OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1625, 1626, 1627 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

with how Lavar apparently brushed off Lonzos concerns I cant help but wonder if Lavar was somehow in on the take
his lifestyle seemingly upgraded just as much as Lonzo's has after he went to the NBA and Im skeptical that the Facebook shows and BBB earnings (which has to be operating in the Red) is funding it all
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

greek laker wrote:
Have you ever heard something about d aaron Fox?About Devin Booker?
About Jason Tatum? Do they even have girlfriends? Do they have parents?

The difference is playing in the small city’s no one cares . In LA it’s different beast. Either way he isn’t first athlete or celebrity to get finessed for his money . We here stories like that all the time
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:31 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
ocho wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
So now BBB is a mess. I didn’t realize Lonzo owned 51%.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26323950/los-angeles-lakers-guard-lonzo-ball-severs-ties-big-baller-brand-co-owner-allegations-15-million-unaccounted-espn

It's always the people closest to you, Alan is a slimeball.

It's a very sad, all too familiar story.

At least they caught him this early on. 1.5 mil(if that’s really the damage) isn’t too bad given the situation. Many guys have been ripped off for much worse, he got lucky his financial advisor figured it out this quickly.
Exactly, 1.5 is nothing compared to what TD and so many others have lost.

If I'm Lonzo, this is where I separate family and business.
still trying to make a son separate from his father huh. lol. unless we have info that pops is taking money. otherwise. one thing doesnt have to do with the other.

Do you know how many players that never even knew their fathers or didnt have their family in their business end up getting jacked by a friend that turned into an accountant or manager or agent for them? or worse, they were jacked by a stranger that they hired who was a professional in one of these fields and became great friends to later find out they got jacked by the guy. this aint new. so please lets not go the extra mile talking about family and business. there are all sorts of great family businesses out there.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:33 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
tony wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
ocho wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/26323950/los-angeles-lakers-guard-lonzo-ball-severs-ties-big-baller-brand-co-owner-allegations-15-million-unaccounted-espn

At least they caught him this early on. 1.5 mil(if that’s really the damage) isn’t too bad given the situation. Many guys have been ripped off for much worse, he got lucky his financial advisor figured it out this quickly.

Wouldn’t this make you wanna keep the business in the family? An outside guy ripped him off not a family member.
They basically considered him family with how they referred to him, how he was at all the family events etc.

I put the blame on Lavar with how arrogant he acts and basically (bleep) his son over listening to his yes man.
lol another excuse to pile back on lavar because you never liked lavar to begin with. has nothing to do with any of that. a close family friend jacked the family. it is what it is. time to move on. glad they caught it early.

truth is, zo's injury may have been a blessing in disguise. all this time may have made him or gave him the time to listen to his financial advisor.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
Watching their reality show, you could just sense he was a yes man/hype man and had bad intentions. Only a matter of time, this is why you have to separate family/friends from business sometimes.
tony, cut it out. you couldnt sense a darn thing. I triple dare you to post a quote from the past while you were watching that show where you said something like this. i 'll be waiting for those quotes.
hindsight is always 20/20. you dont have to stretch it. the close family friend darn near a brother to lavar and darn near an extra uncle to the ball brothers. its a sad day. but this has happened to a lot of your favorite players. by the way did you know why old man kareem came back to play for the lakers? go look it up.

what happened to tim duncan? go look it up. on and on again in every sport and other entertainers you hear these stories. that means there are more stories you never here that are happening out there.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
with how Lavar apparently brushed off Lonzos concerns I cant help but wonder if Lavar was somehow in on the take
his lifestyle seemingly upgraded just as much as Lonzo's has after he went to the NBA and Im skeptical that the Facebook shows and BBB earnings (which has to be operating in the Red) is funding it all

Lavar is a big mouth but.. that would be pretty low. I don't think he has that in him.

I think he's more likely to tell Ball what he needs him to give him lol.. rather than taking it underhandedly.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

Lavar is a big mouth but.. that would be pretty low. I don't think he has that in him.

I think he's more likely to tell Ball what he needs him to give him lol.. rather than taking it underhandedly.

Yup.

Was Lavar incompetent and gullible by trusting his guy over guaranteed Nike money? Yes.

Was Lavar in on the take with his Fast Eddie? I think that is a bit of a stretch for me.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:19 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
tony wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
tony wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
ocho wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

Wouldn’t this make you wanna keep the business in the family? An outside guy ripped him off not a family member.
They basically considered him family with how they referred to him, how he was at all the family events etc.

I put the blame on Lavar with how arrogant he acts and basically (bleep) his son over listening to his yes man.
lol another excuse to pile back on lavar because you never liked lavar to begin with. has nothing to do with any of that. a close family friend jacked the family.

Did you read the article? It has everything to do with Lavar.
He essentially vetted the guy over objections of Lonzo and other professionals.

Not reading emails warning you of potential fraud, and having it read to you, five months after the fact - that's beyond incompetent, its gross negligence. If this was any other business and not a family business, he'd be fired.

splashmtn wrote:

so please lets not go the extra mile talking about family and business. there are all sorts of great family businesses out there.

Yes, i agree there a great family businesses out there. This is not one of those cases. In fact, this is "how not to run your family business" 101.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Big Baller Brand still has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Lonzo should fire everyone involved and hire a new operations chief... then fulfill all the orders people didn't get out of his own pocket.

If he still can't turn a profit, he should close the company down and get contract with a regular shoe company.

People feel sorry for Lonzo but his company has been scamming people for two years... To a poor person, the price of the shoes might be proportionately as much as the amount the partner stole.

No excuse to be a multimillionaire and stealing shoe money from regular folk whether intentionally or by benign neglect or stupidity.

This needs to stop immediately.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/chino-hills/profile/online-retailer/big-baller-brand-1066-850024341
l4kerz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:43 am    Post subject:

Lonzo has too many distractions to focus on basketball
- BBB business (shoe quality, sales, and now, ownership control and impending lawsuits)
- New fatherhood
- Marriage/honeymoon?
- Rap
- TV show

Last edited by l4kerz on Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

^ yeah ...not too many innocents involved in that scheme . Better off buring that story instead of using to explain poor business practices
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:

That’s idiotic
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

I just want to say that Ball in the Family is actually a good facebook show, I hope it stays cause I wanna continue to watch it.
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

That’s idiotic

Probably so but something doesn't quite pass the smell test here with this story.
The $1.5 mil is really just a drop in the bucket compared to the $ he lost by not signing a shoe contract with Nike or Adidas when his name was red hot two years ago coming out of UCLA. That is the big $ he will likely never recoup at this stage.
Maybe this is Lavar and Lonzo's way of gracefully getting out of this BBB nonsense now that it's clear it will never rival any of the big name shoe companies. It just seems ludicrous, esp in this day and age when this type of information is so easy to obtain, that they had no idea about this guy Alan Foster's criminal past.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

daytripper wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
audioaxes wrote:

That’s idiotic

Probably so but something doesn't quite pass the smell test here with this story.
The $1.5 mil is really just a drop in the bucket compared to the $ he lost by not signing a shoe contract with Nike or Adidas when his name was red hot two years ago coming out of UCLA. That is the big $ he will likely never recoup at this stage.
Maybe this is Lavar and Lonzo's way of gracefully getting out of this BBB nonsense now that it's clear it will never rival any of the big name shoe companies. It just seems ludicrous, esp in this day and age when this type of information is so easy to obtain, that they had no idea about this guy Alan Foster's criminal past.

Foster is a con man. Con-men prey on people's trust. It is just a fact of life. I get that Lavar and Lonzo aren't well-liked but blaming them for being scammed is misguided. They should've run a background check but so much of building a startup from the ground up is just having people you trust and who believe in your vision. Foster made them believe he was all of those things.

I'm not a fan of BBB and don't own any of their products, but I've always applauded their entrepreneurial spirit. They are trailblazers. One of these days a star will succeed in creating his own brand, and they'll have an example of what to do and not do. Being the first is never easy. Even Jordan Brand partnered with Nike. Personally I root for the underdog willing to stand up to the sneaker giants. More competition in a free market is a great thing.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 12:53 pm    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
I just want to say that Ball in the Family is actually a good facebook show, I hope it stays cause I wanna continue to watch it.

That's one thing certain to stay. All those who watch the show will be waiting to see Alan drama now. Just like Liangelo in China episodes.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
tony wrote:
Watching their reality show, you could just sense he was a yes man/hype man and had bad intentions. Only a matter of time, this is why you have to separate family/friends from business sometimes.
tony, cut it out. you couldnt sense a darn thing. I triple dare you to post a quote from the past while you were watching that show where you said something like this. i 'll be waiting for those quotes.
hindsight is always 20/20. you dont have to stretch it. the close family friend darn near a brother to lavar and darn near an extra uncle to the ball brothers. its a sad day. but this has happened to a lot of your favorite players. by the way did you know why old man kareem came back to play for the lakers? go look it up.

what happened to tim duncan? go look it up. on and on again in every sport and other entertainers you hear these stories. that means there are more stories you never here that are happening out there.
Dude, get off Lavar's dick. He was entertaining at first and he raised some solid kids but he is clearly living his dream through his kids.

Read the article yourself. At the end of the day this falls on Lavar. He didn't do his due diligence, he allowed a convicted criminal who had a history of this to be his right hand man, and in the end he screwed over another one of his son.
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 2:05 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
tony wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
ocho wrote:
Fracture wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:

still trying to make a son separate from his father huh. lol. unless we have info that pops is taking money. otherwise. one thing doesnt have to do with the other.

Do you know how many players that never even knew their fathers or didnt have their family in their business end up getting jacked by a friend that turned into an accountant or manager or agent for them? or worse, they were jacked by a stranger that they hired who was a professional in one of these fields and became great friends to later find out they got jacked by the guy. this aint new. so please lets not go the extra mile talking about family and business. there are all sorts of great family businesses out there.
Yes, there are great family businesses but this is not one of them. It's quite obvious you didn't even read the article with the way you're coming at me lol
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

He's probably joining Nike based on his Instagram post. Or at least he's insinuating that.

His injuries aren't due to his sneakers, but let's see if this helps.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:10 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:
He's probably joining Nike based on his Instagram post. Or at least he's insinuating that.

LeBron liked the post and he unfollowed BBB, so that's probably the case.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

but is it as good as vanderpump rules
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

akk7 wrote:

Lakers Question Lonzo Ball's BBB Shoes Due To Frequent Ankle Injuries

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/253054/Lakers-Question-Lonzo-Balls-BBB-Shoes-Due-To-Frequent-Ankle-Injuries

The Los Angeles Lakers questioned Lonzo Ball whether his Big Baller Brand shoes were the cause of his ankle injuries.

"Yeah, they talked to me. They asked me about it, and I told 'em, 'I feel comfortable. If I wasn't comfortable, I wouldn't play in 'em. If I didn't play in [his signature BBB shoes], I'd play in Kobe [Bryant's signature Nike shoe]. I work out in [LeBron James' signature Nike shoe], but that's because they're heavier," said Ball.

Ball has suffered 3 separate ankle injuries in 2 seasons.

Ball recently severed ties with the co-founder of Big Baller Brand.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo has apparently removed all pictures of Lavar from his instagram, so that combined with his comment might mean Lonzo is getting away from him.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Good news. Let's see what you are made of next year.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Big Baller Brand still has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Lonzo should fire everyone involved and hire a new operations chief... then fulfill all the orders people didn't get out of his own pocket.

If he still can't turn a profit, he should close the company down and get contract with a regular shoe company.

People feel sorry for Lonzo but his company has been scamming people for two years... To a poor person, the price of the shoes might be proportionately as much as the amount the partner stole.

No excuse to be a multimillionaire and stealing shoe money from regular folk whether intentionally or by benign neglect or stupidity.

This needs to stop immediately.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/chino-hills/profile/online-retailer/big-baller-brand-1066-850024341

don't take the BBB too seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw

but yeah big baller brand was never gonna work. normal people can't/won't drop $500 on a pair of shoes
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1625, 1626, 1627 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1626 of 1688
Jump to: