OFFICIAL LONZO BALL THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1644, 1645, 1646 ... 1665, 1666, 1667  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31218

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:20 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:
That 6th pick from PHX looks good for Lonzo


It sure doesn't
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 749

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 8:22 am    Post subject:

6th pick??? Just wow....
After he went down....lakers went down too
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 May 2015
Posts: 1990

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:24 am    Post subject:

Lakerchaq wrote:
That 6th pick from PHX looks good for Lonzo


In a deeper draft, yes.... I'm not sure in this draft.

Some folks on this board grossly overrate Lonzo. For anyone to describe Lonzo's first 2 years in the league, as a #2 overall pick, with the hype he came with, as anything other than extremely disappointing is lying to themselves. The fact is, we drafted a player that currently projects to be an extremely good role player, and if this draft was a little deeper in talent, and another team was willing to allow me a 2nd crack at drafting someone better than an extremely good role player, I'd make that trade.

Problem is, teams don't trade top 6 picks for players that project to very strong role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
trablos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 May 2017
Posts: 2893

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:
That 6th pick from PHX looks good for Lonzo


In a deeper draft, yes.... I'm not sure in this draft.

Some folks on this board grossly overrate Lonzo. For anyone to describe Lonzo's first 2 years in the league, as a #2 overall pick, with the hype he came with, as anything other than extremely disappointing is lying to themselves. The fact is, we drafted a player that currently projects to be an extremely good role player, and if this draft was a little deeper in talent, and another team was willing to allow me a 2nd crack at drafting someone better than an extremely good role player, I'd make that trade.

Problem is, teams don't trade top 6 picks for players that project to very strong role players.

I mean, what would you generally expect out of a top 2 pick? All star potential? Lonzo definitely has the potential, he just has to stay healthy and improve his shooting. Top 6 pick? I don't know the numbers, but I'd venture to say the top 6 players of every draft over the last 10 years are mostly just role players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4512

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

ibij wrote:
6th pick??? Just wow....
After he went down....lakers went down too


People just hate the kid. His impact for the team was huge I’d only trade him for #1 in this draft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 7622

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:
That 6th pick from PHX looks good for Lonzo


In a deeper draft, yes.... I'm not sure in this draft.

Some folks on this board grossly overrate Lonzo. For anyone to describe Lonzo's first 2 years in the league, as a #2 overall pick, with the hype he came with, as anything other than extremely disappointing is lying to themselves. The fact is, we drafted a player that currently projects to be an extremely good role player, and if this draft was a little deeper in talent, and another team was willing to allow me a 2nd crack at drafting someone better than an extremely good role player, I'd make that trade.

Problem is, teams don't trade top 6 picks for players that project to very strong role players.


Hell of a role player considering his team fell apart without him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Jul 2005
Posts: 14395
Location: unfortunately not Los Angeles anymore

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
ibij wrote:
6th pick??? Just wow....
After he went down....lakers went down too


People just hate the kid. His impact for the team was huge I’d only trade him for #1 in this draft


yeah people underrate him constantly..

elite vision, play maker, solid defender at the 1.. not to mention he's only 21 years old.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 May 2005
Posts: 1953

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Yeah, in the other hand they want to include him in a trade for AD, so it is 4th, 6th and Kuzma and Wagner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3593

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
ibij wrote:
6th pick??? Just wow....
After he went down....lakers went down too


People just hate the kid. His impact for the team was huge I’d only trade him for #1 in this draft


Yep. Only thing that worries me about Lonzo is his health. He has incredible talent and his game is built for winning. I'm excited about Kidd working with him too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 15472
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball ain't going nowhere
He's a big baller and his impact this season was huge (despite all his shortcomings)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 4512

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ibij wrote:
6th pick??? Just wow....
After he went down....lakers went down too


People just hate the kid. His impact for the team was huge I’d only trade him for #1 in this draft


Yep. Only thing that worries me about Lonzo is his health. He has incredible talent and his game is built for winning. I'm excited about Kidd working with him too.


He needs to get on whatever protocol Steph is on for his ankles and core strength. Hopefully whoever the Lakers hire as the new S&C coach and nutritionist can get these kids like a well oiled machine. Especially BI who hasn't gained any weight since his 2nd season. Glad they fired Grassfed Tim
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
srekal2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 508

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
ibij wrote:
6th pick??? Just wow....
After he went down....lakers went down too


People just hate the kid. His impact for the team was huge I’d only trade him for #1 in this draft



This.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 2919

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 12:25 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo and 4 for Ja!

This dude cant hit a free throw, layup nor 3pt shot. Hes more inept offensively than a 4th grader.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 21816

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Lonzo and 4 for Ja!

This dude cant hit a free throw, layup nor 3pt shot. Hes more inept offensively than a 4th grader.

You shouldn't bag on your game like that, little dude.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 29818

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
ibij wrote:
6th pick??? Just wow....
After he went down....lakers went down too


People just hate the kid. His impact for the team was huge I’d only trade him for #1 in this draft


Yep. Only thing that worries me about Lonzo is his health. He has incredible talent and his game is built for winning. I'm excited about Kidd working with him too.


This. The big question mark about him is his durability. If he’s healthy, I think it’s clear he’s an impact player, and possibly a potential future star. I really hope we keep the kid and we see what a healthy off season does for him in a Laker uniform.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
ibij
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 04 May 2009
Posts: 749

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

I am just wodering that some people actually watched games......
Lonzos offense came around...not elite level but avg player. He was hitting 3s and making layups. Only the free throws which he only shot less than 2....i think.
He will be fine with his offensive end. If DeAndre Jordan did, so Zo can do!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31218

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
al242 wrote:
Lonzo and 4 for Ja!

This dude cant hit a free throw, layup nor 3pt shot. Hes more inept offensively than a 4th grader.

You shouldn't bag on your game like that, little dude.


Yea. Have more confidence in yourself bro.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
anth2000
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2001
Posts: 4990
Location: Pasadena, CA

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

ibij wrote:
I am just wodering that some people actually watched games......
Lonzos offense came around...not elite level but avg player. He was hitting 3s and making layups. Only the free throws which he only shot less than 2....i think.
He will be fine with his offensive end. If DeAndre Jordan did, so Zo can do!!


If Lonzo had a good manager/advisor, he would be working with a shooting coach to fix that horrific broken form and work on shooting. I wouldn't say his offense "came around" by any means. He was passing up shots, even layups because he has zero confidence in shooting. I mean, 40% free throws, one of the worst in the NBA, shows you need to work on it.

As much I like some of the things about Lonzo's game, he's got to get better at shooting from all over the court.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Posts: 1517
Location: Vancouver BC

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 9:14 am    Post subject:

The key for Zo is becoming a scoring threat. Other stuff he does on elite level already. If he becomes a scoring threat it will open up the rest of his game.
Shooting, getting to the basket...he is not a natural scorer but if he puts in the work no reason he shouldnt become much better.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 29 Dec 2018
Posts: 556

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

6th pick is high valuation...

This is a weak draft, but so was Ingram's year....

6th pick was Hield
7th was Murray.

That being said, there is no way the Bulls will trade their pick for Zo..... Picks have such a high value in the NBA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 May 2015
Posts: 7622

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:07 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
ibij wrote:
I am just wodering that some people actually watched games......
Lonzos offense came around...not elite level but avg player. He was hitting 3s and making layups. Only the free throws which he only shot less than 2....i think.
He will be fine with his offensive end. If DeAndre Jordan did, so Zo can do!!


If Lonzo had a good manager/advisor, he would be working with a shooting coach to fix that horrific broken form and work on shooting. I wouldn't say his offense "came around" by any means. He was passing up shots, even layups because he has zero confidence in shooting. I mean, 40% free throws, one of the worst in the NBA, shows you need to work on it.

As much I like some of the things about Lonzo's game, he's got to get better at shooting from all over the court.


Can we try and not speak hyperbolically every time we criticize him? His free throw shooting is pathetic but horrific broken shot? Come on man. He began taking shots with confidence at the rim and from distance pre injury and was our best shooter for the month or so prior to his injury.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 20 Nov 2012
Posts: 16327

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

I've never seen a player with wider scouting reports than Lonzo. He is everywhere from an injury prone scrub who can't shoot and only got drafted because his dad got everyone to drink the koolaid...to a taller, faster, souped up version of Jason Kidd who will win the DPOY award each year in his sleep.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 1216

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

This guy does a really nice job of breaking down Lonzo's game https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmQWg8qkY38
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 6700
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lakerchaq wrote:
That 6th pick from PHX looks good for Lonzo


It sure doesn't


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakersNewEra
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Apr 2014
Posts: 1517
Location: Vancouver BC

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject:

Treble Clef wrote:
I've never seen a player with wider scouting reports than Lonzo. He is everywhere from an injury prone scrub who can't shoot and only got drafted because his dad got everyone to drink the koolaid...to a taller, faster, souped up version of Jason Kidd who will win the DPOY award each year in his sleep.


I guess that tells you how inconsistent he is.
On one day he can look like JKidd, on another like he doesnt even belong in the league.

Truth to be told tho he did get a bit better with his consistency last year and we learned he is definitely a net positive out there, his presence definitely helped us win games. When he got injured that glue factor was gone.

He still has ways to go though. If Im not mistaken he didnt really get to practice much last summer due to rehabbing? If thats true then it explains a lot of things. In that case he should get a lot better next year being that he will have a full summer to work on his game
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1644, 1645, 1646 ... 1665, 1666, 1667  Next
Page 1645 of 1667
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB