OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 420, 421, 422 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:22 pm    Post subject:

If Ball puts up these #'s:

14pts 45% 35%
9 ast
7 rebs
3 rpm

I think the Lakers will make the playoffs with the current team built. After watching summer league I'm hopefully this is what will happen.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo weighs close to 200 pounds now according to LaVar

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/08/21/los-angeles-lakers-lonzo-ball-adding-weight-according-father/
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/08/21/los-angeles-lakers-lonzo-ball-adding-weight-according-father/

Hopefully lean weight
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Hopefully lean weight

doubtful.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if this is Lonzo working away from the new facility, because much as we've seen the kids working out at the facility I haven't seen much of Lonzo there, part of me is thinking he's mostly at home preparing there, putting on the weight and working the weights there with his brothers.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I wonder if this is Lonzo working away from the new facility, because much as we've seen the kids working out at the facility I haven't seen much of Lonzo there, part of me is thinking he's mostly at home preparing there, putting on the weight and working the weights there with his brothers.

Lonzo was on vacation when the facility first opened. We haven't seen much of anything from the inside since.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:29 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

stop it brosif!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:19 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

stop it brosif!

I really haven't. He went to Hawaii and worked there, but I haven't seen much of him at the new facility. He could always be working out there and we just don't see it. But I do get the feeling he's working out a lot at home in Chino Hills with his family more so than the new facility. Can only be a guess though, just a feeling I have.

And if he is, there's nothing wrong with that either.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

stop it brosif!

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:07 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

stop it brosif!

I really haven't. He went to Hawaii and worked there, but I haven't seen much of him at the new facility. He could always be working out there and we just don't see it. But I do get the feeling he's working out a lot at home in Chino Hills with his family more so than the new facility. Can only be a guess though, just a feeling I have.

My gut feeling has really been the opposite.. I think the Lakers want him out from that makeshift garage-home training, and concrete crap. Get him in an elite workout space. And that's why I think he's putting on the muscle/lbs now. I think he was doing mostly home strength training while at UCLA - but now we're seeing gains because he's in a legit spot. Saw some muscle gainz in an interview a week or two ago, think that's from a change in regimen, not home-training anymore
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:22 am    Post subject:

https://www.nba.com/amp/league/2017-18-nba-rookie-survey

39 rookies surveyed. Dennis Smith, Jr. got most votes for ROY. Lonzo #2, Kuzma tied with few at #4.

Best career? Lonzo and Tatum tied.
JuliusRandall
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://www.nba.com/amp/league/2017-18-nba-rookie-survey

Kuzma tied with few at #4.

A surprise to be sure, but a welcome one.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:02 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Megaton wrote:
pio2u wrote:
MJST wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
MJST wrote:
Lonzo looks about a good 2 inches or more taller than Hart.saw it predicted that Lonzo will be 6'8 and 220-230 pounds in his prime.

That's not a bad guess. At the 1 he'd be terror to have to deal with.

His father and brother closest in age are built. He's pretty thin but I do wonder if he won't get a lot stronger in the next 3-4 years.

Have you seen Liangelo these days? He's lost so much weight getting in shape he looks like a different guy.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXW8nrQAj_n/?hl

That's Liangelo at the far end.

Look at 1:05.. the guy with the camera is Liangelo. Did you recognize him?

0:46 seconds that's also Liangelo shooting.

Kid's had a Marc Gasol transformation in the last few months.

Gelo got game too!

(UCLA is loaded)

LiAngelo gonna surprise people and be an NBA player.

....who ends up being drafted by the Lakers.

Speak it into existence
middle ball can shoot like crazy and can score like crazy. defense is suspect as all hell but hey. this is a shooters league now. a guy that is nba height and stays in great shape with a mean jumper can get into the nba and sit at the edge of someones pine as long as he gets along with players and the staff. He's not a big mouth type of guy either. So he could easily mesh with any players and coaches. Lakers mess around and have him on a summer league roster next year and pick him up like that. dont think it wont happen if some nba team doesnt snatch him up. I bet some team will, even if he doesnt get any nba burn. everyone watches what the lakers do. so they are afraid wait..if the lakers like him he must be good.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
MJST wrote:

stop it brosif!

My gut feeling has really been the opposite.. I think the Lakers want him out from that makeshift garage-home training, and concrete crap. Get him in an elite workout space. And that's why I think he's putting on the muscle/lbs now. I think he was doing mostly home strength training while at UCLA - but now we're seeing gains because he's in a legit spot. Saw some muscle gainz in an interview a week or two ago, think that's from a change in regimen, not home-training anymore
No you're seeing gains because he's getting older. the older you get the more weight you can put on and actually keep on. In addition, once you're a professional the nutrition info you receive is top notch if you stick to it.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:

14pts 45% 35%
9 ast
7 rebs
3 rpm

I think the Lakers will make the playoffs with the current team built. After watching summer league I'm hopefully this is what will happen.
If that funny looking 3 ball starts popping like it did for him in college(when he was shooting nba ranged 3's) Then I can easily see those numbers or better. the court will be spread.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

14pts 45% 35%
9 ast
7 rebs
3 rpm

If that funny looking 3 ball starts popping like it did for him in college(when he was shooting nba ranged 3's) Then I can easily see those numbers or better. the court will be spread.

I can see him averaging 1.5 steals per also.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject:

How good will the younger LaMelo be?

Watching some of his games, he looks more like Steph Curry in terms of handles and shooting.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

Rookie survey:
The 2017 Draft class picks favorites for Kia Rookie of the Year, best defender and more
Quote:
NBA.com sat down with 39 rookies at the annual Rookie Photo Shoot at the Knicks' practice facility earlier this month. They answered seven questions about their class, as well as a few about the current player they most admire and what they're expecting as they make the jump to the NBA.

http://www.nba.com/2017-18-nba-rookie-survey
gooner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Kuzma in there a couple times.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

I was watching magic's favorite person, Peter Vecsey, make his media rounds about the PG13 story and he had me laughing at one of his theories regarding Lonzo.

He says Magic colluded with LaVar to put on this act in order to scare other teams away and force Lonzo to the lakers. He went to say how LaVar has toned it down after Lonzo got drafted by the lakers
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
I was watching magic's favorite person, Peter Vecsey, make his media rounds about the PG13 story and he had me laughing at one of his theories regarding Lonzo.

He says Magic colluded with LaVar to put on this act in order to scare other teams away and force Lonzo to the lakers. He went to say how LaVar has toned it down after Lonzo got drafted by the lakers

Lavar is still an ass last I checked.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Lavar is still an ass last I checked.

I guess he missed his tantrum about the female ref in Vegas.

But actually that would be a pretty genius move from someone "dumber than stump".
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:35 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

14pts 45% 35%
9 ast
7 rebs
3 rpm

I remember reading he only shot something like 30% from nba distance 3 though. That, and his sub-par free throw %, have me a bit concerned about his shooting at the next level.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Just so you guys know, I recall someone mentioning (not sure who) that Ball gets better game by game, he got better from HS to College even though the level of competition was greater so if we go with that notion his Summer league stats won't mean squat and he will put up even greater numbers.

That's essentially why people think he can make a great impact right away.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Lucky_Shot wrote:

14pts 45% 35%
9 ast
7 rebs
3 rpm

I remember reading he only shot something like 30% from nba distance 3 though. That, and his sub-par free throw %, have me a bit concerned about his shooting at the next level.

He was par at the FT in SL. Shot around 74% I believe with good form. The 3 will come. Even Steph and KD struggled in SL shooting threes, getting used to the different ball. He has that shooter mentality. Not afraid to shoot even when hes 0 fer whatever. That confidence is the most important part I think.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 420, 421, 422 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 421 of 1688
Jump to: