OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
pio2u wrote:
Jason Kidd Says Lonzo Ball Should Change His Shot

Quote:
While Jason Kidd thinks highly of Lonzo Ball‘s game, Kidd warned that Lonzo’s unorthodox shot could become a weakness for NBA defenses to exploit.

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/jason-kidd-lonzo-ball-change-shot/#c1JsPKe7Rzq2iGMv.99

... says the guy who shot 40% from the field during his career. Lonzo- don't listen to him!

Exactly. I watched Kidd's whole career. Unequivocally a HOF'er, but I also observed him enough to know your right until there's proof that his shot mechanics are a weakness.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:
While Jason Kidd thinks highly of Lonzo Ball‘s game, Kidd warned that Lonzo’s unorthodox shot could become a weakness for NBA defenses to exploit.

Read more at http://www.slamonline.com/nba/jason-kidd-lonzo-ball-change-shot/#c1JsPKe7Rzq2iGMv.99

1) Never trust a guy who's place you stand to take
2) IMO changing his shot at this point in his career would be suicide. Its too much of an adjustment. It wouldn't be a minor tweak.
3) I'm just a guy. Jason Kidd is a HOF player and he had one of the best shots in his day.

Jason Kidd is right. This is a throw away season so it's better to start the fix now.

If Shawn Marion can be effect with that crazy looking shot then I'm not sure why Lonzo needs to change his shot

Marions jump shots were off of catch and shoot opportunities from steve nash.

As a franchise point guard..Lonzo will have the ball in his hands a lot. Right now with his shot form it'll be very difficult for him to shoot dribble pullups going to the right.

Hes gonna need to fix his shot to maximize his potential.

You state it as if it's a fact, but it's not a fact....yet. That may/may not prove to be the case. I'll enjoy the process to see.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

2) IMO changing his shot at this point in his career would be suicide. Its too much of an adjustment. It wouldn't be a minor tweak.
3) I'm just a guy. Jason Kidd is a HOF player and he had one of the best shots in his day.

Jason Kidd is right. This is a throw away season so it's better to start the fix now.

If Shawn Marion can be effect with that crazy looking shot then I'm not sure why Lonzo needs to change his shot

As a franchise point guard..Lonzo will have the ball in his hands a lot. Right now with his shot form it'll be very difficult for him to shoot dribble pullups going to the right.

You state it as if it's a fact, but it's not a fact....yet. That may/may not prove to be the case. I'll enjoy the process to see.

i think hell still be great without changing it. but imagine if he can shoot dribble pull ups going right? opens up another side of the floor for him and makes him less predictable.

really hard to drive right and wind up to the left side of your head to shoot. I'm very excited as well!
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but Kidd's jumper was probably the biggest weakness in his game during his prime. It wasn't until his 2nd stint with the Mavericks when he was an aging veteran that he started to develop his 3-pointer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Not sure if you were being sarcastic, but Kidd's jumper was probably the biggest weakness in his game during his prime. It wasn't until his 2nd stint with the Mavericks when he was an aging veteran that he started to develop his 3-pointer.

I have no idea why people are comparing Ball with Kidd, he was 6"4 while Ball is 6"7, Ball also has that athletic ability which was no where near Kidds game when he was in the NBA.

there just comparing him to Kidd cause of his passing but they don't have similar game, actually it's not even close.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yea I was throwing daggers at Kidd's shooting hand lol
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

I have no idea why people are comparing Ball with Kidd, he was 6"4 while Ball is 6"7, Ball also has that athletic ability which was no where near Kidds game when he was in the NBA.

there just comparing him to Kidd cause of his passing but they don't have similar game, actually it's not even close.

Did you ever watch young Kidd play? He was a fantastic athlete.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Yea I was throwing daggers at Kidd's shooting hand lol

Lol, gotcha. That being said if anyone knows how a weak/unorthodox jumper can hurt your potential ceiling it's JKidd. Although I agree with you it's probably more a matter of tweaking and learning better ways to get his particular jumpshot off than a complete restructuring.

Independent of Lonzo, I still wish the Lakers would invest in a legitimate shooting coach. One of those "shot gurus" like a Bob Thate or Chip Engelland.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

I still don't see how there game is similar, I see Ball more in line with Klay Thompson.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

I still don't see how there game is similar, I see Ball more in line with Klay Thompson.

LOL what the heck No no no...comparing him to Jason kidd is insane because he's closer to klay!?

Last edited by Lakesh0wtime on Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

lol huh?

When you say something like that, you're posting privileges should be revoked.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

What I mean is that Ball offfensively can turn into Klay, Ball and Kidd are both good high IQ and great passers though, I would be okay if he's another Kidd.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
What I mean is that Ball offfensively can turn into Klay, Ball and Kidd are both good high IQ and great passers though, I would be okay if he's another Kidd.

You're digging a bigger hole.

You'd be 'okay' if he's another Kidd? Jason's a HOF who was the PG of his generation. Play is a elite defender and shooter and a good scorer.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject:

Cut me some slack, I don't care who he turns into as long as he's leading us to titles.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Are you talking about Jason Kidd?
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'd love it if he could run a team like Kidd and score in bunches like Klay and play defense somewhere in between.

Yes please!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

BLo on Zo

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 4:48 pm    Post subject:

scooterp10 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I'd love it if he could run a team like Kidd and score in bunches like Klay and play defense somewhere in between.

Yes please!

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

Will Lonzo Ball be able to resurrect the Lakers

Quote:
Rookie Lonzo Ball has given some new life to the Los Angeles Lakers, but will this new life be visible from an on the court standpoint?

https://lakeshowlife.com/2017/09/22/los-angeles-lakers-will-lonzo-ball-be-able-to-resurrect-the-lakers/
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Those new shoes for ZO the remix ones, they look quite great to be honest. Looks better than the first ones. Although, I liked them both.

I'm glad he's being trained by Steve Nash and KD. Sounds like they took notice of his talent. Always a good thing to have vets and star players come out of their way to talk to a rook.
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject:

Nobody has made a good Lonzo Ball shirt...
oldlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:57 am    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Batguano wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

Are you talking about Jason Kidd?

He is very similar to Kidd but a he is bigger and he has an outside shot already. If you don't want to compare him to Kidd then who else? Magic Johnson?

Kidd was a lock down defender, but was shorter and did not have an outside shot early in his career.

Magic was bigger, probably a better rebounder and he was the best passer I ever saw. Magic had a great low post game too. His outside shot was only okay to below average when he first came into the league.

Ball is the best passer run the offense type guy since Kidd and maybe since Magic to come into the league and that is saying alot. He is a good rebounder already and I think his outside shot is going to be above average. I don't know yet how good his defense will be, hopefully at least average and I don't have a feel for how he will be in the post if he even goes there. If he is good in the PNR he will be a great point guard. His passing is elite and his game reminds me more of Magic than Kidd but that is and should be forbidden talk. I just remember how I felt about Magic when he became a Laker and I get a similar feeling about Ball. I knew Magic would lead the team and that team had come veterans while Ball will be leading a bunch of youngsters. But Ball will be the leader just like Magic was the leader but without the charisma factor. I have never seen a player with Magic's charisma.
True Lakers Fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:03 am    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
Nobody has made a good Lonzo Ball shirt...

They are not Big Ballers
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakesh0wtime wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
Lakesh0wtime wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GonzagaAlum wrote:
defense wrote:
pio2u wrote:

Quote:

i think hell still be great without changing it. but imagine if he can shoot dribble pull ups going right? opens up another side of the floor for him and makes him less predictable.

really hard to drive right and wind up to the left side of your head to shoot. I'm very excited as well!

Yep, no doubt about that. What will make his shot most effective, whether he eventually changes it or not, is his style of play.

He's not trying to take guys one on one, he's not trying to back guys down in iso, he just keeps things moving which he enables him and the team to get good and mostly open shots.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject:

Jason Kidd thinks Lonzo may end up being a better player then him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 437, 438, 439 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 438 of 1688
Jump to: