OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 438, 439, 440  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:44 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

The posts are about crazy fans who were totally for or totally against a player.

Sure, that is what I'm talking about too.

I just think Lonzo Ball summer league performance makes the crazy hype about him somewhat understandable and perfectly acceptable.

I'd say the same about Kuzma, some "over-hype" is acceptable when you have players performing at MVP level among other players at the same stage of development.

Fine by me, so long as you understand that you are volunteering yourself as an example of the crazed fanaticism that GT is describing.

The tone of his/her post makes me volunteer myself as "an example of the crazed fanaticism that GT is describing". We're not volunteering to post 3000 word posts, defend the kid when he inevitably has a bad game, ignore the fact that he struggled with his shot, or any such thing.

We are, however, vocally and via the electronic/written word, asserting that two triple doubles in the summer league, when no other player has done so, winning the SL MVP, and this kid's track record on every level, justifies our high expectations.

One of those expectations being that there is a growing base of people who don't like him or the Lakers, they hate the fact that he did win the SL MVP, and they hate even more the fact that we did win the SL championship.

The haters are really going to grow as his game grows, and we'll be right here waiting for them sir.
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject:

There's nothing wrong with being excited about Lonzo. Lots to be excited about.

But big difference between that and crowning him a star, superstar, part of a superteam, etc, and being adamant about it or failing to recognize faults, areas of improvement, etc.

Same with Ingram. Somehow he is being crowned a lockdown defender.

Let's just see him lock some guys down first.
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
There's nothing wrong with being excited about Lonzo. Lots to be excited about.

But big difference between that and crowning him a star, superstar, part of a superteam, etc, and being adamant about it or failing to recognize faults, areas of improvement, etc.

Same with Ingram. Somehow he is being crowned a lockdown defender.

Let's just see him lock some guys down first.

Yep. 2 different views: Excitement vs G.O.A.T'ing someone. The latter being cray cray.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

The posts are about crazy fans who were totally for or totally against a player.

I just think Lonzo Ball summer league performance makes the crazy hype about him somewhat understandable and perfectly acceptable.

I'd say the same about Kuzma, some "over-hype" is acceptable when you have players performing at MVP level among other players at the same stage of development.

Fine by me, so long as you understand that you are volunteering yourself as an example of the crazed fanaticism that GT is describing.

Haven't seen Nash post 3k word comments hyping Lonzo.

I see Nash's point about Lonzo showing the goods at every stop, Chino Hills, UCLA and summer league. It's a natural progression for a fan to think Lonzo will bring it in the next level. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

The problem is, we have players who have shown more in high school, college and even the pros, and he wants them shipped out.
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

I see Nash's point about Lonzo showing the goods at every stop, Chino Hills, UCLA and summer league. It's a natural progression for a fan to think Lonzo will bring it in the next level. And I don't see anything wrong with that.

The problem is, we have players who have shown more in high school, college and even the pros, and he wants them shipped out.

Ah I see. I haven't been keeping up on the other threads.

However, question: Who on the Lakers have had a combined better HS, College and Summer League production and team success than Lonzo? (Of course I'm not including NBA regular season since Lonzo hasn't played in it yet). Or better yet, who in the entire NBA has had a better combined production?

A handful? And that's including guys who skipped straight from HS to the NBA.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:15 am    Post subject:

nash wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

He is talking about my criticism over a player that is not here anymore and I'll take my portion of the blame.

I'm more critic about other players less talented than this player, but those players don't have as many crazy fans

I like Ball a lot, I believe he is a unique talent and his triple doubles and summer league MVP help keeping this thread calm. I mean, someone can point a lot of flaws and talk about hype, but the supporters don't have a nervous breakdown because he has 2 triple doubles more than any rookie ever had in summer league so there is not so much to discuss at this point about how good of a prospect he is, it is a matter of development going forward. Supporting Ball you don't have to make a case for his talent, he was MVP and champion the first time he played for us. Can someone ask for more?

I'ver never felt the appeal to be a Clippers fan, my standards are high as it is the standard of this franchise and that is what I love about being a Lakers fan. I want to give someone a Clippers jersey every time I see a folk defending mediocrity, that is just the way I am.
tell nash...tell em..preach
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

which player that the lakers currently have, has shown change the culture of their high school team, change the culture of their college team, and changed the culture of their summer league pro team? NO ONE has done that. We're not just talking about stats or even wins per se. Culture changing is something that usually happens with a coach. Have you ever seen a player that changed the culture of a team like lonzo has? I know I havent. lebron was a beast his entire life, still is. but his team didnt play like him. they played with him and held on for dear life as he carried them to the promise land.

same with kobe to some degree. i can say kobe got the younger guys to become mini mambas the year we beat the celtics. that was a culture change. no bs attitudes, no fear mentality from sasha to sbrown back to kobe. but that took seasons to pull off.

This kid lonzo is doing it in a matter of weeks now. how do you have an entire team playing like you after a couple of games even when you're out hurt? thats unheard of vent. you have to respect it.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

which player that the lakers currently have, has shown change the culture of their high school team, change the culture of their college team, and changed the culture of their summer league pro team? NO ONE has done that. We're not just talking about stats or even wins per se. Culture changing is something that usually happens with a coach. Have you ever seen a player that changed the culture of a team like lonzo has? I know I havent. lebron was a beast his entire life, still is. but his team didnt play like him. they played with him and held on for dear life as he carried them to the promise land.

same with kobe to some degree. i can say kobe got the younger guys to become mini mambas the year we beat the celtics. that was a culture change. no bs attitudes, no fear mentality from sasha to sbrown back to kobe. but that took seasons to pull off.

This kid lonzo is doing it in a matter of weeks now. how do you have an entire team playing like you after a couple of games even when you're out hurt? thats unheard of vent. you have to respect it.

This is the guy who declared Lonzo a "role player" on the basis of watching some of one game against Kentucky. Why respond.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Uh... no we don't. He was the best player in the country in HS and was the best freshman in the country last year. We have nobody on the roster who fits that description.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

I would say guys like LBJ and Kobe did change the mentality of teams but like you said it was more of a drag others along for the ride kind of dynamic.

Ball is one of the most influential rookies I've seen. I think his influence wont stop at the Lakers because its a copy cat league.

I have the over on Ball career #'s:
4 all-star
3 asts titles
2 Rings
MVP

Call me crazy it's the most logical prediction my brain can come up with after analyzing his game so far.

Been saying this since before the draft and I am on the record saying I would of have takin him #1 and only had KAT and Porz ahead of him in the last three drafts combined. Now I wouldn't even trade him for Proz.
governator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

Sooo, apparently Lonzo not the first PG star coming out of UCLA with a rap single
Vin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
kobe_luver wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
This confirms that Zo ain't better than Kobe in rapping. Flow for flow and lyrically, Kobe > Zo.

I don't agree. I think Lonzo raps really well.....surprisingly well. Didn't expect it to sound that good.

Have you heard this Kobe song?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4oQ3jPgLRk

Not bad.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:04 am    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
epak wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:
nash wrote:
JerryMagicKobe wrote:

I would say guys like LBJ and Kobe did change the mentality of teams but like you said it was more of a drag others along for the ride kind of dynamic.

Ball is one of the most influential rookies I've seen. I think his influence wont stop at the Lakers because its a copy cat league.

I have the over on Ball career #'s:
4 all-star
3 asts titles
2 Rings
MVP

Call me crazy it's the most logical prediction my brain can come up with after analyzing his game so far.

Been saying this since before the draft and I am on the record saying I would of have takin him #1 and only had KAT and Porz ahead of him in the last three drafts combined. Now I wouldn't even trade him for Proz.
i said the same thing to a friend of mine and on here. dont be surprised when other teams start playing similar to the lakers which is similar to lonzo.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
This confirms that Zo ain't better than Kobe in rapping. Flow for flow and lyrically, Kobe > Zo.

I don't agree. I think Lonzo raps really well.....surprisingly well. Didn't expect it to sound that good.

Truth is Lonzo is a not so bad rapper in a bad rapping era. which means he's a B- rapper in an era where an A is actually a C. So that means zo is a D- rapper vs actual rappers that rap well. this is a terrible/horrible era for rap. Because guys sound so bad. This lonzo song sounds decent. Decent is now very good. what part of the game is that? lol.

any basketball player rapping now can out rap or rap just as BAD as most of the known rappers of this era. no they can't hang with the actual top 2 (Kendrick, Cole). i dont count drake. he doesnt write a majority of his stuff. he also gets most of his styles from other unknown rappers. sure i like some of his songs but knowing that info. He can never be in this discussion. he's a great artist with a great team. thats it.
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

I'm just glad music is just a hobby for him as he has stated.
The first love is basketball.
Same with BI; drawing is secondary to his first love: basketball.
defense
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:27 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo ranked the highest rookie on ESPN rankings and higher than Carmelo

Megaton
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo ranked 63, one ahead of Melo.

Dat Ball Boy gonna be top 25 after he wins rookie of the year.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject:

Hopefully Lonzo earns that rating. Actually, scratch that, hopefully he blows that ranking out of the water and shows himself to be a clear top ten player in NBA history his first season.

Melo Sucks now. He's a low efficiency scorer who plays zero defense. The only thing surprising about his ranking to me is how high he is.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

https://clutchpoints.com/digital-artist-tyson-beck-gives-nba-stars-iconic-old-school-haircuts/
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
https://clutchpoints.com/digital-artist-tyson-beck-gives-nba-stars-iconic-old-school-haircuts/

Halloween costumes
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:10 am    Post subject:

I mean, I love Lonzo and I think he's going to be a great player but I think so many places are going overboard ranking the kid better than some NBA vets before he's even played a game. I hate when they do it with Ben Simmons so it'd be hypocritical of me to like it when they do it with a Laker.

I think he'll come out playing great don't get me wrong but the kid isn't the 63rd best player in the league before he's bounced a ball in a game that matters.

This modern era habit of anointing players before they've done anything is really starting to grate on me. Saw an article the other day arguing Embiid is worth max money. He's played 31 games. If Olajuwon had only played 31 games his first 3 years I wouldn't have given him max money either, let alone Embiid.

People are so frantic for the next big thing nowadays they aren't even waiting for them to work to get there before announcing them.
Ben Vereen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:21 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball's passes can rid the world of war and diseases.

Thanks Lonzo
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:41 am    Post subject:

Ben Vereen wrote:
Lonzo Ball's passes can rid the world of war and diseases.

Thanks Lonzo

I disagree.

Last edited by epak on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:46 am; edited 1 time in total
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject:

El Seano wrote:
I mean, I love Lonzo and I think he's going to be a great player but I think so many places are going overboard ranking the kid better than some NBA vets before he's even played a game. I hate when they do it with Ben Simmons so it'd be hypocritical of me to like it when they do it with a Laker.

I think he'll come out playing great don't get me wrong but the kid isn't the 63rd best player in the league before he's bounced a ball in a game that matters.

This modern era habit of anointing players before they've done anything is really starting to grate on me. Saw an article the other day arguing Embiid is worth max money. He's played 31 games. If Olajuwon had only played 31 games his first 3 years I wouldn't have given him max money either, let alone Embiid.

People are so frantic for the next big thing nowadays they aren't even waiting for them to work to get there before announcing them.

That's the problem with this stupid ESPN ranking. It's subjective. There's no set criteria. And it's a compiled score from multiple people using their own subjective, undefined meaning of best.

That being said, I have no problem with anyone saying Lonzo is better than Melo. If they define better by meaning making their teammates better by not being a black hole.
epak
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:51 am    Post subject:

Lavar was on first take again today. Man was it entertaining.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 434, 435, 436 ... 438, 439, 440  Next
Page 435 of 440
Jump to: