OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 892, 893, 894 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

JJin77 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
Said it before and I'll say it again. Would not trade Lonzo straight up for ANYONE in the league.

*sigh*

I will trade Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz + 19 unprotected 1st rounder for Giannis in a heartbeat. Maybe for AD as well.

Glad you are not in charge. Ingram is better than Giannis in his sophomore season. Guess many would have traded Giannis then due to lack of patience as well. I would do that sort of trade for a top 10 player in history MAYBE.

Last edited by saetarubia on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo's D is a pleasure to watch, how come this was not on any scouting reports? He's a playmaker on defense, and you can't say that about many guards in the league. Actually he bulks up he's more of a wing defender that can guard smaller guys.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Zo is so aware on the defensive end it's ridiculous. You see him reading plays/passes before they happen. He may not always get the steal but his reads create so much disruption.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:
Said it before and I'll say it again. Would not trade Lonzo straight up for ANYONE in the league.

*sigh*

I will trade Lonzo, Ingram, Kuz + 19 unprotected 1st rounder for Giannis in a heartbeat. Maybe for AD as well.

Nope.

Hell No! is what you meant

You do that trade and all you Have is the Freak. And now you haft to hope for FA or you go to tank mode and waste His Prime.

You haft to do what GS did and that is what we did.

We have a great Young core that with the right moves and one FA we could be adding Atleast 2 if not 3 more banners by 2023
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo + Deng + Kuzma for Greek Freak is totally fair. We can then probably squeeze PG and LeBron too
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Isaiah Thomas offers Lonzo Ball some refreshing advice

There's a lot Lonzo Ball can learn about the life of a star NBA point guard from new teammate Isaiah Thomas. From how to run the pick-and-roll to how to attack specific opponents, to the work required to reach an All-Star level, IT can be a veritable font of wisdom from which the rookie out of UCLA draws knowledge.

As Zo revealed at shootaround on Monday, prior to the Lakers' 123-104 win over the Atlanta Hawks, Thomas has already taught him the importance of proper hydration.

"Every time I see him, he always has something to tell me, so that's good," Ball said. "Yesterday, made me drink a lot of water, keep hydrated for the day, so thank him for everything."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/isaiah-thomas-offers-lonzo-ball-some-refreshing-advice/ar-BBJDsaV?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp
ingle
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:56 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:

*sigh*

Nope.

You do that trade and all you Have is the Freak. And now you haft to hope for FA or you go to tank mode and waste His Prime.

We have a great Young core that with the right moves and one FA we could be adding Atleast 2 if not 3 more banners by 2023

If you can get them to take Deng in that deal i think youd have to consider it.

I love our core but if you get a chance to put together a Greek Freak, Lebron, PG combo with Hart and Julius as support you'd have to think about it.

Another thought, what about Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Deng and a pick for Anthony Davis. Would you do it if you knew Lebron and PG were coming. Pelicans would probably do that.
dood23
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 10:59 pm    Post subject:

kobe_luver wrote:
Isaiah Thomas offers Lonzo Ball some refreshing advice

"Every time I see him, he always has something to tell me, so that's good," Ball said. "Yesterday, made me drink a lot of water, keep hydrated for the day, so thank him for everything."

smh how can he be a star if he needs to be reminded to drink water
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:18 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
JJin77 wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:
Lakers4Life33 wrote:

*sigh*

Nope.

okok. I was exaggerating, but you get the idea.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:20 am    Post subject:

Missed watching this guy, man. Unbelievable feel for the game.
LAPauer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:25 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

I always find it unsettling whenever Lavar gets the talking heads riled up and frothing at the mouth for Lonzo to be traded. I really hope it kind of calms down as Lonzo shows out. He is incredible and easily my favorite player to watch in the league right now. There's a lot better physical talent out there, but I think he has to be one of the smartest players I've seen in years.
BizLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Love me some Lonzo.

Isn’t he shooting over 40% from 3 during his last 14 games or something like that? Talk about progression... he’s taking a lot of them too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:30 am    Post subject:

LAPauer wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

I always find it unsettling whenever Lavar gets the talking heads riled up and frothing at the mouth for Lonzo to be traded. I really hope it kind of calms down as Lonzo shows out. He is incredible and easily my favorite player to watch in the league right now. There's a lot better physical talent out there, but I think he has to be one of the smartest players I've seen in years.

While I do think that the Lakers would love for LaVar to shut up, I'd be shocked if any of that had much of an impact on whether or not they'd keep Lonzo.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:34 am    Post subject:

There is some article that puts Tatum #1 in a redraft and Lonzo still at #2, but I would take Lonzo #1. Tatum is a dime a dozen.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:38 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
There is some article that puts Tatum #1 in a redraft and Lonzo still at #2, but I would take Lonzo #1. Tatum is a dime a dozen.

I think Mitchell's the only guy with a legit case alongside Lonzo, frankly.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Yeah, I saw Mitchell at 3, and Fultz at 4.
awntawn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:04 am    Post subject:

Shooting percentages are creeping up ;o Since he's missed so many games, his sample size is smaller, and positive performances from here on out are more significant for his season averages than for most other players. I wonder if he can get up to 40% and 35% from 3 on the season.

His FT sample size is so low too, all it takes is one coach to try hack-a-Lonzo for one game to get his FT% to a more respectable number if he's able to stroke them like he did today
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:07 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Yeah, I saw Mitchell at 3, and Fultz at 4.

Mitchell creates offense on his own. I think that a guy like Lonzo who can have a great game without at all getting in the way of others having a great game (and even helping them have it) is more valuable, but Mitchell is a conventional go-to guy. Who knows, maybe Tatum can be that too, but that hasn't been the position that he's in.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:21 am    Post subject:

awntawn wrote:
Shooting percentages are creeping up ;o Since he's missed so many games, his sample size is smaller, and positive performances from here on out are more significant for his season averages than for most other players. I wonder if he can get up to 40% and 35% from 3 on the season.

His FT sample size is so low too, all it takes is one coach to try hack-a-Lonzo for one game to get his FT% to a more respectable number if he's able to stroke them like he did today

Took a page out of Philly's playbook and redshirted him a lil bit, his overall shooting stroke looks good, his defensive awareness and playmaking ability on both ends is always going to be there.

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:13 am    Post subject:

Lonzo is awesome. He's going to make his teammates better for 15 years if he stays healthy. He's already a good NBA defender as a 19-20 year old rookie, and I don't think people appreciate just how difficult that is. He has an amazing quick-trigger ability to anticipate things on both offense and defense; I've said this before, but he reminds me of a doubles tennis player who gets amazing reflex volleys at the net back because he's able to anticipate things remarkably well. He just sees everything and notices things that most players don't, and that anticipation and vision allows him to be in the proper positions often. And when there's a loose ball in his vicinity, he so often comes up with it because his hands are lightning-quick.

If he shoots .440/.380 in his prime, he's a Hall Of Fame player. Even if he shoots something like .420/.360, he'll still be a really good player that is a multiple-time All-Star. This kid has that "it" factor. He just does.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:02 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball's Stats(Last 14 Games)

12.8 PPG
7.5 REB
7.0 AST
1.7 STL
0.7 BLK
2.8 TOV
43.7% Field Goal
41.6% From Three

pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

Solid all-around performance by Zo last night!
He was a perfect 4 - 4 FG (3 - 3 treys) 2 - 2 FT with 7 rebounds 5 assists and 3 steals. Good defense too.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Solid all-around performance by Zo last night!
He was a perfect 4 - 4 FG (3 - 3 treys) 2 - 2 FT with 7 rebounds 5 assists and 3 steals. Good defense too.

Besides a few silly fouls I thought his defense was great. His ability to stop the ball in transition while taking away passing lanes was really on display last night. He had a few different sequences where he ended a Hawks fast break almost single handedly.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:30 am    Post subject:

I tell my friends that you need to stop focusing on the PPG for Lonzo and watch how he impacts the game in so many different ways. Starting to get a few converts.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

I thought he had way more than 3 steals. Felt like 5 or 6.

Did they count the times where Zo would tip the ball out of the player's hand and the ball landed on Ingram or Randle or something?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 892, 893, 894 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 893 of 1688
Jump to: