Also, he was measured at 6'7 to start his senior year. You guys may not like him, but him not being an NBA prospect is completely fake news.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1640, 1641, 1642 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1641 of 1688
Jump to: