OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 397, 398, 399 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
epak wrote:
socalfan2708 wrote:
epak wrote:
100% of Lakers season tickets renewed

Are they not letting any new people buy season tickets? Is there a wait list?

There's always a wait list:
http://www.nba.com/lakers/tickets/stmwaitinglist/

PM me brotha...my fam just got 2...I'm sure I can let you get a couple of games on a buy in. We're in the lower bowl.

Or try connecting with an existing season ticket holder...they get 1st dibs on adding seats to their packages so you can bypass the WL.

Either way.

Good looking out!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Totally random question for you guys. Is there ANY player in the league you would trade Ball straight up for? Disregard cba rules, just curious.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Totally random question for you guys. Is there ANY player in the league you would trade Ball straight up for? Disregard cba rules, just curious.

KD
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:30 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Right now, KAT, Giannis, AD

That's before a single game in the NBA. If after even just 5 games in it's starting to look like he really is going to be what we think he is, then literally nobody.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That's before a single game in the NBA. If after even just 5 games in it's starting to look like he really is going to be what we think he is, then literally nobody.

Interesting picks. Was just curious. Was discussing this with some coworkers today. AD for sure for me if he didn't have such a poor injury history.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:35 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

I'm gonna make an actual list:

KD
Steph
KAT
Giannis
Kawhi
Harden

That's it. No one else. If LeBron had one more year on his deal I'd do it.

Edit: I just took off AD because of injury concerns.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'm gonna make an actual list:

KD
Steph
KAT
Giannis
Kawhi
Harden

That's it. No one else. If LeBron had one more year on his deal I'd do it.

Edit: I just took off AD because of injury concerns.

I like your list sans Harden. Hate that guy! Haha.

Will be interesting to see how this changes, if at all, after the season.
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

I don't think KAT is worthy of being on this kind of list yet.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Well assuming GSW is steamrolling the next 3-4 years, its better to try to hang on to youth. Ball should be untouchable for any vet 25+ yrs old including Lebron. Maybe Giannis is equal value about now.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

KAT just put up 25/12.3/2.7 in his second year in the league while shooting 36.7% from 3 as a center. Damn straight he is
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Don Draper wrote:

Untouchable if applied to BI is 10000% applied to KAT.

Just a fun thought... Lonzo/Towns would be the most insane tandem. Throw in BI, and that is a future dynasty.
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject:

10 years ago, I'd say KAT and AD... but I think the game is moving away from those guys (i.e. big men) making them less valuable despite their potential hall of fame talents. I wouldn't trade either Ingram or Ball for either of those guys.

However, Giannis will be the best player in the game in 2-3 years (if not sooner). I'd trade Ingram or Ball for him (maybe both), and keep in mind that I think both Ball and Ingram have superstar potential - heck, as stated above, I wouldn't trade either for those players. Giannis may have a 7-10 year Lebron-like run coming up.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

KAT just put up 25/12.3/2.7 in his second year in the league while shooting 36.7% from 3 as a center. Damn straight he is

Nah. I get that he's a great player, but compared to the other guys on your list, he has yet to be on a winning team. Given Lonzo's potential there's no way I'd trade him straight up for anything less than a proven winner like Steph, KD, or Kawhi, and then only if we were in WIN NOW DESPERATION mode.

Now I'll eat crow if Lonzo ends up being only a fringe all-star, but don't be surprised if he ends up above guys like KAT on the all-time list.

Last edited by Don Draper on Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
10 years ago, I'd say KAT and AD... but I think the game is moving away from those guys (i.e. big men) making them less valuable despite their potential hall of fame talents. I wouldn't trade either Ingram or Ball for either of those guys.

However, Giannis will be the best player in the game in 2-3 years (if not sooner). I'd trade Ingram or Ball for him (maybe both), and keep in mind that I think both Ball and Ingram have superstar potential - heck, as stated above, I wouldn't trade either for those players. Giannis may have a 7-10 year Lebron-like run coming up.

Now Giannis I'd have to consider given his age, tremendous growth as a player, and unique skillset. I wouldn't pull any trigger though until I see Lonzo and Ingram play this year. Not that the Bucks would be dumb enough to offer the guy up now though.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:10 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
awntawn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Interesting picks. Was just curious. Was discussing this with some coworkers today. AD for sure for me if he didn't have such a poor injury history.

Honestly, I think Lonzo has the potential to, statistical production aside, actually impact the outcome of games more than any of those guys on that list. However, it's still not guaranteed that he'll live up to his potential in actual NBA games. That's why I said if he looks the part in just a handful of games, I'd easily reduce the list to 0. Until then, I'm looking at guys who are likely to be the next "best player in the league" after the GSW/Lebron era ends.

Lonzo himself even at the height of his potential might not end up being "that guy", but he just might be the best #2 option in the league that "that guy" would want to come play with.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

No, and this is predicated on one idea.

That he increases transition % volume and makes the Lakers elite in the league for that.

The rest of the stars of the NBA, for the most part, maximize efficiency out of possessions.

But, finding a guy that gets you MORE transition possessions where everyone benefits? Like, he's a one man GSW team.

Also, rookie scale contract vs MAX contract guys. Want to find the guy that can make Durant even more efficient? He's a Laker.

As for Giannis, I get that he bends a defense, but he's still a wing that lacks a jumpshot. In fact, his last playoffs he looked DOMINANT because he actually shot 40% to 45% from mid out to 3pt line, except those shots aren't catch and shoot either. They're ball stopped pull ups off the dribble with defenders daring him to shoot.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.

Last edited by Mike@LG on Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHqeyHNjX-z/

Lonzo's passing is so accurate he can score by passing

If he took that shot today, everyone would complain about him being a ball hog!!
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
awntawn wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

as much as we all love AD. even when he was healthy, how far was his team going with just him on the team? That should tell you his impact. now we dont know for sure what zo's impact will be in the REAL NBA. but if its anything like it has been at UCLA and in the Summer league. I might not trade zo for anyone in the nba...right now.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:

Lonzo himself even at the height of his potential might not end up being "that guy", but he just might be the best #2 option in the league that "that guy" would want to come play with.

This is what I think Lonzo will ultimately become.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
awntawn wrote:

This is what I think Lonzo will ultimately become.

I'd actually prefer this. I want him to be able to orchestrate for others, while having a top dog to keep the defense from solely focusing on him.

Whom would I trade him for at this point? Not in any order but:
1. KAT
2. KD
3. Leonard
4. George
5. Giannis
That's it. The rest, because of concerns like age and injury concerns, didn't make it. That list may completely disappear after his first year. Seriously.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

KAT's defense is pretty poor though at this time. It will be interesting to see if his D improves now that they have gotten some better defenders on the perimeter.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

That he increases transition % volume and makes the Lakers elite in the league for that.

The rest of the stars of the NBA, for the most part, maximize efficiency out of possessions.

But, finding a guy that gets you MORE transition possessions where everyone benefits? Like, he's a one man GSW team.

Also, rookie scale contract vs MAX contract guys. Want to find the guy that can make Durant even more efficient? He's a Laker.

As for Giannis, I get that he bends a defense, but he's still a wing that lacks a jumpshot. In fact, his last playoffs he looked DOMINANT because he actually shot 40% to 45% from mid out to 3pt line, except those shots aren't catch and shoot either. They're ball stopped pull ups off the dribble with defenders daring him to shoot.

Are you happier with our current situation, blue chips with possibility of adding 2 max but has to remove Deng Vs if somehow we had succeeded in trading for both PG and Kyrie (at the expense of Ball, BI, JC, Randle), same DLO bkn trade so still has to clear Deng/fill up team/convince PG to stay?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:11 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Are you happier with our current situation, blue chips with possibility of adding 2 max but has to remove Deng Vs if somehow we had succeeded in trading for both PG and Kyrie (at the expense of Ball, BI, JC, Randle), same DLO bkn trade so still has to clear Deng/fill up team/convince PG to stay?

I'd much rather be in our current situation than have traded for PG and Irving, especially when you consider we may end up with two maxes in 2018 anyways.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
governator wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I'd much rather be in our current situation than have traded for PG and Irving, especially when you consider we may end up with two maxes in 2018 anyways.

I'm happy too. Just playing devil's advocate, having a 25yr Kyrie and 28yr old PG now with open rosters next summer are not a bad position neither
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't trade Zo for KAT. It's pretty obvious that KAT is good but clearly not franchise changing good. That could easily change if he ever figures things out on the defensive end though. I expected his defense to be ahead of his offense coming in to the NBA but that wasn't the case . Until then I wouldn't trade Zo for him.

Zo is a game changer from day 1.

Also, he's one of a kind in the NBA right now. He seems to be very close to figuring out a balance between getting his own and setting the stage for others....that's scary. I thought he was the best player in the draft and that was before I knew he could get his own as consistently as he showed in summer league.

The thing about lonzo's playstyle is that after he gives the ball up, it won't be coming back to him very often (typically a good look will be found after 2 passes. Can't really blame others on the court for not having his level of IQ and vision). So, the fact that he's showing the potential to get his own is huge, it means that he can get his self going so he stays in rhythm throughout the game.

Having magic around is Gonna speed that process is big time cuz magic already knows the correct balance. I think he had a season where he averages 25 points and 12 assist back in the 80's and that's without a jumper as good as Zo's.

My projection for him just went up to 15ppg and 8 assist (rookie)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 397, 398, 399 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 398 of 1688
Jump to: