Not a "tattooed guy": Larry Bird wants mural changed

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 03 Feb 2004
Posts: 23110

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject: Not a "tattooed guy": Larry Bird wants mural changed

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/08/21/not-a-tattooed-guy-larry-bird-wants-mural-changed/


Quote:
Not a ‘tattooed guy’: Larry Bird wants mural changed

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Larry Bird likes the mural but not the tatts.

A lawyer for the former NBA star has asked an artist to remove certain tattoos from a large painting of Bird on an Indianapolis multi-family residence. The tattoos include two rabbits mating on his right arm and a spider web on a shoulder.


Stadium

@Stadium
Does Larry Bird want this mural removed because of the tattoos or the resemblance to Owen Wilson?

📷: @indystar

View image on Twitter
16
12:41 PM - Aug 21, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Stadium's other Tweets
Artist Jules Muck painted Bird in a blue basketball uniform. It’s a replica of a 1977 Sports Illustrated cover when he played for Indiana State.

Attorney Gary Sallee says Bird “needs to protect” his brand and “doesn’t want to be seen as a tattooed guy.” Muck says she adds things like tattoos to her art to avoid creating a complete copy of a photo.

She says she’s trying to reach an agreement with Bird’s representatives.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2001
Posts: 11034

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject: Re: Not a "tattooed guy": Larry Bird wants mural changed

Basketball Fan wrote:
https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/08/21/not-a-tattooed-guy-larry-bird-wants-mural-changed/


Quote:
Not a ‘tattooed guy’: Larry Bird wants mural changed

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Larry Bird likes the mural but not the tatts.

A lawyer for the former NBA star has asked an artist to remove certain tattoos from a large painting of Bird on an Indianapolis multi-family residence. The tattoos include two rabbits mating on his right arm and a spider web on a shoulder.


Stadium

@Stadium
Does Larry Bird want this mural removed because of the tattoos or the resemblance to Owen Wilson?

📷: @indystar

View image on Twitter
16
12:41 PM - Aug 21, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Stadium's other Tweets
Artist Jules Muck painted Bird in a blue basketball uniform. It’s a replica of a 1977 Sports Illustrated cover when he played for Indiana State.

Attorney Gary Sallee says Bird “needs to protect” his brand and “doesn’t want to be seen as a tattooed guy.” Muck says she adds things like tattoos to her art to avoid creating a complete copy of a photo.

She says she’s trying to reach an agreement with Bird’s representatives.


Get over it Larry.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 Dec 2008
Posts: 6785

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

Why would anyone paint that ugly crap on the side of their house?
_________________
"Keep looking at me like that and I'll turn Suplex City into Mizney World."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Dec 2007
Posts: 29334
Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Washington, DC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Attorney Gary Sallee says Bird “needs to protect” his brand and “doesn’t want to be seen as a tattooed guy.”


This comment seems subtly racist...
_________________
Damian Lillard shatters Dwight Coward's championship dreams:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrbEjppnd4
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16743

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Hammett wrote:
Why would anyone paint that ugly crap on the side of their house?


Thank you. Looks hideous.

I don’t blame Larry one bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25594

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2019 3:30 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Quote:
Attorney Gary Sallee says Bird “needs to protect” his brand and “doesn’t want to be seen as a tattooed guy.”


This comment seems subtly racist...


Not remotely racist.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Dec 2015
Posts: 4797
Location: So what's the uh...topic of discussion?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Quote:
Attorney Gary Sallee says Bird “needs to protect” his brand and “doesn’t want to be seen as a tattooed guy.”


This comment seems subtly racist...


Shut it.
_________________
"All wars are civil wars, because all men are brothers."
http://forums.lakersground.net/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=13018
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Nov 2007
Posts: 18064

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Quote:
Attorney Gary Sallee says Bird “needs to protect” his brand and “doesn’t want to be seen as a tattooed guy.”


This comment seems subtly racist...


White dudes have tattoos, CC. White Choc (a subtly racist nick) was one.
_________________
GOAT MAGIC REEL
SEDALE TRIBUTE
EDDIE DONX!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
TDRock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 May 2010
Posts: 18456
Location: LA to the Bay

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
CandyCanes wrote:
Quote:
Attorney Gary Sallee says Bird “needs to protect” his brand and “doesn’t want to be seen as a tattooed guy.”


This comment seems subtly racist...


Not remotely racist.


Yeah I missed the racism.

Ankywhoo, I'm confused - does Larry not have tattoos and this guy just randomly added some onto him or? Anyway, this is so unimportant that the fact that this "news story" was even written about and I'm actually replying is truly tragic.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 3658

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

somebody here should do a photo-realistic high quality photoshop mockup with Bird in tattoos covering his entire body, face and all. lol. that would be the realest laker fan.
_________________
U+1F49C
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7111
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Quote:
Attorney Gary Sallee says Bird “needs to protect” his brand and “doesn’t want to be seen as a tattooed guy.”


This comment seems subtly racist...


You're suggesting only blacks have tattoos
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 25594

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
somebody here should do a photo-realistic high quality photoshop mockup with Bird in tattoos covering his entire body, face and all. lol. that would be the realest laker fan.


Wearing a Magic jersey no less.
_________________
(bleep) those 2 guys. Onward!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 7111
Location: Boulder ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
SuperboyReformed wrote:
somebody here should do a photo-realistic high quality photoshop mockup with Bird in tattoos covering his entire body, face and all. lol. that would be the realest laker fan.


Wearing a Magic jersey no less.


Getting married to Dennis Rodman
_________________
КОБЭ
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 84601
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Larry Bird is the rare someone who would legit benefit appearance wise from face tattoos.
_________________
I guess I just miss my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB