OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1563, 1564, 1565 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Why are we talking about Lonzo Ball in here? I thought this was the "credentials" thread.

Hi. My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:14 pm    Post subject:

They say 4-6 weeks for Lonzo but I think it will be longer than that. We have to see how he comes back after this injury. Its been slow progress for him and sadly when he comes back he might regress back to the start. We’ll have to be patient and not expect much out of the youngin until he’s been on the court for a month or two.
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:48 pm    Post subject:

4-6 weeks means out for the season on this team.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Lakeshow323 wrote:
4-6 weeks means out for the season on this team.

Wouldn't be surprised.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

I think he will be back in 3 weeks. He is going to yoga it back to health like Jordan Farmar
Swagron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
Why are we talking about Lonzo Ball in here? I thought this was the "credentials" thread.

Hi. My name is George. I'm unemployed and I live with my parents.

PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:27 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
https://youtu.be/2u3PiYwFRoY

Based on this, I will be amazed if he plays again this year.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:34 am    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Thanks. This guy is really good
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

Wino wrote:
PICKnPOP wrote:

Based on this, I will be amazed if he plays again this year.

Gotta pray that those ligaments connect back up quick and completely.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Man, when I rewatch it, I swear I have seen worse looking ankle injuries. I mean, Brandon's looked WAY worse than what Ball sustained.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Man, when I rewatch it, I swear I have seen worse looking ankle injuries. I mean, Brandon's looked WAY worse than what Ball sustained.

Kinda makes me think he has glass ankles. To have a grade 3 sprain after simply planting your foot seems pretty extreme to me. I’ve had a grade 3 sprain but it was from landing awkward as hell on someones foot after trying to dunk in traffic
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Kinda makes me think he has glass ankles. To have a grade 3 sprain after simply planting your foot seems pretty extreme to me. I’ve had a grade 3 sprain but it was from landing awkward as hell on someones foot after trying to dunk in traffic

I wouldn’t try and decipher his durability from how he sprained it. My worst sprain(of MANY) was a bad grade 2 and it happened during a retreat dribble where I wasn’t even moving with any explosion. I’ve landed on feet etc and never had one as bad. Ankles are weird. The worrisome thing is that this isn’t the first time, far from it. Curry’s ankle issues are allowing me to remain optimistic though.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LKA wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I wouldn’t try and decipher his durability from how he sprained it. My worst sprain(of MANY) was a bad grade 2 and it happened during a retreat dribble where I wasn’t even moving with any explosion. I’ve landed on feet etc and never had one as bad. Ankles are weird. The worrisome thing is that this isn’t the first time, far from it. Curry’s ankle issues are allowing me to remain optimistic though.

You’re right tho ankles can be weird. Sometimes the real bad looking ones don’t turn out too bad.
I just get nervous remembering watching Curry earlier in his career, dude couldn’t walk up the court without rolling his ankle 😂
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LKA wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

You’re right tho ankles can be weird. Sometimes the real bad looking ones don’t turn out too bad.
I just get nervous remembering watching Curry earlier in his career, dude couldn’t walk up the court without rolling his ankle 😂

Yea I think Lonzo has some more natural growth to do that will strengthen his ankles and other limbs/joints. Add that to additional ankle strengthening workouts/rehab etc and hopefully he can outgrow this issue.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
LKA wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

A couple of times my ankle turned into the size of a grapefruit. One of those times I recall hearing every possible ligament in my ankle tearing. I didnt have it diagnosed, and I was trying to play basketball within about a month, knowing that I shouldn't. I had puffiness in my leg as a result of the injury. Also, my ankle was tender and vulnerable when moving laterally. I couldn't resist taking chances. I was in my twenties and it was over two months before I was right again.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I had the exact same injury, on the same foot going the same direction. I wasn’t playing ball tho, was drunk walking around the snowy streets of Chicago and slipped on some black ice off a curb.

It was the most painful injury I’d ever have. It was very painful and swollen for 2 weeks. . The next two weeks were moderately painful and it was tender to the touch. It felt better after 4 weeks, but still hurt moderately on and off for 6 months and would often get stiff and have some small shooting pains.

My guess would be that by the time he’s ready to come back in 6 weeks we will be out of the playoff picture and he won’t play the rest of the season.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
I had the exact same injury, on the same foot going the same direction. I wasn’t playing ball tho, was drunk walking around the snowy streets of Chicago and slipped on some black ice off a curb.

It was the most painful injury I’d ever have. It was very painful and swollen for 2 weeks. . The next two weeks were moderately painful and it was tender to the touch. It felt better after 4 weeks, but still hurt moderately on and off for 6 months and would often get stiff and have some small shooting pains.

My guess would be that by the time he’s ready to come back in 6 weeks we will be out of the playoff picture and he won’t play the rest of the season.

Did you have a treatment & rehab routine for it or just let things happen as they happened?
BennyLava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Isn't the left foot that a righty typically jumps off? I suspect that he may favor that foot and limit his "aggressiveness" as a result, at least until it has fully healed.

What that does to his game in the short term remains to be seen.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:

Did you have a treatment & rehab routine for it or just let things happen as they happened?

Got a walking boot and had doctor visits bi weekly and had a stretching regimen after week 2. I mean it was Kaiser Permanente lol, I’m sure Lonzo has better doctors and is in better shape than I was. Still, for it to be 100% I can’t imagine it’d be sooner than 3 months regardless of the treatment.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 11:36 pm    Post subject:

Just needs some acupuncture
KingKobe20
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:51 am    Post subject:

BennyLava wrote:
Isn't the left foot that a righty typically jumps off? I suspect that he may favor that foot and limit his "aggressiveness" as a result, at least until it has fully healed.

It is the correct side to boost off of when you are taking off on one foot.
Whereas Lonzo mixes it up with a one foot or a two foot takeoff.

3rd degree ankle sprains are the worst. I predict 2 months.
JJin77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Just needs some acupuncture

For a grade 1 type of minor injury it really does work like a charm
AncientMariner
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:49 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:

Also had this injury but I was playing football in high school and got crunched by this dude twice my size during an "Oklahoma" drill . Initially they told me 6 weeks - which meant I might've been able to play in our last game that season. I could barely walk on it after 8 weeks. I would be pleasantly surprised if he plays again this year.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2019 5:56 am    Post subject:

I had a grade 3 sprain on my right foot once, playing basketball.

I was playing pickup at a park and I jumped between two guys for a layup. One of them accidentaly hit my waist with his shoulder and I fell over my ankle. I teared 3 ligaments and I have instability until this day (this was 2013).

It was really really really painful. I had to stay 4 weeks with immobilization and it took me almost 3 months to go back playing. Of course I didn't have the same kind of elite rehab Lonzo will have, but looking at my experience and other buddies with similar injuries, I'd say around 8 weeks sounds more realistic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1563, 1564, 1565 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1564 of 1688
Jump to: