OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1636, 1637, 1638 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
So what's the gist of this, for those of us don't subscribe to The Athletic. Did the team not want him getting surgery at all, or was he trying to do it with a surgeon not approved by the team?

Unauthorized with someone who was familiar with the family and pushed by the guy that stole money from the Ball family. Fun stuff.

Seriously? Yikes.

Circus doesn't even begin to describe this family.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Magic did him a favor.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
So what's the gist of this, for those of us don't subscribe to The Athletic. Did the team not want him getting surgery at all, or was he trying to do it with a surgeon not approved by the team?

Unauthorized with someone who was familiar with the family and pushed by the guy that stole money from the Ball family. Fun stuff.

Seriously? Yikes.

My beloved Lakers man. I'll go to the grave as a Lakers fan, and I know many of us will (which is part of the problem I guess). But man, grew up in Showtime, lived my 20s in the Shaq/Kobe era, then the Kobe/Pau, and now this.

Sigh.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:

Seriously? Yikes.

My beloved Lakers man. I'll go to the grave as a Lakers fan, and I know many of us will (which is part of the problem I guess). But man, grew up in Showtime, lived my 20s in the Shaq/Kobe era, then the Kobe/Pau, and now this.

Sigh.

This is the darkest timeline.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:

Seriously? Yikes.

Sigh.

You can bet this Foster guy was getting some kickback from the surgeon he was pushing on Lonzo too.

What a mess. Lonzo needs to seriously clean out his entire inner circle, family included.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject:

We are a bigger (bleep) show than I thought
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:

Seriously? Yikes.

Sigh.

You can bet this Foster guy was getting some kickback from the surgeon he was pushing on Lonzo too.

What a mess. Lonzo needs to seriously clean out his entire inner circle, family included.

Commission based medicine.

Oh wait, that describes America's broken medical system.
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:23 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like Magic did the right thing here and gave Lonzo sound guidance (don't have a subscription, so just based on what I read here). And seems like Lonzo's been slowly following through on it and becoming his own decision maker and not one driven by his "inner circle." I'm kind of surprised that Lonzo and Lebron didn't discuss this as well - I would assume Lebron would have given him similar advice. Even if players may not like relying on team doctors due to conflicts of interest there, relying on a personal doctor has it's own set of issues as well.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:27 pm    Post subject:

Well done, Magic. Whatchu doin', Lonzo? Kid has a total poker face and laid back personality and is surrounded by total chaos.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Well done, Magic. Whatchu doin', Lonzo? Kid has a total poker face and laid back personality and is surrounded by total chaos.

Ball said he's going to resume playing basketball in a couple of weeks so apparently it was a good call. Surgery is always last report.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

+1 on the Magic decision. I think.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

JamezAmp wrote:
Sounds like Magic did him a favor.

Yup.

Lonzo needs to man up and gtfo from his dad’s shadow. Thank god he signed with CAA
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Thank you, Magic man. This may get buried amongst the chaos, but big ups to him for this one
bluehill
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

Beir32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:

Seriously? Yikes.

Sigh.

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

So the Lakers threatened to void Lonzo’s contract if he had unauthorized ankle surgery? If he wanted to go to Phoenix it would have worked out for him.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
So the Lakers threatened to void Lonzo’s contract if he had unauthorized ankle surgery? If he wanted to go to Phoenix it would have worked out for him.

It would have been appropriate. Losing another asset for nothing.
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Lavar Ball for VP of Basketball Operations

You really hate the Lakers don't you?
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Big ups to MJ? WTF

Another indication the (bleep) inmates are running the asylum.

(bleep).
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

lakez34 wrote:
Sounds like Magic did the right thing here and gave Lonzo sound guidance (don't have a subscription, so just based on what I read here). And seems like Lonzo's been slowly following through on it and becoming his own decision maker and not one driven by his "inner circle." I'm kind of surprised that Lonzo and Lebron didn't discuss this as well - I would assume Lebron would have given him similar advice. Even if players may not like relying on team doctors due to conflicts of interest there, relying on a personal doctor has it's own set of issues as well.

Threatening to void his contract is definitely strong guidance
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

Beir32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:

Seriously? Yikes.

Sigh.

I’ve been a fan since the mid-70’s and during down times I always knew things would get better. Even the early 90’s, we didn’t win but were fun to watch. Now I’m not sure that things will ever get better.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Big ups to MJ? WTF

Another indication the (bleep) inmates are running the asylum.

(bleep).

I think a player getting unauthorized surgery -- apparently based on the advice of a noted huckster -- is more indicative of "inmates running the asylum" than the President of Basketball Operations telling said player to respect the team's medical staff and prognosis.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Need to get with Stoeh curry and Kobe doctors and get him right
mrdectown
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

Beir32 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:

Seriously? Yikes.

Sigh.

There are no other timelines ahbed
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic prevented Lonzo from undergoing Surgery

yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Username wrote:

Seriously? Yikes.

Sigh.

Goes to show you the value of having a generational superstar in all your runs.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:18 am    Post subject:

I hope Rob likes Lonzo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1636, 1637, 1638 ... 1686, 1687, 1688  Next
Page 1637 of 1688
Jump to: