OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
man I really like Zo, but this is also AD we are talking about. Wish Zo could stay but I understand.

yup.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:
If Zo is traded the Pels are going to be must watch TV. The Zo Zion show is going to be nice. On the negative side, when Zo is on Sportcenter highlights every night and eventually develops into an all-star, all the Zo haters here are going to be complaining and saying they knew it was a bad deal.

Develops into an allstar? Dude averages 10/5/5. Shoots 40% from the field and 45% from the free throw line and plays half the season due to injuries.

And with AD, we'd already have a proven all-star and not a guy that were 'hoping' turns into one. Da'aron Fox is much more likely to be an all-star than Lonzo is, as he's the better player.

One of only 4 players in NBA history to average 10/7/7 as a rookie. The others being Magic, Oscar and Ben Simmons. Plus an elite player on the defensive end. Fox's ceiling is lower end all-star, Zo's ceiling is much higher. Injuries are the biggest issue.

If they trade him, fine, I just don't want the haters to get upset and flood the board with complaints when he is on Sportscenter every night.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:
If Zo is traded the Pels are going to be must watch TV. The Zo Zion show is going to be nice. On the negative side, when Zo is on Sportcenter highlights every night and eventually develops into an all-star, all the Zo haters here are going to be complaining and saying they knew it was a bad deal.

Develops into an allstar? Dude averages 10/5/5. Shoots 40% from the field and 45% from the free throw line and plays half the season due to injuries.

And with AD, we'd already have a proven all-star and not a guy that were 'hoping' turns into one. Da'aron Fox is much more likely to be an all-star than Lonzo is, as he's the better player.

One of only 4 players in NBA history to average 10/7/7 as a rookie. The others being Magic, Oscar and Ben Simmons. Plus an elite player on the defensive end. Fox's ceiling is lower end all-star, Zo's ceiling is much higher. Injuries are the biggest issue.

If they trade him, fine, I just don't want the haters to get upset and flood the board with complaints when he is on Sportscenter every night.

Trust me, that wont happen. Lonzo is a scrub, everyone besides Laker fans know and accept this.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

What are some of you guys talking about being able to trade for AD and sign a max but also keeping Zo? How is that even possible? I've always thought since he makes $8 mil he is mandatory in a trade.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Trust me, that wont happen. Lonzo is a scrub, everyone besides Laker fans know and accept this.

You should tell that to other NBA GMs. Apparently, they ask for Lonzo in any and every trade the Lakers propose.

Kinda weird, right?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

So you're saying he's untradeable and has no value. Makes sense.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

You should tell that to other NBA GMs. Apparently, they ask for Lonzo in any and every trade the Lakers propose.

Kinda weird, right?

Those are what the sources say, none of which can actually be validated with any type of evidence.

Last edited by al242 on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:33 am; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

I think Lonzo at his peak will functionally be a guard version of Draymond Green. That's a good player to have.

I don't think he'll ever average over 18ppg, but he will fill up rebounds/assists.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Kinda weird, right?

Those are what the sources say, none of which can actually be validated with any type of evidence.
Why would anyone want him in a trade if what you said is true? Is that why Demps rejected the trade package, because the Lakers tried to sneak a scrub into it?
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
al242 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Kinda weird, right?

Why would anyone want him in a trade if what you said is true? Is that why Demps rejected the trade package, because the Lakers tried to sneak a scrub into it?

You're making a lot of assumptions here. What evidence do you have that confirms Demps wanted him, you are regurgitating unsubstantiated nonsense.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
al242 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Kinda weird, right?

Exactly. Very twisted logic suggest Lonzo is both desirable and a scrub. Guess it's just that time of the year...
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Lonzo at his peak will functionally be a guard version of Draymond Green. That's a good player to have.

I don't think he'll ever average over 18ppg, but he will fill up rebounds/assists.

He will be a 1st team all defensive player too. Elite size and anticipation at his position.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

He will be a 1st team all defensive player too. Elite size and anticipation at his position.

Possibly. But missing 30+ games his first two years, his FT woes, shooting mechanics...he'll be a major work in progress that will need time.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

5th year Zo could be a top 12 player in the league
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Kinda weird, right?

Where's your evidence that "everyone besides Laker fans know and accept" that Lonzo is a scrub?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
al242 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Kinda weird, right?

You're making a lot of assumptions here. What evidence do you have that confirms Demps wanted him, you are regurgitating unsubstantiated nonsense.
I'm presenting the same evidence/nonsense you did that everyone considers him a scrub except Lakers fans.

This conversation can only erode intelligent thinking, so I'm done. Be careful what you say because it can and will be used against you.

Last edited by lakersboy on Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:01 am; edited 3 times in total
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:52 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
al242 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
al242 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Kinda weird, right?

Maybe all of the reports that Gentry loves Lonzo...the same Gentry, who coached Nash (with MDA), one of the best passers in NBA History and Draymond, a current great glue guy, passer and defender. Maybe Gentry sees Lonzo as the key to unlocking NOP's offensive potential?

Watch this starting at around the 2:50 mark.

https://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/teams/pelicans/2017/10/23/1689720/1508719147255-20171022gentrypregame-1689720

But you're gonna say "what did you expect him to say"?

Well, when the NOP beat writers go on to report that Gentry loves Lonzo And NOP wants Lonzo in every trade scenario And NOP backs away from ALL trade discussion with the Lakers when LaVar says Lonzo doesn't want to play for NOP?

Still not enough?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:54 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Not sure about that. He's got a LOT to work out offensively.

Defensively, I can see top 12 impact. Both accounting for both sides, top 12 overall I can't see it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Defensively, I can see top 12 impact. Both accounting for both sides, top 12 overall I can't see it.

Peak Draymond would be a top 12 player right now. He’d be better than Westbrook and much better than last regular season’s Jimmy Butler. I think both those guys peaked 2 seasons ago. Westbrook is so often detrimental; and Butler wasn’t a good defender this season
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Peak Draymond would be a top 12 player right now. He’d be better than Westbrook and much better than last regular season’s Jimmy Butler. I think both those guys peaked 2 seasons ago. Westbrook is so often detrimental; and Butler wasn’t a good defender this season

I think the Lakers are trading a current top 10 player for someone who maybe in 5-6 years may be a top 20-25 player.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I think that will depend on his shooting.

If he continues to be a great perimeter defender and increase his 3pt shooting to 38-40% while adding 7apg and 7rpg?

Hard to argue against that being anything outside of the top 15 players in the NBA.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:01 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I think the Lakers are trading a current top 10 player for someone who maybe in 5-6 years may be a top 20-25 player.

Ok. Then you don’t think he’s going to be Draymond.. and his 3ball projects to be respectable
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

If he hits close to his ceiling he’s top 15 ish. A top 5 defensive player, an offensive engine, and a respectable 35% 3pt shooter on good volume. This is why Givony for draftexpress said he’d prefer him to Simmons during Lonzo’s draft. Similar players but one will be a respectable shooter
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Ok. Then you don’t think he’s going to be Draymond.. and his 3ball projects to be respectable

Draymond functionality. I do have questions about his durability and shooting though. Could he be a top 15? Maybe. But he's got a long way to go there.
george w kush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
george w kush wrote:
OCWA wrote:

Averaged 10/7/7? He also shot 35/30/40. Not only that but his points/rebounds/assist went down last year while Fox's went up, but Lonzo's ceiling is much higher? The is a league that has trended towards shooting, and Lonzo can't shoot while Fox can.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1659, 1660, 1661 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1660 of 1688
Jump to: