OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 229, 230, 231 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Ok guys I found my new avatar.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8738285/lozno_heyman.png

Lavar: MY NAME...IS LAVAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR BALL! AND I'M HERE WITH MY CLIENT, SON, THE UNSTOPPABLE BEAST...LOONNNNNNNNNNNNZOOOOOOOOOOO....BAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject:

BBB is starting to look genius right about now

If Lonzo brings the lakers back to relevance it's over. Nike gonna be ok the phone offering zo a billion 😂 But Lavar will have raised the price to 5 billion 😂
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

The shoe doesn't look bad. And there are a lot of Laker fans out there with the means to actually pay that price, especially if Lonzo blows up. It'll make the amount Nike offered him initially look like they were trying to rip him off.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDCKitGUwAE7U0v.jpg:large

It feels so right fam.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo seems like an assassin.

Big Baller Mamba
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
The shoe doesn't look bad. And there are a lot of Laker fans out there with the means to actually pay that price, especially if Lonzo blows up. It'll make the amount Nike offered him initially look like they were trying to rip him off.

I'm buying a pair for sure. I will wait to see more options though and some gear too for sure.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject:

The guy must be exhausted. He is at Dodger Stadium tonight throwing out the first ball.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SInow/status/878441531618856960/video/1

Thank goodness we didn't draft JJ ;p

socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject:

Skip Bayless reaction to Lakers picking Lonzo draft night. Wow I never knew he was such a Laker fan

CerseiLannister
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDCKitGUwAE7U0v.jpg:large

It feels so right fam.

Is he ditching the undershirt?
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The guy must be exhausted. He is at Dodger Stadium tonight throwing out the first ball.

And it actually made it to home plate too!
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Between the workout vid posted on youtube, and the clips on TWCSN - I'm buying Lonzo's jumper and pull-up jumper hard. Looks extremely effortless, 3s off the dribble in P/R drills - and he had the range in college. Kid could be a star
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Skip Bayless reaction to Lakers picking Lonzo draft night. Wow I never knew he was such a Laker fan

Why do you think he relished in LeBron's misery so much?

"Like a good neighbor, State Farm is there, with a clutch gene!"

Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject:

Magic really putting a ton of pressure on lonzo
Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/SInow/status/878441531618856960/video/1

Thank goodness we didn't draft JJ ;p

LOL 😂. What kind of athlete throws a ball like that.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:40 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Ok guys I found my new avatar.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/8738285/lozno_heyman.png

Lavar: MY NAME...IS LAVAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR BALL! AND I'M HERE WITH MY CLIENT, SON, THE UNSTOPPABLE BEAST...LOONNNNNNNNNNNNZOOOOOOOOOOO....BAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLL!

My brother said that LaVar is the NBA Paul Heyman before.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:49 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
epak wrote:
socalsp3 wrote:
For these guys with big hands throwing a baseball is like trying to throw a ping pong ball.

I'm great at throwing a ping pong ball.

You got trump size hands

That's low!

You know what they say!!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:54 pm    Post subject:

By that press conference today, one would think that Ball was a superstar in this league who decided to join the lakers. They (Magic) talk about how he is going to lead the team on both sides of the ball and is the face of the franchise from day one. It's all pretty ridiculous. I'm less concerned about Lonzo folding under the pressure, but this getting to his head and his teammates resenting him for it.

I'm all for a rookie becoming a leader, but you can't just walk in on day one and expect your teammates to follow you just because you (or Magic) say so. He needs to earn his teammates' respect, and make it clear that he isn't Magic, his dad or anyone else, that his loyalty is to them and everything else off the court is just noise for them to ignore.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
By that press conference today, one would think that Ball was a superstar in this league who decided to join the lakers. They (Magic) talk about how he is going to lead the team on both sides of the ball and is the face of the franchise from day one. It's all pretty ridiculous. I'm less concerned about Lonzo folding under the pressure, but this getting to his head and his teammates resenting him for it.

I'm all for a rookie becoming a leader, but you can't just walk in on day one and expect your teammates to follow you just because you (or Magic) say so. He needs to earn his teammates' respect, and make it clear that he isn't Magic, his dad or anyone else, that his loyalty is to them and everything else off the court is just noise for them to ignore.

I didn't watch it, but did it seem like it could possibly be a kind of over-compensating for the PG13 deal not going as expected?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Maybe Magic is just a big fan of Lavar Ball's work and is trying to outdo him
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I didn't watch it, but did it seem like it could possibly be a kind of over-compensating for the PG13 deal not going as expected?

I felt it was overcompensating for finally drafting a kid they really like . like "Oh Dlo's out of here.....we finally got a true high pick that's great!"..High picks have to be stars!

Magic in interviews after the lottery: "There's 4 or 5 franchise changing players in this draft" "The next Lakers legend is in this draft"

Dude is just delusional and a horrible talent evaluator.

That said, I got Lonzo as a multiple time allstar for sure
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:06 am    Post subject:

I don't think it was overcompensating for the PG13 situation, but Magic trying to sell the press and, more importantly, sell himself to the press/public. Its clear Magic wants all the attention on him as much as possible. Didn't realize how desperate for the spotlight he was until today. It's quite obvious the more he talks. He was everywhere. Wouldn't even let David Nwaba have a moment for himself (who had an awkward what should I say or not say moment once Magic butted in).

As for Pelinka, not like he did anything to stop the hyperbole. While he was no where to be seen today, of course, Luke is the only one who is taking a measured approach... he knows that if Ball fails these lofty expectations, it all comes back to him.

You also got the feeling Nwaba, Zubac and Nance were there because they were asked to be just so there would be a few Laker reps around to support the new kid. That goes to my point that the rest of the team may not be so easily converted - not because they weren't there, but because even the three nicest guys on the team seemed a little out of place being there.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost

Last edited by LakerSanity on Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:08 am    Post subject:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm still in a state of worry about the "plan".
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:41 am    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:

Agreed, I thought Magic laid it on way too thick. I suppose he can't help himself. He's basically a Lakers fan that get's to run the team. There probably isn't a lot of forethought into what he say's.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 2:46 am    Post subject:

Magic's job is to exude confidence, he is literally and figuratively the true face of the lakers. Although im still mad at him for what he did with dlo, I know he is no fool, he is playing his part in turning around our reputation throughout the league and I respect that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 229, 230, 231 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 230 of 1688
Jump to: