OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:23 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
It really is different the way Magic is so open when he talks about players ala Ball, Jackson etc. It was pretty obvious his heart is with Ball.

I've been so used to listening to Mitch, who doesn't reveal anything. To me it's a breath of fresh air listening to Magic. You can hear in his voice the passion he has for this organization and how bad he wants to bring back winning.

I would rather Magic stay silent and not give any hints as to who we are drafting so that other teams can't try to foil our plans
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
King Randle wrote:
It really is different the way Magic is so open when he talks about players ala Ball, Jackson etc. It was pretty obvious his heart is with Ball.

I've been so used to listening to Mitch, who doesn't reveal anything. To me it's a breath of fresh air listening to Magic. You can hear in his voice the passion he has for this organization and how bad he wants to bring back winning.

I would rather Magic stay silent and not give any hints as to who we are drafting so that other teams can't try to foil our plans

We're 2nd pick. Not sure anyone can really foil our plans.
Lakers 4 eva
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:25 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
epak wrote:
MJST wrote:
ESPNLosAngeles‏Verified account @ESPNLosAngeles 52m52 minutes ago
Does anyone remind you of yourself at that young age in this year's draft?

"That's easy, Lonzo Ball"
- @MagicJohnson

Welp

Heh. So would Magic draft himself? Or Jackson/Fultz?

But what if Fultz reminds him of Jordan the most??!!!!

So what if it Fultz reminds Magic of Jordan? Do you really think Magic Or Bird for that matter actually think Jordan is better than them? I know Magic says that in public but I highly doubt a player that was as great and competitive as Magic thought MJ was better than him. Specially since MJ caught Magic on the downside of his NBA career.

Last edited by Lakers 4 eva on Thu May 25, 2017 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:27 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:

Good luck with that.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
King Randle wrote:

We're 2nd pick. Not sure anyone can really foil our plans.

Exactly...haha...how right you are Epak.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball is not the first potential Los Angeles lottery pick to skip on Boston. Remember when Randle skipped on them to do a GQ photoshoot?

Lonzo Ball refuses to work out for Celtics while setting up workout with Lakers

General Manager Rob Pelinka is setting up a pre-draft workout for presumptive second overall pick Lonzo Ball of UCLA.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/5/25/15692894/la-lakers-2017-nba-draft-news-rumors-lonzo-ball-refuses-work-out-for-celtics-mock-julius-randle-gq
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lonzo Ball is not the first potential Los Angeles lottery pick to skip on Boston. Remember when Randle skipped on them to do a GQ photoshoot?

Lonzo Ball refuses to work out for Celtics while setting up workout with Lakers

General Manager Rob Pelinka is setting up a pre-draft workout for presumptive second overall pick Lonzo Ball of UCLA.

http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2017/5/25/15692894/la-lakers-2017-nba-draft-news-rumors-lonzo-ball-refuses-work-out-for-celtics-mock-julius-randle-gq

Ahhh ahhaha. I did not know that.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:19 pm    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Honestly, I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't like it. It's not about the Celtics, it's more about respect. You should work out for anyone who asks (given they have a chance to draft you). I believe these teams come to you, so all of them would have been willing to come to L.A. for their workout of him. If anything, it speaks of a red flag, or something else that you're trying to hide.

Towns wouldnt work out for us 2 years ago and Simmons wouldnt work out for us last year

That's because they were told they would be drafted 1st overall, so there would be no point in working out with us.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
Honestly, I'm going to go against the grain and say I don't like it. It's not about the Celtics, it's more about respect. You should work out for anyone who asks (given they have a chance to draft you). I believe these teams come to you, so all of them would have been willing to come to L.A. for their workout of him. If anything, it speaks of a red flag, or something else that you're trying to hide.

Towns wouldnt work out for us 2 years ago and Simmons wouldnt work out for us last year

That's because they were told they would be drafted 1st overall, so there would be no point in working out with us.

If those guys have guarantees, I can't fault the projected #2 pick for only concentrating on the teams after #1. If Ball is smart, he would work out for the Lakers and probably #3 and #4 as well. As for me, a Laker fan, I'm just fine with him only working out with the Lakers, even if we don't pick him. That wouldn't be in his best interest though.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Do you go for an interview every time some company headhunter reaches out to you? I don't see anything wrong with Lonzo doing what he needs to do (within legal limits) in order to land his dream job.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Do you go for an interview every time some company headhunter reaches out to you? I don't see anything wrong with Lonzo doing what he needs to do (within legal limits) in order to land his dream job.

Wonder how he'll feel IF the Celt's or Lakers decide to go another way....we'll see if the Ball bunch are playing their cards right...
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Wonder how he'll feel IF the Celt's or Lakers decide to go another way....we'll see if the Ball bunch are playing their cards right...

He's said he'll be fine where ever he lands. Obviously his dream job is with the Lakers that's why Lavar is pushing so hard tbh.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

This is professional sports - the comparison to a 9-5 job is dumb. If you want to choose, go pick a team to play for overseas. There is also an aura of entitlement, like he already earned our pick without our input. I want the BPA as determined by college play, internal/external scouts eval's and the results of multiple private workouts. If the BPA is JJ, then they better pick him instead.

Last edited by leor_77 on Thu May 25, 2017 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:24 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

its professional basketball. why should he workout for a team when he is not interested in joining them at all?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

its professional basketball. why should he workout for a team when he is not interested in joining them at all?

Agreed- I love it when the players have the power. They are the ones who do the work, not the 1%ers who own the teams.
Das
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 4 eva wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
epak wrote:
MJST wrote:
ESPNLosAngeles‏Verified account @ESPNLosAngeles 52m52 minutes ago
Does anyone remind you of yourself at that young age in this year's draft?

"That's easy, Lonzo Ball"
- @MagicJohnson

Welp

Heh. So would Magic draft himself? Or Jackson/Fultz?

But what if Fultz reminds him of Jordan the most??!!!!

So what if it Fultz reminds Magic of Jordan? Do you really think Magic Or Bird for that matter actually think Jordan is better than them? I know Magic says that in public but I highly doubt a player that was as great and competitive as Magic thought MJ was better than him. Specially since MJ caught Magic on the downside of his NBA career.

Dude... they're 3 years apart.
#1 Markelle Fultz
#2 Lonzo Ball
#3 Jayson Tatum
#4 Lauri Markkanen

Markkanen will be a better pro than Josh Jackson

Doubling Down: Josh Jackson will get traded before his rookie contract expires and will have off court issues.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Are you also considering it a "red flag" that George or agent have made comments that disrespect other teams by essentially saying "don't trade for me, I want to play for the Lakers"?

Ball has a unique opportunity of having his draft position line up pretty solidly with his desired team. His childhood dream potentially fulfilled. That is considered a negative?

If anything I would say it is a risky move to so vocally all-in with the Lakers drafting him. If they don't how will he be received in his new city? Not a deal breaker but certainly some embarrassing backtracking will be needed to smooth some ruffled feathers of a disrespected fan base.
WeDidItReddit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo should probably work out with other teams because if he is refusing to work out for the Celtics and will only work out for the Lakers, he is basically banking his entire future on the Lakers drafting him, which contrary to what many might think, is not a foregone conclusion.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:36 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
Lonzo should probably work out with other teams because if he is refusing to work out for the Celtics and will only work out for the Lakers, he is basically banking his entire future on the Lakers drafting him, which contrary to what many might think, is not a foregone conclusion.

Teams that draft after the Lakers will draft him regardless of whether he works out for them or not. They have plenty of video on him. I doubt he gets past Philly.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Are you also considering it a "red flag" that George or agent have made comments that disrespect other teams by essentially saying "don't trade for me, I want to play for the Lakers"?

Ball has a unique opportunity of having his draft position line up pretty solidly with his desired team. His childhood dream potentially fulfilled. That is considered a negative?

If anything I would say it is a risky move to so vocally all-in with the Lakers drafting him. If they don't how will he be received in his new city? Not a deal breaker but certainly some embarrassing backtracking will be needed to smooth some ruffled feathers of a disrespected fan base.

George was drafted by the Pacers. As far as I'm concerned, I think he played there, so the comparisons are not valid. I'm going to bow out, though. This thread is getting annoying.

I want the best player for the Lakers, whether that's Ball or someone else, but I have reservations (about him as well as other players in the top-3). I want to make sure we pick the best player, and are not influenced by outside factors (that includes fan hype stirred up by his camp/dad).
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:43 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

This is professional sports - the comparison to a 9-5 job is dumb. If you want to choose, go pick a team to play for overseas. There is also an aura of entitlement, like he already earned our pick without our input. I want the BPA as determined by college play, internal/external scouts eval's and the results of multiple private workouts. If the BPA is JJ, then they better pick him instead.

Lonzo is the one taking the risk. It's simple, of the Lakers don't like what they see, they will draft someone else. Magic is the one that makes the decision, not Lonzo. Entitlement is only when you think you deserved something without having to earn it. In this case, Lonzo worked hard to be where they at just like any potential lotto picks.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

But why should you have to go overseas to choose? It makes zero sense. No other profession forces the top talent to go to certain companies while the fringe talent chooses where they get to go. The process is completely backwards.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

George was drafted by the Pacers. As far as I'm concerned, I think he played there, so the comparisons are not valid. I'm going to bow out, though. This thread is getting annoying.

I want the best player for the Lakers, whether that's Ball or someone else, but I have reservations (about him as well as other players in the top-3). I want to make sure we pick the best player, and are not influenced by outside factors (that includes fan hype stirred up by his camp/dad).

His play stirred up the hype NOT his dad. If anything his dad is giving people second thoughts.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
pmacla wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Entitlement is owners thinking every prospect needs to work out for their team because they lucked out with a lottery pick. As for the "go overseas" comment, that sounds reminiscent of the "if you don't like the way things are in this country, move elsewhere!" When you have a viewpoint that almost no one else agrees with, sometimes it is helpful to consider why everyone else feels that way before immediately writing them off as idiots and labeling yourself as a genius.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

Agreed- I love it when the players have the power. They are the ones who do the work, not the 1%ers who own the teams.

As soon as a player signs a multi million dollar contract he becomes a 1%er....now the 0.1%ers...99.9% of them can get bent. LOL.

#BannersOverBillboards
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 68, 69, 70 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 69 of 1688
Jump to: