OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject:

So according to Bres the Lakers plan on leaving Lonzo's shot alone unless either he or them don't like how it working at the end of his first season or so.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
No. 1 thing I want him working on are his handles. The more advanced he can get them, the better.

He never had to hold on to it long to do anything fancy because he always made quick decisions and got the ball out. I think he's game is more about effectiveness and efficiency than flash.

He passes guys open, makes quick decisions and has great spatial awareness, but I think adding more ability to collapse the D with the handle is going to be big. It will give him even more opportunity to set guys up above and beyond what he's already doing. Teams are going to switch on him and there will be times that he can't settle against that mismatch, but will need to break that big down on a switch in a couple seconds. Once he can do that with his handle, help defenders will have to gravitate more to him. That gravity, pulling more defenders to him just another step or two, will open up a ton more opportunities with his passing game and will free his game up more with how they are going to scout/play him.

I think a better question is - to your point - can anyone here list the last superstar level player who couldn't break down a defense off the dribble and get his own shot in/near the paint?

D'Angelo Russell
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:41 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report
Per source, the #Lakers would pass on Lonzo Ball if #nbadraft was today. Team isn't convinced he's a star and remains concerned about LaVar.

Remember this ****?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
No. 1 thing I want him working on are his handles. The more advanced he can get them, the better.

He never had to hold on to it long to do anything fancy because he always made quick decisions and got the ball out. I think he's game is more about effectiveness and efficiency than flash.

He passes guys open, makes quick decisions and has great spatial awareness, but I think adding more ability to collapse the D with the handle is going to be big. It will give him even more opportunity to set guys up above and beyond what he's already doing. Teams are going to switch on him and there will be times that he can't settle against that mismatch, but will need to break that big down on a switch in a couple seconds. Once he can do that with his handle, help defenders will have to gravitate more to him. That gravity, pulling more defenders to him just another step or two, will open up a ton more opportunities with his passing game and will free his game up more with how they are going to scout/play him.

I think a better question is - to your point - can anyone here list the last superstar level player who couldn't break down a defense off the dribble and get his own shot in/near the paint?

D'Angelo Russell

If only LS didnt qualify it with "super star" you might have been right
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
Jordan Schultz @Schultz_Report
Per source, the #Lakers would pass on Lonzo Ball if #nbadraft was today. Team isn't convinced he's a star and remains concerned about LaVar.

Remember this ****?

Click bait. Next time I see his report im ignoring it.
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 pm    Post subject:

has anyone purchased a $50 BBB shirt yet? how is the quality and sizing? i am fairly skinny and tall (6'4" 190. 34 waist and 40 suit size). should i get medium or large?

and is the quality of the shirt actually good? comparable to a $20 nike shirt?
Mr. Blonde
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
has anyone purchased a $50 BBB shirt yet? how is the quality and sizing? i am fairly skinny and tall (6'4" 190. 34 waist and 40 suit size). should i get medium or large?

Nike shirts are $20 in what world?
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
So according to Bres the Lakers plan on leaving Lonzo's shot alone unless either he or them don't like how it working at the end of his first season or so.

Don't even know why he should change it...yeah its unorthodox but thats what got him into the NBA. Theres a couple other things he could improve that would take priority over that anyways.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

Mr. Blonde wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Ebay. Always get great deals on shirts.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:06 pm    Post subject:

THAT

is this...sans x-over.

Second pass, bing! rite out of hands. That's the eye, Laker lads and lasses. Snap recognition. 1 or more steps ahead of the pace. May be only one example, but still, that kind of stuff isn't simply had by PGs of that caliber for no reason.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

D'Angelo Russell

If only LS didnt qualify it with "super star" you might have been right

This strange old man gave me a gag Sports Almanac the other day that had some stat lines for players in the 2020-2030 NBA All-Star teams. I knew it must've been a gag because there's no way D'Angelo Russell (and strangely, Emmanuel Mudiay) could ever be that good.

What's even sillier, is that it says the Dolphins somehow win the 2021 Super Bowl. Silly stuff.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Mr. Blonde wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

Ebay. Always get great deals on shirts.

One day, you landed a nice looking Nike t-shirt on eBay. Next day, package arrives with a shirt that says Noke.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject:

Now that we picked him I can officially say he was obviously the best player in the draft and I wanted him all along and blablabla
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject:

@Kimmel
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:22 am    Post subject:

Skip loves Lonzo.
dimes_n_treys
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
I feel like we not only got the actual number one pick, but a guy I'd match up against other number one picks. I think this kid has "it"

I agree on this. He made UCLA games must-see TV for me. I just hope we can get some shooting around him.

I agree completely with both these statements. I believe that Lonzo has that it factor that cannot be explained or represented in numbers. Only time will tell but I feel that Lonzo truly is the perfect pick for us and will end up being the best overall player from this talented class. He will be a leader for us and will make everyone around him better. Having a playmaker is crucial to the team success these days and I am very excited to see Lonzo will the rest of our guys and how Luke brings it all together. Very excited for the season!

btw.. can't wait to play the 76ers and shut up those clowns already taking smack!

Last edited by dimes_n_treys on Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject:

Very small glimpses - but his 3ball really looked effortless in the workout clip online, and the other clips on TWCSN.. He might be an elite pull-up 3 shooter...
Don't know why that aspect/upside isn't talked about more.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Very small glimpses - but his 3ball really looked effortless in the workout clip online, and the other clips on TWCSN.. He might be an elite pull-up 3 shooter...

I saw it in him.

He can easily be a catch and shoot off the screen guy on half court.

Ala Klay.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:11 am    Post subject:

Good luck mister Ball. Now its time play BALL.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I saw it in him.

He can easily be a catch and shoot off the screen guy on half court.

Ala Klay.

Maybe something in that vein as well.. not to that level but he could be a great shooter
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 2:22 am    Post subject:

just that shot... so ugly

But if I see it go in a few times at summer league, Ill get over it
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:08 am    Post subject:

His shot looks weird, but if can keep making them at NBA level I'm sure nobody is going to complain about that. I find it easier to get used to a weird stroke than to weird results
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:27 am    Post subject:

His shot looks kind of like Kevin Martin's. Seemed to work for that guy pretty well.
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:33 am    Post subject:

Ecstatic we got our man. Nothing else matters i think hes our cornerstone. We got our Magic and we got our Worthy (BI)

I think Ainge and Colangelo just passed up the best player in the draft. Fultz's game looks pretty but between the lethargic demeanour and that losing record just too many red flags.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 218, 219, 220 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 219 of 1688
Jump to: