OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject:

WeDidItReddit wrote:
Lonzo should probably work out with other teams because if he is refusing to work out for the Celtics and will only work out for the Lakers, he is basically banking his entire future on the Lakers drafting him, which contrary to what many might think, is not a foregone conclusion.

I Lonzo choose to workout for no one...he'd still get drafted in the top 5. We don't have to agree with what these kids do, because we don't have to live with the consequences. But I'm totally cool with a kid dissing the Celtics because his lifelong dream is to wear Purple & Gold.

I'd much rather have a talented kid who wants to be here over one that just wanted to make it to the NBA. Just sayin.

#BannersOverBillboards
AC Green's V-Card
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:23 pm    Post subject:

Das wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
epak wrote:
MJST wrote:
ESPNLosAngeles‏Verified account @ESPNLosAngeles 52m52 minutes ago
Does anyone remind you of yourself at that young age in this year's draft?

"That's easy, Lonzo Ball"
- @MagicJohnson

Welp

Heh. So would Magic draft himself? Or Jackson/Fultz?

But what if Fultz reminds him of Jordan the most??!!!!

So what if it Fultz reminds Magic of Jordan? Do you really think Magic Or Bird for that matter actually think Jordan is better than them? I know Magic says that in public but I highly doubt a player that was as great and competitive as Magic thought MJ was better than him. Specially since MJ caught Magic on the downside of his NBA career.

Dude... they're 3 years apart.

Going into the '90-'91 season, including the playoffs, Michael Jordan had played 18,892 minutes. Magic played 35,934. It's only three years in age, but Magic had double the mileage on his tires. Without a doubt, Jordan was entering his prime, and Johnson was leaving it.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject:

AC Green's V-Card wrote:
Das wrote:
Lakers 4 eva wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
epak wrote:
MJST wrote:
ESPNLosAngeles‏Verified account @ESPNLosAngeles 52m52 minutes ago
Does anyone remind you of yourself at that young age in this year's draft?

"That's easy, Lonzo Ball"
- @MagicJohnson

Welp

Heh. So would Magic draft himself? Or Jackson/Fultz?

But what if Fultz reminds him of Jordan the most??!!!!

So what if it Fultz reminds Magic of Jordan? Do you really think Magic Or Bird for that matter actually think Jordan is better than them? I know Magic says that in public but I highly doubt a player that was as great and competitive as Magic thought MJ was better than him. Specially since MJ caught Magic on the downside of his NBA career.

Dude... they're 3 years apart.

Going into the '90-'91 season, including the playoffs, Michael Jordan had played 18,892 minutes. Magic played 35,934. It's only three years in age, but Magic had double the mileage on his tires. Without a doubt, Jordan was entering his prime, and Johnson was leaving it.

Fact
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Sirius XM NBA: “His vision is very similar to a Jason Kidd or a Magic.” – @James Worthy on Lonzo Ball He thinks Ball is the player that the Lakers want 2 hours ago – via Twitter SiriusXMNBA

Quote:
Although it’s possible the Lakers will be Lonzo Ball’s only workout, he has not yet ruled out working out for other teams, according to a source who asked for anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the matter. Ball’s preference is to play for the Lakers. 3 hours ago – via Los Angeles Times
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 5:38 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
WeDidItReddit wrote:
Lonzo should probably work out with other teams because if he is refusing to work out for the Celtics and will only work out for the Lakers, he is basically banking his entire future on the Lakers drafting him, which contrary to what many might think, is not a foregone conclusion.

I Lonzo choose to workout for no one...he'd still get drafted in the top 5. We don't have to agree with what these kids do, because we don't have to live with the consequences. But I'm totally cool with a kid dissing the Celtics because his lifelong dream is to wear Purple & Gold.

I'd much rather have a talented kid who wants to be here over one that just wanted to make it to the NBA. Just sayin.

The status of his mother may also be influencing his desire to stay in Los Angeles for the summer. He doesn't want to leave her for a week to get jerked around by a team that isn't taking him anyways.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:
Sirius XM NBA: “His vision is very similar to a Jason Kidd or a Magic.” – @James Worthy on Lonzo Ball He thinks Ball is the player that the Lakers want 2 hours ago – via Twitter SiriusXMNBA

Quote:
Although it’s possible the Lakers will be Lonzo Ball’s only workout, he has not yet ruled out working out for other teams, according to a source who asked for anonymity because they were not authorized to speak on the matter. Ball’s preference is to play for the Lakers. 3 hours ago – via Los Angeles Times

Worthy is obviously close to Magic

Geeter is close to Luke

Both have said the same thing more or less... I'd find it incredibly surprising if Lonzo is not the pick. I'm sure they like Fox and JJ but it's going to take a huge turn of events IMO for something to take them off of him.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Music to my ears
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:44 pm    Post subject:

*Lonzo Ball, 76ers mulling pre-draft workout
Quote:
Former UCLA Bruins point guard Lonzo Ball is considering working out for the Philadelphia 76ers in advance of the 2017 NBA draft on June 22, league sources told ESPN.

Philadelphia owns the third overall pick in the draft.

A final decision will be made once Ball's agent, Harrison Gaines, and Sixers general manager Bryan Colangelo have had an extensive conversation centered on the identity of the team, sources told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19464452/lonzo-ball-workout-philadelphia-76ers-possible

*Lonzo Ball may work out for the 76ers, but won't meet with the Celtics
Quote:
While most expect Ball selected at either No. 1 or No. 2 overall, it seems Ball is open to working out with Philadelphia. The 76ers pick No. 3 overall (via ESPN):

http://hoopshype.com/2017/05/25/lonzo-ball-may-work-out-for-the-76ers-but-wont-meet-with-the-celtics/
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
*Lonzo Ball, 76ers mulling pre-draft workout
Quote:
Former UCLA Bruins point guard Lonzo Ball is considering working out for the Philadelphia 76ers in advance of the 2017 NBA draft on June 22, league sources told ESPN.

Philadelphia owns the third overall pick in the draft.

A final decision will be made once Ball's agent, Harrison Gaines, and Sixers general manager Bryan Colangelo have had an extensive conversation centered on the identity of the team, sources told ESPN.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19464452/lonzo-ball-workout-philadelphia-76ers-possible

*Lonzo Ball may work out for the 76ers, but won't meet with the Celtics
Quote:
While most expect Ball selected at either No. 1 or No. 2 overall, it seems Ball is open to working out with Philadelphia. The 76ers pick No. 3 overall (via ESPN):

http://hoopshype.com/2017/05/25/lonzo-ball-may-work-out-for-the-76ers-but-wont-meet-with-the-celtics/

Not surprised.. Laker "sources" seem to keep hinting it's not a sure thing and they should be prepared for the worst case scenario. He'd be a good fit in Philly... he and Simmons would dazzle.

But I'd try an offer of #2 for Simmons
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:05 pm    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

It's been clearly Obvious.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Derek Bodner‏Verified account @DerekBodnerNBA 4h4 hours ago

Yes, Lonzo Ball is best "with the ball in his hands" . For a second or two. Then he passes it to somebody on the move.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/zo2_/status/634648290793881600
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:

This' from 2015
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:03 pm    Post subject:

Yeah and he always wears a knee brace. Not saying it will recur, but it's not a good sign if you're having knee problems that young.
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

leor_77 wrote:

I'm sure everyone who has gotten to the point where they are NBA level talent has said this. Hell I've had foot pain after playing for like 7 hours in the park some summer days.
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player

http://model284.com/nba-role-probability-model-2017/

Lonzo has a 83% chance at becoming an all star according to this model
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

This' from 2015

Which knee?
The one that's always wrapped?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject:

https://instagram.com/p/BUh-3o3AB4C/ We gotta go back to these jerseys bruh
Also, I don't think he's going to miss a 3 in his Laker workout
I have bought full Lonzo-jumpshot stock
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:22 am    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
Yeah and he always wears a knee brace. Not saying it will recur, but it's not a good sign if you're having knee problems that young.

A sore knee two years ago doesn't qualify as knee problems come on man.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject:

AIRZOOMKOBE2k5 wrote:
http://model284.com/nba-role-probability-model-2017/

Lonzo has a 83% chance at becoming an all star according to this model

I don't like models and formulas that try to determine which players are better etc but it's pretty interesting that he's almost twice as likely than anybody else to be an all star according to it.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:24 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
leor_77 wrote:

A sore knee two years ago doesn't qualify as knee problems come on man.

And he doesn't wear a knee brace. He wears a shooting sleeve basically on his knee - which has no medical value

A sprained knee is awkward to sleep on. Kid has had dozens of ridiculous dunks since then
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:34 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:

Yes, Lonzo Ball is best "with the ball in his hands" . For a second or two. Then he passes it to somebody on the move.

I watched most of the UCLA games this year and I never really got this impression. Unless it was a break that lead to an immediate score or turnover, he would typically get the ball back and facilitate offensive movement.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject:

RJBaca wrote:
epak wrote:
Quote:

I watched most of the UCLA games this year and I never really got this impression. Unless it was a break that lead to an immediate score or turnover, he would typically get the ball back and facilitate offensive movement.

I don't see the comment as a criticism really. I've watched all the games as well. I see it as him not being a ball stopper and liken him to being a QB who makes quick reads and releases the ball after a 2 step drop rather than sitting in the pocket and dancing around waiting for someone to get open. GT's latest podcast validated my untrained eye's opinion of Lonzo. Makes easy passes but with impeccable timing and precision. His reads and passes attack the defense early in the shot clock and cause the defense to scramble and play catch up on each possession. It sounds so simple, but the kid is playing chess, not checkers on the court.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

It is important to work all the top guys out to get a feel for them even if it is not likely you will pick some of them.

I like the idea of getting their exact measurements, getting a feel for them as people and putting them through specific measurable workouts.

Who knows, some of these guys could be targets down the road if not this time around. For instance, in addition to Lonzo...I would want to get guys like Fultz, Smith Jr, Jackson, Tatum, etc all in the facility and eyeball them up close.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 6:08 am    Post subject:

I think Lonzo will be a strange player to work out, b/c you're staring at him for 1 hour + shooting that funky jumper (with shots probably going in). He's not the type of player that may blow you away in workouts.

I would run a series of drills:

1. see how he fares in PnR actions as ball handler.
2. make him shoot contested pullups in midrange
3. see if he has a floater game
4. can he get shots off in PnR actions going to the rim.
5. have Nwaba guard him and try to take away his sweet spot on jumpers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 70 of 1688
Jump to: