OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1562, 1563, 1564 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:33 am    Post subject:

As a Love Doctor I feel I am qualified to say that this team is nothing without Lonzo Ball. We can argue Lebron or Kobe. We can argue if Ingram has potential or should we trade him for a G-League Gatorade cooler. We can argue Kuzma vs DLO. But we can not argue how important Lonzo Ball is to this team. You can try, but the Love Doctor has spoken.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Great, but given that you haven’t examined him and are just reacting to the same media reports as everyone else, you’re just speculating like the rest of us. Otherwise, I’d defer to you. Earlier, we had a doctor on Twitter opining that this injury was no big deal based on the TV footage.

This would be true if everyone who is speculating held a medical license and had 2 decades of experience in practice.

I wasn't that doctor that spoke stupidly. You're not a doctor. And all opinions don't carry the same weight even when speculating.

I haven't examined Lonzo...but herein lies the difference between us...If both of us were given the opportunity to examine him, only one of us would know what we're doing. In situations like that I tend to listen to the person who knows more than I do rather than attempt to equate my opinion with that of someone who is licensed, trained and has much more experience than myself.

As more information about the injury comes out I will modify and adjust my professional opinion accordingly. But I can assure you based upon the information presented my medical point of view is very sound.

And I still don't know how that wasn't a blocking foul...but whatever...doesn't change the fact that unless LeBron goes godmode we're screwed.

In fairness, in your last iteration you threw your credentials around and I and a few of the mods did a little bit of research. Enough that you'd want to be real careful where the line of this goes. All good right now, and I appreciate that you have more knowledge than the average layperson, but don't lay it on too thick...

In fairness homeslice didn't have to respond to me like I'm some internet MD on here...that's on him and the only reason why I would ever 'throw my credentials' around. Although I'm not sure how saying that I'm a doctor, that he's not, that I have experience and he doesn't is 'throwing anything around'...it's just telling it like it is where I come from.

PM me if you want to validate my credentials, I'll give them all to you and my phone number so we can talk, I'm always down for that...want to see my licensing? no problem, I'll show you, you don't have to search for me...curious about my copyrights? no problem, I'll send you a free copy of one of my books...curious about my school? no problem I'll even take you on a virtual tour...need to confirm that I actually really know what I'm talking about? I'll put you on the phone with one of my patients...want to find out if I'm FOS or not? I'll put you on the phone with one of my graduates who are making what I teach them work in the real world.

When it comes to health and the human body I have EARNED the right to speak intelligently about it. I'm right here...I don't lie...I don't pretend...and I don't hide from anyone over anything. It's not in my DNA.

What I bolded from you sounds an awful lot like a threat to me. Was that your intention? Very curious...Because if you want to call me on the carpet we can jump on a FB live right now, no prep, and you can ask me anything about health, cellular repair, essential repair, how long it takes, therapeutic amounts. I have over 200 hours of recorded presentations on scientifically backed nutrition alone. I speak truth.

And if I don't know something...I'll tell you the 3 most important words a man of integrity can say...I...Don't...Know...because I don't know everything, and don't pretend to...but what I know, I know. What I've earned, I've earned. And what I say I do, I do.

It's not about laying anything on thick...it's about speaking truth about what you know. When I know something I speak. When I don't I listen...pretty good rule of thumb for everyone even though in this age of 'I have an opinion therefore I am' it's seldom respected.

Your boy elected to talk with me and insinuate that his POV is equal to mine on this topic...he's entitled to believe that nonsense if he wants to save face...but that don't make it the truth.

No disrespect intended to anyone here...just understand that I put in my work, I paid my dues to earn the right to speak, and I won't ever apologize for knowing what I know.

Helping people like I do is a privilege. Speaking truth is an obligation. I'd like to believe that when I meet my maker I can humbly say I've done both to the best of my ability.

Peace Be With You.

I already got the tour, thanks. Let’s just say it was interesting, and I have no interest in going there in public as long as you aren’t going to cut off dialogue with the I am a doctor and you aren’t thing. Deal?

But there’s others who would appreciate this going public. Now I really wanna know if he’s credible or not. We need answers!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
As a Love Doctor I feel I am qualified to say that this team is nothing without Lonzo Ball. We can argue Lebron or Kobe. We can argue if Ingram has potential or should we trade him for a G-League Gatorade cooler. We can argue Kuzma vs DLO. But we can not argue how important Lonzo Ball is to this team. You can try, but the Love Doctor has spoken.

This team is nothing if he's always injured. He missed 30 games in his rookie season and now he could miss another 20+. He also had knee surgery this summer. His durability is still in question.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

This team is nothing if he's always injured. He missed 30 games in his rookie season and now he could miss another 20+. He also had knee surgery this summer. His durability is still in question.

Yea. Ankles are a crap shoot so I’m remaining optimistic but 2 ankle injuries, a shoulder injury, and knee surgery are worrisome. Besides the knee they’ve all been injuries that are natural to playing ball which makes me think it could be derived from being young and not filled out yet.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Great, but given that you haven’t examined him and are just reacting to the same media reports as everyone else, you’re just speculating like the rest of us. Otherwise, I’d defer to you. Earlier, we had a doctor on Twitter opining that this injury was no big deal based on the TV footage.

This would be true if everyone who is speculating held a medical license and had 2 decades of experience in practice.

I wasn't that doctor that spoke stupidly. You're not a doctor. And all opinions don't carry the same weight even when speculating.

I haven't examined Lonzo...but herein lies the difference between us...If both of us were given the opportunity to examine him, only one of us would know what we're doing. In situations like that I tend to listen to the person who knows more than I do rather than attempt to equate my opinion with that of someone who is licensed, trained and has much more experience than myself.

As more information about the injury comes out I will modify and adjust my professional opinion accordingly. But I can assure you based upon the information presented my medical point of view is very sound.

And I still don't know how that wasn't a blocking foul...but whatever...doesn't change the fact that unless LeBron goes godmode we're screwed.

In fairness, in your last iteration you threw your credentials around and I and a few of the mods did a little bit of research. Enough that you'd want to be real careful where the line of this goes. All good right now, and I appreciate that you have more knowledge than the average layperson, but don't lay it on too thick...

Do you and the other mods do this kind of "research" for every poster that says their credentials? and how exactly did you research him?
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Over the last 14 games, the Lakers are never worse on defense than when Lonzo Ball sits, giving up 111.2 points per 100 possessions while he’s on the bench (compared to 103.2 when he plays). He’s going to be hard for the team to replace.

https://twitter.com/hmfaigen/status/1087610775164858368?s=19

We need Bron to comeback in a week or so and Rondo to stay healthy. Else playoff chances will be in jeopardy. Worst time to be without ZO.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:26 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Do you and the other mods do this kind of "research" for every poster that says their credentials? and how exactly did you research him?

They better check the credentials of that love doctor
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Dr Phil, is that you?
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:27 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Don Draper wrote:
Hey y'all, I'm a doctor* too.

*A doctor of philosophy...

I didn't know that! Just PMed you a political philosophy question that has been driving me nuts for years.

Yes, If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, it STILL makes a sound.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Curry's was in question early in his career too
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:33 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

In fairness homeslice didn't have to respond to me like I'm some internet MD on here...that's on him and the only reason why I would ever 'throw my credentials' around. Although I'm not sure how saying that I'm a doctor, that he's not, that I have experience and he doesn't is 'throwing anything around'...it's just telling it like it is where I come from.

PM me if you want to validate my credentials, I'll give them all to you and my phone number so we can talk, I'm always down for that...want to see my licensing? no problem, I'll show you, you don't have to search for me...curious about my copyrights? no problem, I'll send you a free copy of one of my books...curious about my school? no problem I'll even take you on a virtual tour...need to confirm that I actually really know what I'm talking about? I'll put you on the phone with one of my patients...want to find out if I'm FOS or not? I'll put you on the phone with one of my graduates who are making what I teach them work in the real world.

When it comes to health and the human body I have EARNED the right to speak intelligently about it. I'm right here...I don't lie...I don't pretend...and I don't hide from anyone over anything. It's not in my DNA.

What I bolded from you sounds an awful lot like a threat to me. Was that your intention? Very curious...Because if you want to call me on the carpet we can jump on a FB live right now, no prep, and you can ask me anything about health, cellular repair, essential repair, how long it takes, therapeutic amounts. I have over 200 hours of recorded presentations on scientifically backed nutrition alone. I speak truth.

And if I don't know something...I'll tell you the 3 most important words a man of integrity can say...I...Don't...Know...because I don't know everything, and don't pretend to...but what I know, I know. What I've earned, I've earned. And what I say I do, I do.

It's not about laying anything on thick...it's about speaking truth about what you know. When I know something I speak. When I don't I listen...pretty good rule of thumb for everyone even though in this age of 'I have an opinion therefore I am' it's seldom respected.

Your boy elected to talk with me and insinuate that his POV is equal to mine on this topic...he's entitled to believe that nonsense if he wants to save face...but that don't make it the truth.

No disrespect intended to anyone here...just understand that I put in my work, I paid my dues to earn the right to speak, and I won't ever apologize for knowing what I know.

Helping people like I do is a privilege. Speaking truth is an obligation. I'd like to believe that when I meet my maker I can humbly say I've done both to the best of my ability.

Peace Be With You.

I already got the tour, thanks. Let’s just say it was interesting, and I have no interest in going there in public as long as you aren’t going to cut off dialogue with the I am a doctor and you aren’t thing. Deal?

But there’s others who would appreciate this going public. Now I really wanna know if he’s credible or not. We need answers!
You could ask him to show his tax return.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:40 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

I didn't know that! Just PMed you a political philosophy question that has been driving me nuts for years.

Yes, If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around, it STILL makes a sound.
I thought the question was: If a baby poops, and no one is around to smell it, does it still stink?
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
32 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

Yea. Ankles are a crap shoot so I’m remaining optimistic but 2 ankle injuries, a shoulder injury, and knee surgery are worrisome. Besides the knee they’ve all been injuries that are natural to playing ball which makes me think it could be derived from being young and not filled out yet.
It's a man's league. I'd recommend that he stopped eating those salads we see him eating on TV, and start eating some meat and potatoes this summer.

In all seriousness, before Luke was born, his dad was a skinny, health food eating hippie who continually had nagging injuries during his early career.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
32 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

It's a man's league. I'd recommend that he stopped eating those salads we see him eating on TV, and start eating some meat and potatoes this summer.

In all seriousness, before Luke was born, his dad was a skinny, health food eating hippie who continually had nagging injuries during his early career.

In my limited experience watching the reality show it doesn’t look like Lonzo eats like a skinny health food hippie.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:

I concur. Lonzo's contributions to this team are truly out of this world.

I'm an astronaut, so, end of discussion!
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

How would you market Lonzo?
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

It shouldn't shock me that some people barge in her blaming Lonzo for his injury and calling him injury prone. And it doesn't.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

He'll likely never reach the elite level of marketability, but, he has some things going for him. Right now, he needs to work on his game and find his trademark. Something unique that people will know him for. His game is still evolving so it's tough to say but ... if I had to do it based on what I have seen so far?

I'd focus on his quick hands on defense and push a "Fastest Hands in the West" type narrative.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
It shouldn't shock me that some people barge in her blaming Lonzo for his injury and calling him injury prone. And it doesn't.

His durability should be in question at this point.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
32 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

In my limited experience watching the reality show it doesn’t look like Lonzo eats like a skinny health food hippie.
So you're saying you watch? Up next, The Kardashians.

I saw a short portion of ?backstage? and saw him eat a salad, so I jumped to conclusions about what he eats each day.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
lakersboy wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
32 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

So you're saying you watch? Up next, The Kardashians.

I saw a short portion of ?backstage? and saw him eat a salad, so I jumped to conclusions about what he eats each day.

Yea wasn’t much better than the Kardashians.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
governator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:

He'll likely never reach the elite level of marketability, but, he has some things going for him. Right now, he needs to work on his game and find his trademark. Something unique that people will know him for. His game is still evolving so it's tough to say but ... if I had to do it based on what I have seen so far?

I'd focus on his quick hands on defense and push a "Fastest Hands in the West" type narrative.

'Ball Control' - Lavar
Don Draper
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Don Draper wrote:

Sent you a reply. I'm pretty sure that's what your professor was talking about. But it's always possible they were referencing some arcane theory I've never come across. Or just made it up.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

this injury is bad on so many fronts. the biggest part is Lonzo finally gets into rhythm offensively, now even after he comes back healthy, it'll take him another few months to regain the same rhythm.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:42 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

We sometimes fact check the information stated within a post made publicly on this forum, which is what Omar was referring to.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1562, 1563, 1564 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1563 of 1688
Jump to: