OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1061, 1062, 1063 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersARETheGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:05 pm    Post subject:

The Los Angeles Tatters

Jhart next to get tattoos
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:06 pm    Post subject:

no banana boat rides with coach?

http://larrybrownsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/Richard-Jefferson-Luke-Walton-Basketball-Players-Bromance-Vacation-4.jpg
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
Lonzo's been hitting the gym!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkOE5kMHNyE/?hl=en&taken-by=zo

every summer....can nearly set your watch by when the added muscle pictures/stories come out. Not directing anything towards you...but me and a friend (Magic fan) was laughing about this this past week....and admitting we still get sucked in by them. He called it a symptom of "lottery disease"....always looking for any sign of hope.

And of all those stories, this is the time you decide to bring it up. Interesting.

C'mon. He's posted that plenty of times in the Julius, BI and Kuzma thread when someone posted a muscle pic
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:10 pm    Post subject:

anyone got an image of him last year without shirt? I am not seeing it....dude looks like an extremely skinny dude to me tightening/flexing (hands, bowed elbows, visible abs, protruding clavicle's). Probably should not have said anything....will be seen as hating....but that is by no means what I would define as jacked or muscular....maybe slim and athletic?

Also, cannot tell if it is the tattoo and/or lighting....but does Gelo have a gut?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

leor_77 wrote:
PG13 wrote:
leor_77 wrote:
It's pretty unbelievable - His dad is looking like a genius. Because of the circus he created, no one will take/trade for his son.

Are the Lakers trying to trade him?

Any sane person would try to trade him instead of Ingram (and Kuz, for that matter).

Lots of insane posters here then
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
anyone got an image of him last year without shirt? I am not seeing it....dude looks like an extremely skinny dude to me tightening/flexing (hands, bowed elbows, visible abs, protruding clavicle's). Probably should not have said anything....will be seen as hating....but that is by no means what I would define as jacked or muscular....maybe slim and athletic?

Also, cannot tell if it is the tattoo and/or lighting....but does Gelo have a gut?

Obviously he’s flexing. But I think he’s pretty clearly put on some weight.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:14 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:

every summer....can nearly set your watch by when the added muscle pictures/stories come out. Not directing anything towards you...but me and a friend (Magic fan) was laughing about this this past week....and admitting we still get sucked in by them. He called it a symptom of "lottery disease"....always looking for any sign of hope.

And of all those stories, this is the time you decide to bring it up. Interesting.

brought it up recently in the Kuzma thread also....nobody seemed offended when I posted there....

adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kyle Kuzma with those Summer Gainz

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGNrg5gyLL/

He does look bigger.

don't they kind of always....its hard to recall a returning young player that we have had in recent years that there has not been a post about them putting on muscle in the offseason attached to a picture.

It's not just us....every team does this annually. Check out some of the Magic media/boards....they are losing their minds because word is Jon Isaac put on some muscle this summer.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

You lift weights
You get bulky
less basketball = less calories burned = more bulk

Guys looking a little bigger/more muscular in the off season isn't a big deal. A few weeks into the season and they will normalize again with all the cardio.

You guys make such a big deal of this every season lol. What really matters is what new/improved basketball skills they bring into the new season. You can't see or know that from a picture or even a video.

Last thing: I think endurance is much more important than raw strength anyway, so lets hope our guys come back ready to out run the opposition for 48 minutes.

Last edited by defense on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:29 pm    Post subject:

Is it bad that I want Lonzo to improve his FG% from range just to prove haters like Don Maclean wrong.

I've been down on the form too. But I hope he succeeds cause the dude has a lot of people down on him.

Woj is like, "Don't hold your breath," on Lonzo being traded to the Spurs. Puts a light on him that folks around the league don't see or value the upside. Hope Lonzo is hearing this and adding fuel to the fire to become great.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkOE5kMHNyE/

Seriously though ya'll. So many of ya'll were like "We see the other guys working where's Lonzo?" Even when you had evidence or GT telling you that he was in the weight room every other day.

Then Lonzo actually posts a pic of some summer gainz and ya'll are "Yeah well....you're supposed to look bigger during the summer.." and some of you going so far as to say you don't see any difference...

He just can't freaking win with some of ya'll it seems

Last edited by MJST on Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jenn
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:

Turns out you can make music AND get in the gym.

Good God, who knew? <smh>
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

By the way here's a side by side of Lonzo from last year, and his recent pic for those of you that somehow don't see his gains.

https://i.imgur.com/SpouQYt.png
Endless3D
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm jealous as (bleep) of Lonzo's traps, I been trying to get my trap game up to no avail
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:

brought it up recently in the Kuzma thread also....nobody seemed offended when I posted there....

adkindo wrote:
32 wrote:
MJST wrote:
Kyle Kuzma with those Summer Gainz

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkGNrg5gyLL/

He does look bigger.

don't they kind of always....its hard to recall a returning young player that we have had in recent years that there has not been a post about them putting on muscle in the offseason attached to a picture.

It's not just us....every team does this annually. Check out some of the Magic media/boards....they are losing their minds because word is Jon Isaac put on some muscle this summer.

I think there’s a blatantly obvious difference in tone between your posts about Zo than that one. With that said, my mistake.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

He's flexing, but he's made gains.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

I saw that dude with his shirt off 2-3 times a week last season (pause) and he never had a chance of looking like he does in that pic, no matter how hard he tried. It's improvement.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:46 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
By the way here's a side by side of Lonzo from last year, and his recent pic for those of you that somehow don't see his gains.

https://i.imgur.com/SpouQYt.png

That settles that!!
rancar
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
I saw that dude with his shirt off 2-3 times a week last season (pause) and he never had a chance of looking like he does in that pic, no matter how hard he tried. It's improvement.

Dude...
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Looks the same to me.
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Endless3D wrote:
I'm jealous as (bleep) of Lonzo's traps, I been trying to get my trap game up to no avail

Deadlift.

I stopped doing isolation on traps years ago. Not needed.
kobe_luver
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Aren't you glad you asked for a picture from last year to show there isn't much difference?

Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

He looks relatively lean in other places so most likely just bloat.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:58 pm    Post subject:

High contrast lighting and hes obviously flexing.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

Nice (pause) man I’m glad you took the comedy opportunity there instead of leaving it for us haha.

Yeah, he’s not only bigger but all of that baby fat around the mid section is gone. Guy looks like he has been training hard and eating really well.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:07 pm    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
Endless3D wrote:

Deadlift.

I stopped doing isolation on traps years ago. Not needed.

Deadlift, squat, bench press, good mornings, standing overhead barbell extensions are pretty much all you need.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1061, 1062, 1063 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1062 of 1688
Jump to: