OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1620, 1621, 1622 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
So dude should have the injury prone label now right?

This one was a freak roll of the ankle. I think calling him a slow healer is fair though.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

When it rains it pours

What really stinks is, he was finally starting to play with confidence and aggression.
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:34 pm    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
So dude should have the injury prone label now right?

Small sample size but if he doesn't come back this year, that's 65 games missed due to injury over his first two years. I don't think there are many guys who have missed over 65 games over that time span.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo needs to prove he can stay healthy.. that means this summer he needs to use more nutrition and take care of his diet, or else the Lakers are just gonna trade him becaus or his lack of ability to stay healthy... and heck if we end up getting Davis this summer then Lonzo is guaranteed to be in the deal.. so it might not matter what Lonzo does this summer to stay injury-free that would be the Pelicans problem.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:04 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
where24happens wrote:
[McMenamin] Luke Walton says it’s possible that Lonzo Ball misses the remainder of the season. Walton says Ball is not close to a return. He hasn’t done anything outside of dribbling drills and standstill shooting after injuring his ankle on Jan. 19. Ball will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter

Walton said it doesn’t look like Lonzo Ball is close to being able to play, and acknowledged it’s a possibility that he doesn’t return this season. Of course, it’s possible he does play, but it’s important that he’s fully healthy and has an offseason for continued development.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again: Lonzo is weak, both physically and mentally.

What looked in the moment like maybe a 2-3 week injury turned into a 4-6 week injury, and now it could be a three month injury, or maybe even more.

Some guys' bodies (like Bill Walton and Andrew Toney) just weren't built to make it through entire NBA seasons in one piece. But Lonzo also has this nonchalant attitude that makes it seem like he doesn't care that much about the game, or that he lacks passion and desire. If he's able to train this whole offseason then we'll start to get a read on that.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
What looked in the moment like maybe a 2-3 week injury turned into a 4-6 week injury, and now it could be a three month injury, or maybe even more.

I don't think that's fair. It was a Grade 3 ankle sprain. That's a complete tear of the ligament. A lot of us were skeptical of the 4-6 week prognosis, and unfortunately we turned out to be right. It's not Ball's fault that the ligament tear was so severe. It just sucks.

I'm not ready to declare someone injury prone, much less physically and mentally weak, based on two injuries. I don't think anyone is tough enough to come back from a Grade 3 sprain and play NBA basketball in less time than Ball has been out. On the other hand, I am ready to declare Ball unlucky.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

He needs to do proper weight training to prevent these injuries more often, similar to what Curry did.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:21 pm    Post subject:

He needs more than general training. He needs strength training and a change of diet.
Also, no more K-Mart shoes
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

Wear some Nikes.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 6:50 pm    Post subject:

My April 1st guess turned out to be optimistic...

Los Angeles Lakers coach Luke Walton said Friday it's possible Lonzo Ball will miss the remainder of the season as he deals with a bone bruise related to a Grade 3 ankle sprain he suffered Jan. 19.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26194041/walton-lonzo-not-return-lakers-year
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:02 pm    Post subject:

It’s quite possible, we won’t see Lonzo play for the Lakers again, so don’t be excited about what he does this summer just yet...

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
slavavov wrote:

I don't think that's fair. It was a Grade 3 ankle sprain. That's a complete tear of the ligament. A lot of us were skeptical of the 4-6 week prognosis, and unfortunately we turned out to be right. It's not Ball's fault that the ligament tear was so severe. It just sucks.

I'm not ready to declare someone injury prone, much less physically and mentally weak, based on two injuries. I don't think anyone is tough enough to come back from a Grade 3 sprain and play NBA basketball in less time than Ball has been out. On the other hand, I am ready to declare Ball unlucky.

When the injury happened and I saw the slo-mo replay, it didn't look like one where we were sure it would be a complete tear. It looked pretty bad, but not necessarily as bad as it turned out. Some other guys in the league could've rolled their ankle the same exact way and had, say, a Grade 2 or even a Grade 1 sprain. It probably all depends on things like your inherent lower body strength, how much strength and "padding" you add on during training, body control and agility and so on.

I really hope I'm wrong about Lonzo being physically and mentally weak, because I like his passing and ball-handling, and I love his defense. But that brings us to another problem he has - his offense. How much desire and work ethic does he really have to overhaul that part of his game so that in the near future he'll shoot at least 45% and 37% from downtown every season?
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
where24happens wrote:
[McMenamin] Luke Walton says it’s possible that Lonzo Ball misses the remainder of the season. Walton says Ball is not close to a return. He hasn’t done anything outside of dribbling drills and standstill shooting after injuring his ankle on Jan. 19. Ball will be re-evaluated tomorrow.

Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter

Walton said it doesn’t look like Lonzo Ball is close to being able to play, and acknowledged it’s a possibility that he doesn’t return this season. Of course, it’s possible he does play, but it’s important that he’s fully healthy and has an offseason for continued development.

I'll say it before and I'll say it again: Lonzo is weak, both physically and mentally.

Some guys' bodies (like Bill Walton and Andrew Toney) just weren't built to make it through entire NBA seasons in one piece. But Lonzo also has this nonchalant attitude that makes it seem like he doesn't care that much about the game, or that he lacks passion and desire. If he's able to train this whole offseason then we'll start to get a read on that.

I hope somebody twists your ankle into a pretzel while you have a career and millions of dollars on the line, then come back to an anonymous message board and see if you can still talk tough.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

Weak ass brother, get and stay healthy
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
where24happens wrote:

Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter

I hope somebody twists your ankle into a pretzel while you have a career and millions of dollars on the line, then come back to an anonymous message board and see if you can still talk tough.

Let's not compare a skinny Jew like myself to a pro athlete like Lonzo.

Like I said, some guys have plenty of talent and make it to the NBA, but physically they just don't have the frame or structural support to prevent frequent, chronic injuries. From what I've read, Bill Walton and Andrew Toney were like this. In my lifetime Andrew Bynum comes to mind. If Lonzo is like that too, it's not really his fault that he's "weak". He'll just have to work harder than some other NBA players to incorporate certain injury prevention workouts and techniques into his overall training.

His knees have held up this season, and that's a great sign after what happened last year.
ducasse2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 1:14 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
It’s quite possible, we won’t see Lonzo play for the Lakers again, so don’t be excited about what he does this summer just yet...

Seems unlikely he is moved. Lakers won't get much until he shows he can stay healthy.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:04 am    Post subject:

Wasn't Ball hobbling in the NCAA tournament? I remember he was dealing with some sort of hamstring issue?
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
where24happens wrote:

Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter

Why would you wish that on anyone?
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

At least we didn't draft Fultz who's been a bigger bust and more injured but yeah not a promising future with Zo and BI as we has assumed will be.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:23 am    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
Wasn't Ball hobbling in the NCAA tournament? I remember he was dealing with some sort of hamstring issue?

Yes.

Suffering a few injuries in short order doesn’t mean he has some genetic predisposition to injuries. The entire lower body is connected. From the back and hips down to the ankle. If his hips are weak or his back is tight, or something similar in his leg muscles, then it puts his entire lower body at risk. This risk can be greatly reduced by the right training methods. And I don’t trust his dad to coach him in these modern techniques. The Lakers need to have the right training team in place. It should not be that hard to do. SoCal is the world capital of fitness trainers. There should be some good ones eager to help.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:59 am    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
And I don’t trust his dad to coach him in these modern techniques. The Lakers need to have the right training team in place. It should not be that hard to do. SoCal is the world capital of fitness trainers. There should be some good ones eager to help.

Sadly I don't trust the Lakers trainers either. And yes, being in SoCal, it shouldn't be difficult to upgrade the training staff to world class. There is no reason to not have the best, most innovative trainers in the world when your team is in L.A.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
LongBeachPoly wrote:

Yes.

Suffering a few injuries in short order doesn’t mean he has some genetic predisposition to injuries. The entire lower body is connected. From the back and hips down to the ankle. If his hips are weak or his back is tight, or something similar in his leg muscles, then it puts his entire lower body at risk. This risk can be greatly reduced by the right training methods. And I don’t trust his dad to coach him in these modern techniques. The Lakers need to have the right training team in place. It should not be that hard to do. SoCal is the world capital of fitness trainers. There should be some good ones eager to help.

CP3 might not have a genetic predisposition to injuries either. But, he seems to get hurt more than others.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

LongBeachPoly wrote:
trablos wrote:
slavavov wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
where24happens wrote:

Mike Trudell

@LakersReporter

Why would you wish that on anyone?

emotions run hot

But seriously i too wish I twisted my ankle bad while playing in the NBA. Because I've already twisted it bad without the millions in my bank account
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

Nothing shocking about the Lakers original timetable being totally off and Zo being done for the season. Hopefully, he can get over his injury issues like DLo seems to have.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I still hope he gets back on the court, at least then we can see some evidence that he's recovered. Hopefully he gets a full summer of work in this summer.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1620, 1621, 1622 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1621 of 1688
Jump to: