OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 422, 423, 424 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

A 19 year old with a poised and humble personality and the way he handles himself he's like a vet right now, dude understands the game more then handful of NBA players right now.

He has a 19 year old body.

He hasn't faced the full grind of a season, the road travels, the temptations on the road, etc.

He's just a kid.

A really good talented kid and I'm glad he's ours
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

A 19 year old with a poised and humble personality and the way he handles himself he's like a vet right now, dude understands the game more then handful of NBA players right now.

He hasn't faced the full grind of a season, the road travels, the temptations on the road, etc.

He's just a kid.

Agree, let's allow these young men to grow up.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:24 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

He's just a kid.

And he is only a month younger than Ingram, the future is bright!

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
kevin61
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject:

He'll be good and we'll know it pretty quick. They'll be bad shooting nights, but he'll always make his teammates better. Lonzo will be a great NBA player, it's only a matter of how soon.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
1ngr4m wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LaVar thinks he's already better then Curry, now if that isn't setting the bar high I don't know what is, he also probably thinks he's better then LeBron which he did allude to when he was interviewed by Chris Broussard....

He needs to deliver from day 1 or he's gonna hear it.

wow, that's insane

19 year old Lebron wasn't even close to current Lebron or Curry.

His dad is a idiot, this is why I'm kinda worried that there is gonna be a lot of melt downs if he doesn't deliver like his crazy dad is predicting.

My man, I gotta say it, but Brawn's dad wasn't in his life (nice way of putting it since he may become a Laker) and he did well enough. Jalen Rose, plenty of examples throughout sports. Zo had the stability and presence and guidance that Lavar has given him and his sibs, and a nuclear family in nice little Chino Hills. If it were Chino proper, I'd be more concerned. That's definitely not gonna hurt him. Yes, his dad is gonna say some kray stuff, I agree, but I keep reminding myself that the kid himself is rock solid. That scene where Hart pointed at a camera and Zo looked at it and pulled his face away like it was Medusa's severed head in Clash Of The Titans was as refreshing as a golden shower on a cold night.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 3:25 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

I don't like to make excuses for players. If he left college and was taken 2nd he should deliver and he did in summer league.

Of course every young player struggles until they figure out the pro game and have the body ready to go against grow man, but a real talent with the proper work ethic is going to deliver.

Ingram don't have Ball natural skillset and kept getting better, this is what I expect from players taken high, to keep working hard and showing improvement all season long.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:09 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

I don't like to make excuses for players. If he left college and was taken 2nd he should deliver and he did in summer league.

Of course every young player struggles until they figure out the pro game and have the body ready to go against grow man, but a real talent with the proper work ethic is going to deliver.

Ingram don't have Ball natural skillset and kept getting better, this is what I expect from players taken high, to keep working hard and showing improvement all season long.

How many 19 year old point guards, in the past 4-5 drafts have done so? Not many, probably none.

The point guard position is filled with physically and skill-dominant players. It takes them years to get where they need to. Lakers obviously didn't have patience with DLO; I hope they approach Lonzo with patience.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

How many 19 year old point guards, in the past 4-5 drafts have done so? Not many, probably none.

The point guard position is filled with physically and skill-dominant players. It takes them years to get where they need to. Lakers obviously didn't have patience with DLO; I hope they approach Lonzo with patience.

We'll see, fans crucified 19 yr old Dlo and protected 19 yr olf BI so it can go either way
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:46 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

We'll see, fans crucified 19 yr old Dlo and protected 19 yr olf BI so it can go either way

BI had little expectation heaped on him; Lonzo doesn't get the benefit of low expectations.

Like I preached with DLO, I hope Lonzo gets the room to grow. 19 years old, and the recent track record for 19 year old PGs has been rough. I'm pretty confident Lonzo will become a top PG, but it may take a little time.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:58 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

I'm not able to talk about both players, but Ingram advanced stats and per 36 kept rising, it was reported he has great work ethic, he has good to elite physical attributes and playing well or struggling he was trying hard.

From a talent point alone, Ball is in a category on his own, while I look at Ingram as James Worthy, Ball is Magic. Time will tell how the potential is developed.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

I'm not able to talk about both players, but Ingram advanced stats and per 36 kept rising, it was reported he has great work ethic, he has good to elite physical attributes and playing well or struggling he was trying hard.

From a talent point alone, Ball is in a category on his own, while I look at Ingram as James Worthy, Ball is Magic. Time will tell how the potential is developed.

The fact that you aren't allowed to discuss Russell proves his point. People are willing to troll, castigate, and promote players based on all sorts of subjective criteria. I have never in my life seen the kind of mental gymnastics people use to promote Brandon Ingram. Russell's Per36 went up every month his rookie season btw, and Ingram was atrocious. But one guy had to go and the other is the next legend in the making. Perception is a helluva thing.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:41 am    Post subject:

Please don't do what was done to DLO with Lonzo.

He's 19. Give him some time and good things will certainly come.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
nash wrote:
governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
nash wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

The fact that you aren't allowed to discuss Russell proves his point. People are willing to troll, castigate, and promote players based on all sorts of subjective criteria. I have never in my life seen the kind of mental gymnastics people use to promote Brandon Ingram. Russell's Per36 went up every month his rookie season btw, and Ingram was atrocious. But one guy had to go and the other is the next legend in the making. Perception is a helluva thing.
Got that right.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

People expect Lonzo to hit the floor running and become the team's best player from day 1, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I believe he will be better than DLo as a rookie, specially because he has some attributes - like transition game and court vision - that can translate quickly. Hopefully he will hang on them while he develops the flaws in his game.

Every 19-yo has flaws in their games for two reasons: they couldn't develop their adult body yet, and they didn't have time to develop every aspect of their game. Not to mention NBA game is another animal. OK, you have guys like LeBron that produced as a 18-yo or Magic that led the team as a 20-yo, but we're talking about 2 Top-5 (or 10, whatever) players of all time. It's not fair to put that burden in any rookie shoulder. Nor even Lonzo's.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:17 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

People expect Lonzo to hit the floor running and become the team's best player from day 1, but I don't think it's gonna happen.

I believe he will be better than DLo as a rookie, specially because he has some attributes - like transition game and court vision - that can translate quickly. Hopefully he will hang on them while he develops the flaws in his game.

Every 19-yo has flaws in their games for two reasons: they couldn't develop their adult body yet, and they didn't have time to develop every aspect of their game. Not to mention NBA game is another animal. OK, you have guys like LeBron that produced as a 18-yo or Magic that led the team as a 20-yo, but we're talking about 2 Top-5 (or 10, whatever) players of all time. It's not fair to put that burden in any rookie shoulder. Nor even Lonzo's.

Yeah. He's just a kid and the NBA is full of grown men. One day Lonzo will be the one picking on 19 year olds.

I think what helped DLO in year 1 was his ability to get his own shot off; Lonzo, still a work in progress. No doubt that Lonzo will move the ball much more and get others involved.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:19 am    Post subject:

virtual lonzo shoosting form
LB2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject:

He looks like 25-year-old Lonzo physically in that clip
Ruddog89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Durant tweeted that in his 2kGM mode he traded for the 1st overall pick and selected Lonzo Ball as his PG.

Sorry I don't have a link, I'm at work and can't login to twitter.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Ruddog89 wrote:
Kevin Durant tweeted that in his 2kGM mode he traded for the 1st overall pick and selected Lonzo Ball as his PG.

Sorry I don't have a link, I'm at work and can't login to twitter.

Do it Mitch

Deng and Randle for Durant
BleedPurpleAndGold
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys, don't know if you saw this, but my gf is telling me that the first episode might finally be coming out Thursday. They have the FB page up so if you click follow on that you'll know when it drops!

https://www.facebook.com/ballinthefamily/
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo is sensational, love his game and demeanor.

The guy has been a pro essentially in his own mind since he was 15 or so probably. And plays like it.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:11 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Just remember.

He is 19 years old.

He's just a kid.

A really good talented kid and I'm glad he's ours

He is a lot bigger and more athletic than people give him credit for. Definitely a good comparison in that way to Klay Thompson say....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:08 pm    Post subject:

That euro guard that the Clippers signed, Durant recently said he made the best pass he's ever seen when he played against him last summer, can we see Ball put this euro trash back on his own place?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
That euro guard that the Clippers signed, Durant recently said he made the best pass he's ever seen when he played against him last summer, can we see Ball put this euro trash back on his own place?

He's not Euro trash. He's been the best Euro PG for years.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

lol why so angry?

Teodosic is legit. So fun to watch
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 422, 423, 424 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 423 of 1688
Jump to: