OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1626, 1627, 1628 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Lonzo has apparently removed all pictures of Lavar from his instagram, so that combined with his comment might mean Lonzo is getting away from him.

My gut was always that Lonzo was just trying to be a good to family and run with BBB but it's obvious that that has back fired to the point of embarrassment.

The #myownman thing and deleting photos of Lavar tells me he's growing up. And I think the way he has his jersey hanging in the rafters in the photo is very telling --- remember it was Lavar that went out there and said he wanted Zo in PHX.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 7:37 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Practice wrote:
Lonzo has apparently removed all pictures of Lavar from his instagram, so that combined with his comment might mean Lonzo is getting away from him.

My gut was always that Lonzo was just trying to be a good to family and run with BBB but it's obvious that that has back fired to the point of embarrassment.

The #myownman thing and deleting photos of Lavar tells me he's growing up. And I think the way he has his jersey hanging in the rafters in the photo is very telling --- remember it was Lavar that went out there and said he wanted Zo in PHX.

Don't get it twisted. Lonzo is fiercely loyal to his dad as he should be, he's just not going to let slimy figures take advantage of him, his family, or his business interests. Lets not turn this into a whole Lonzo vs. Lavar narrative.
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Trade Zo and our top 10 pick for #2 and take Morant if he declares.

Morant
BI
LBJ
Kuz
Cousins
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:20 pm    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Morant
BI
LBJ
Kuz
Cousins

Worst defensive team in the NBA.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:03 pm    Post subject:

www.instagram.com/p/BvXqeWnFenu

That #2 in the rafters is looking tight.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 11:13 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
www.instagram.com/p/BvXqeWnFenu

That #2 in the rafters is looking tight.

Rumor on IG has it he’s jumping to Nike. Not sure if that’s true. Just random people commenting.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:38 am    Post subject:

After the reports the Lakers FO questioned him about his shows and the new Nike-esque photo - it does appear he’s signing with them. Which is great, I never trusted those fashion only BBB shoes. Remember in the summer league how he was killing it in different players Nike’s?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:44 am    Post subject:

LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Morant
BI
LBJ
Kuz
Cousins

That's a worse team, even if you traded Morant for Zo straight up.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:03 am    Post subject:

SDLakersFan wrote:
After the reports the Lakers FO questioned him about his shows and the new Nike-esque photo - it does appear he’s signing with them. Which is great, I never trusted those fashion only BBB shoes. Remember in the summer league how he was killing it in different players Nike’s?

Based on the reviews the current BBB shoes were actually good, so I wouldn't expect a difference.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:01 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
LonzoLegend2 wrote:

Morant
BI
LBJ
Kuz
Cousins

Worst defensive team in the NBA.

Ugh.
AQuestSupreme
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:31 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
2019 wrote:
Practice wrote:

Don't get it twisted. Lonzo is fiercely loyal to his dad as he should be, he's just not going to let slimy figures take advantage of him, his family, or his business interests. Lets not turn this into a whole Lonzo vs. Lavar narrative.

Dude, he may have very well been fiercely loyalty to his father, but what was doesn't have anything to do with what is to be, unless things absolutely can by changed by their very nature.

Put it this way: If you were in a relationship, and your significant other had pictures of you up on their social media, and they took all those pictures down, but kept the rest of their pictures up, you wouldn't see that as unusual and concerning?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Big Baller Brand still has an F rating from the Better Business Bureau.

Lonzo should fire everyone involved and hire a new operations chief... then fulfill all the orders people didn't get out of his own pocket.

If he still can't turn a profit, he should close the company down and get contract with a regular shoe company.

People feel sorry for Lonzo but his company has been scamming people for two years... To a poor person, the price of the shoes might be proportionately as much as the amount the partner stole.

No excuse to be a multimillionaire and stealing shoe money from regular folk whether intentionally or by benign neglect or stupidity.

This needs to stop immediately.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/chino-hills/profile/online-retailer/big-baller-brand-1066-850024341

don't take the BBB too seriously.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yo8kfV9kONw

but yeah big baller brand was never gonna work. normal people can't/won't drop $500 on a pair of shoes

I think the government is corrupt to the bone... so no, I don't blindly believe every institution... however, I looked up their rating when Steve Mason said they never sent him his shoes... and sure enough... F rating.

I look at the BBB with the same suspicion that I regard Yelp reviews, and Amazon reviews... not infallible... but still a decent barometer of how a company does business.

If it's true Lonzo is cutting ties with Lavar, it doubles his value as a player in my mind. All of a sudden we are dealing with a rational person who you might be able to negotiate with when his cost control runs out. With LaVar at the helm, I always thought we'd have to bend over like we are currently doing for Klutch to re-sign Zo.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:34 am    Post subject:

AQuestSupreme wrote:
trablos wrote:
2019 wrote:
Practice wrote:

Dude, he may have very well been fiercely loyalty to his father, but what was doesn't have anything to do with what is to be, unless things absolutely can by changed by their very nature.

Put it this way: If you were in a relationship, and your significant other had pictures of you up on their social media, and they took all those pictures down, but kept the rest of their pictures up, you wouldn't see that as unusual and concerning?

I watch the facebook show and follow the Ball family pretty close since Chino Hills. I would say that this whole thing with Alon Foster is equally much about Lavar. if i had to give a percentage about 60% ALan , 40% Lavar

1. Lonzo has been telling Lavar for months that he was uncomfortable with Alan and Lavar brushed him off. If you are so big on family first, you listen to your adult son that is bringing you the money and not someone you met in 2010

2. Lavar states he did not review the rumors/emails regarding the $1.5mil (revealed to Lonzo and the family in Oct 2018) because he was in Europe. The entire family came back to and started Spire in Cleveland around Nov. Lavar has had since Nov-March to look into these matters.

3. Why not sue Alan for the money? Likely Lavar knew about the money and told Lonzo dont worry about it, its for the betterment of the business.

4. Lonzo being 51% owner when Lavar is the face of the brand means any lawsuits related to the company falls on Lonzo heavy. BBB last year had issues with merchandise, many complaints, F grade with BBB. This year the shoes which people bought in Oct still have not shipped. Very poor business practices. And Lonzo is 51% of the company. Also the $5 million house in Chino hills is in Lonzo's name. If it goes under, its on him. The JBA players not getting paid --> can equal lawsuit, in which it falls on Lonzo being primary majority owner.

5. Why delete pics of your dad and BBB from your Instagram if this is only about Alan?

6. Why not have a joint family statement stating the BBB is severing ties with Alan and moving in a new direction with better management?

7. My own man hastag, the instagram pic, the moving on to bigger and better. what does that have to do with Alan? it has to do with BBB, and BBB is Lavar (the face). Lavar's Big Baller, Lavar's personal training company he set up before all this was called Big Baller's Personal Training

BBB was using Lonzo's money to advance the company and Lavar was probably aware of most of it and Lonzo is now fed up it. Its tax time, once he sat down and did his taxes his BBB ownership and stake is not helping him out financially. BBBs bring negativity to him and it can be distracting. You can see from the show Lamelo didn't like playing in Europe and also really wants to play in college. Unfortunately its gone because his father/Alan prioritized the business success.

Last edited by BlackStarMamba on Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

This whole mess could be a blessing in disguise for Zo. Hope he learns from this and uses it to fuel him this summer.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

Any updates on his injury?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

Last I heard, he was limited to shooting practice and the like. In other words, he is progressing about the way you would expect with a Grade 3 sprain, given that there is no urgency to try to get him back this season.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
AQuestSupreme wrote:
trablos wrote:
2019 wrote:
Practice wrote:

I watch the facebook show and follow the Ball family pretty close since Chino Hills. I would say that this whole thing with Alon Foster is equally much about Lavar. if i had to give a percentage about 60% ALan , 40% Lavar

1. Lonzo has been telling Lavar for months that he was uncomfortable with Alan and Lavar brushed him off. If you are so big on family first, you listen to your adult son that is bringing you the money and not someone you met in 2010

2. Lavar states he did not review the rumors/emails regarding the $1.5mil (revealed to Lonzo and the family in Oct 2018) because he was in Europe. The entire family came back to and started Spire in Cleveland around Nov. Lavar has had since Nov-March to look into these matters.

3. Why not sue Alan for the money? Likely Lavar knew about the money and told Lonzo dont worry about it, its for the betterment of the business.

4. Lonzo being 51% owner when Lavar is the face of the brand means any lawsuits related to the company falls on Lonzo heavy. BBB last year had issues with merchandise, many complaints, F grade with BBB. This year the shoes which people bought in Oct still have not shipped. Very poor business practices. And Lonzo is 51% of the company. Also the $5 million house in Chino hills is in Lonzo's name. If it goes under, its on him. The JBA players not getting paid --> can equal lawsuit, in which it falls on Lonzo being primary majority owner.

5. Why delete pics of your dad and BBB from your Instagram if this is only about Alan?

6. Why not have a joint family statement stating the BBB is severing ties with Alan and moving in a new direction with better management?

7. My own man hastag, the instagram pic, the moving on to bigger and better. what does that have to do with Alan? it has to do with BBB, and BBB is Lavar (the face). Lavar's Big Baller, Lavar's personal training company he set up before all this was called Big Baller's Personal Training

BBB was using Lonzo money to advance the company and Lavar was probably aware of most of it and Lonzo is now fed up it. Its tax time, once he sat down and did his taxes his BBB ownership and stake is not helping him out financially. BBBs bring negativity to him and it can be distracting. You can see from the show Lamelo didn't like playing in Europe and also really wants to play in college. Unfortunately its gone because his father/Alan prioritized the business success.

BlackStarMamba - I agree with all 7 points you make here. What's particularly galling to me is Point 4 - Lonzo has the 51% stake. Lonzo's neck is on the line more than anyone else here. Even without that contingency, BBB is a money sieve that's already cost Lonzo a huge Nike contract, while Lavar and everyone else lives off Lonzo's NBA income and spends the money he earns without building a solid business. All sizzle and no steak.

I'm real encouraged to see Lonzo's IG post. This is exactly what he needs. I still expect Lonzo to be a great PG some day soon, once he can spend a lot more time with real NBA core strength trainers and a lot less time promoting the sham of a business that BBB is.

I feel worst for LaMelo, for reasons you mentioned above. I also sensed he hated getting yanked over to Eastern Europe just because the idiot middle brother thought it would be funny to steal sunglasses in China as a UCLA Bruin. I hope Melo somehow gets a chance to develop his skills the right way, not on a sham exhibition circuit.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
BBB was using Lonzo money to advance the company

This was the part that surprised me. I had been wondering how Lavar was coming up with the money to do all of these things. I should have realized he was using some of his son's money. That's not good. I hope the Facebook show makes some money.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:31 am    Post subject:

Why did the ESPN article say Lavar had the emails “read to him”? Can, uh..., can Lavar read?
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

I noticed that. My interpretation is that Lavar was refusing to acknowledge the emails until someone read them to him. I’ve seen similar things happen in other contexts. Lavar knows he’s been burned, but just hopes it will go away.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

Lonzo is my favorite Laker. Sky is the limit for him.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I noticed that. My interpretation is that Lavar was refusing to acknowledge the emails until someone read them to him. I’ve seen similar things happen in other contexts. Lavar knows he’s been burned, but just hopes it will go away.

Yeah, that's probably the fairest take. Definitely raised a brow when I saw that; tbh it kind of felt like a potential explanation for how he got burned.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:04 am    Post subject:

Good for Lonzo to get the (bleep) out of this dumpster fire called BBB.
Waste your time and money on more important things.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:26 am    Post subject:

Darth Los Angeles wrote:
Lonzo is my favorite Laker. Sky is the limit for him.

Funny that Lonzo patterns his game after Lebron. The dude you hate most in life. Plus Zo picks Lebron over Kobe.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:34 am    Post subject:

tony wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
tony wrote:
Watching their reality show, you could just sense he was a yes man/hype man and had bad intentions. Only a matter of time, this is why you have to separate family/friends from business sometimes.
tony, cut it out. you couldnt sense a darn thing. I triple dare you to post a quote from the past while you were watching that show where you said something like this. i 'll be waiting for those quotes.
hindsight is always 20/20. you dont have to stretch it. the close family friend darn near a brother to lavar and darn near an extra uncle to the ball brothers. its a sad day. but this has happened to a lot of your favorite players. by the way did you know why old man kareem came back to play for the lakers? go look it up.

what happened to tim duncan? go look it up. on and on again in every sport and other entertainers you hear these stories. that means there are more stories you never here that are happening out there.
Dude, get off Lavar's dick. He was entertaining at first and he raised some solid kids but he is clearly living his dream through his kids.

Read the article yourself. At the end of the day this falls on Lavar. He didn't do his due diligence, he allowed a convicted criminal who had a history of this to be his right hand man, and in the end he screwed over another one of his son.

Starched. And of course he didn't reaad the article.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1626, 1627, 1628 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1627 of 1688
Jump to: