Lonzo & Lavar React to Lakers #2 Pick (Video)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

I am freaking tired of some Lakers fans finding something negative in EVERYTHING.

One of the most talented players on the draft has a chance at being here and actually showed himself to be special and all I see is some people pissing and moaning about his dad.

Get the freak over it.

This is ACTUALLY a positive time, the Lakers have a chance at one of the best players in the draft who fits PERFECTLY into our offense and you wanna complain?

How many prospects have been overrated just fot slightly insinuating that they want to be here?

But a kid who is actually a top 2 talent in the draft ACTIVELY says it and doesn't shy away from it and comes from a family who is just as vocal about their love for the Lakers and there's something negative about that? I guess being positive about it would be too easy right?

The Lakers have the 2nd pick which was VERY unlikely in one o the deeps drafts in years and the kid who is near the top of that lit wants to be here and some of ya'll want to find something negative in that? Must suck to never be able to feel fully positive about all the good that's been happening for the Lakers as of late.

I don't care that he has a father who had an unfathomable faith and belief in him and will vocalize it if you put a mic in front of his mouth and I'm not scared of Lavar's opinions if he's asked them. I've actually seen his son play as have all of you. So let's not act like his son is some guy thay would go 9th if not for his dad, Lonzo is a top 3 talent in this draft and top 2 in most, so let's not forget that fact.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

Fortysixn2 wrote:
The big baller hat in Lakers colors to boot. You know, there is something to be said for someone (Ball and his dad) who are enthusiastic about wanting to be HERE, hoped to be HERE. I'm down for Ball.

I know his dad is annoying, but I'm to the point now where I just laugh every time he talks...guy is like a cartoon, a parody of himself at this point.

If Lonzo can excel with the huge target his blowhard daddy has put on his back, we might have something here.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

You know what? I have been utterly annoyed of Lavar Ball for quite some time. But at this point, since it seems likely that we'll take Lonzo, who cares? I think it's a marketing gimmick from Lavar to go about everything this way. There's no such thing as bad publicity (2016 election was a great example). And you know what else? He's been mighty successful because that family is always in the news now. No one has had this much publicity before getting drafted since LeBron James. Lonzo just has the pressure to prove it on the court. I LOVE the fact that this family WANTS to be here. It's rejuvenating to see that type of excitement towards our franchise.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:30 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
I am freaking tired of some Lakers fans finding something negative in EVERYTHING.

One of the most talented players on the draft has a chance at being here and actually showed himself to be special and all I see is some people pissing and moaning about his dad.

Get the freak over it.

This is ACTUALLY a positive time, the Lakers have a chance at one of the best players in the draft who fits PERFECTLY into our offense and you wanna complain?

How many prospects have been overrated just fot slightly insinuating that they want to be here?

But a kid who is actually a top 2 talent in the draft ACTIVELY says it and doesn't shy away from it and comes from a family who is just as vocal about their love for the Lakers and there's something negative about that? I guess being positive about it would be too easy right?

The Lakers have the 2nd pick which was VERY unlikely in one o the deeps drafts in years and the kid who is near the top of that lit wants to be here and some of ya'll want to find something negative in that? Must suck to never be able to feel fully positive about all the good that's been happening for the Lakers as of late.

I don't care that he has a father who had an unfathomable faith and belief in him and will vocalize it if you put a mic in front of his mouth and I'm not scared of Lavar's opinions if he's asked them. I've actually seen his son play as have all of you. So let's not act like his son is some guy thay would go 9th if not for his dad, Lonzo is a top 3 talent in this draft and top 2 in most, so let's not forget that fact.

Same here, my man.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

I think what will keep Lavar in check will be the very attention-whore mentality that makes him such a handful. If he starts running his mouth too much about Luke and the organization, Magic and Pelinka will ship his son off far away from the spotlight somewhere. That's the last thing Lavar wants. He will do whatever it takes to keep himself and his son in LA.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Get the freak over it.

Well said homie
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:34 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
MJST wrote:

Get the freak over it.

Well said homie

x2.

Who cares about Lavar... Lakers always had drama when they were great.
LakerRush
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

His entire family wants him to play for the Lakers. I went to the Washington vs. UCLA game (wife's a Bruin) to see Fultz and Ball in person and had a chance to chat with Lonzo's grandpa before the game. Very nice man who told me that he would love to see his grandson stay home. Lavar has wanted the same from day one. Yes, he's been obnoxious in the way he's expressed it through the media, but it should die down once his son dawns the P&G.

On another note, I also got to meet and take pictures with Luke (extremely nice to me and my wife, noticed my wife was pregnant and congratulated us) and Odom. Pretty cool night, minus Fultz being out.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
MJST wrote:

Get the freak over it.

Well said homie

x2.

Who cares about Lavar... Lakers always had drama when they were great.

And in this case, it's not even going to be drama ON the court. Lavar is background noise when it's all said and done. And ultimately the Lakers get to decide how much or how little they want to tolerate his antics.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject:

Lavar is an a$$ hole, but I would be thrilled to have another huge Lakers fan here playing alongside Zubac.
st8ktacos
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject:

Lakes may go for Fox if he whoops Ball in private workouts

BUT Can we trade Dangelo and Clarkson to move up and get Fox as well?

Cap savings next few years included
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Lonzo & Lavar React to Lakers #2 Pick (Video)

adkindo wrote:
kei122 wrote:
Lonzo and Lavar Ball reaction to the Lakers landing the number 2 pick in the draft lottery.

you heard it there...."here WE come"

He was also on record as saying one of the reasons for wanting Ball to play for the Lakers was so that his son could play close to home and that the family could watch his games in person. Sounds like a good reason to use "we".
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:

And in this case, it's not even going to be drama ON the court. Lavar is background noise when it's all said and done. And ultimately the Lakers get to decide how much or how little they want to tolerate his antics.

Always bringing it proper, hoopschick.

This is why Lavar is the least of my concerns.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:21 am    Post subject:

st8ktacos wrote:
Lakes may go for Fox if he whoops Ball in private workouts

BUT Can we trade Dangelo and Clarkson to move up and get Fox as well?

Cap savings next few years included

Geez Fox is getting overrated as [expletive] cause of a good gsme against UCLA.

New "tourney hype" kid that was barely higher than 7th has one good game against UCLA and suddenly he's a top 3 talent ...

All Fox's flaws that kept him around 7th are still there, they didn't disappear with one game.
Deathstroke
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:40 am    Post subject:

Some you take Lavar too seriously. He's purely a marketing mastermind right now. All he is trying to do is promote his son and their brand. He's like a ratchet Don King. If you let Lavar annoy you then you have been successfully trolled.

Lonzo is legit and will be a game changer for us, I'm not going to let Lavar get in the way of me rooting for Lonzo if the Lakers draft him, which they should.
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:43 am    Post subject:

LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject:

Deathstroke wrote:
Some you take Lavar too seriously. He's purely a marketing mastermind right now. All he is trying to do is promote his son and their brand. He's like a ratchet Don King. If you let Lavar annoy you then you have been successfully trolled.

Spot on. I used to take him seriously but now I'm used to his antics and end goal. He's (bleep) hilarious
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
https://youtu.be/IYWdM8jZwIk

Ah. So refreshing.
captain jack
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:53 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Hey look, someone who wants to be here, has dreamed of being here, grew up loving this team, could live his dream of being here and is one of the best players in the draft and top 3 at LEAST.

How about some of ya'll NOT look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm glad he's happy about being here, he'd fit perfectly and more perfectly than any of the other top 3 in terms of fit AND he's a special talent.

So rather than finding something to be negative about, be happy. It's am actual good and positive time. His father will have no impact on what style the Lakers run etc. Again, he didn't interfere st all with UCLA. So he won't here. Some of ya'll need to get out of your feelings about Lavar and realize how talented his son is and how lucky we are to even have a shot at him.

Lavar ain't toxic, he's a father that loves his son and raised his kids right with an immeasurable faith in them and ya'll have a problem cause he vocalizes it. Get over it.

Well said.
sogood.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

I know a lot of you guys don't like him but dude is hilarious.

Last edited by sogood. on Wed May 17, 2017 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
El Seano
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
Name me a parent that has actually impacted an NBA team AFTER the player has been drafted and signed. Or an NFL team. Or a MLB team. NHL? Nope, nothing.

When Delonte West (bleep) Lebron James mom.

Seriously though I agree. People bring up Lavar constantly and there's two things about that

1) That's precisely what both Lavar and the media want you to do, it grows his sons brand and therefore his pockets and the media gets clicks by you finding out what (bleep) he said now.

2) In the pro's in a multi billion dollar franchise they won't let him. I've got a strong feeling that once he's drafted he'll actually shut up a little bit.

The nearest actual example I can think of is the NY Giants CB Eli Apple. His mom was loud mouthed about pretty much everything, the media treated it as a funny little headline for a month or so then everybody stopped caring and moved on. She's probably still yapping, just nobody reports it cause it's past it's sell by date.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

Lonzo Ball is a quiet, humble person off the court, almost the opposite of his dad. But he is an assassin on the court.
jaylen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject:

Dad will have no impact on the Lakers team. But I believe will have an impact on his son. He is a worker he is cocky he been watching Kobe his whole life his dad had him watching Magic vids. The kid is actually built for this. We don't have have a star on this team all of our young guys lack that lil thing that seperates them from being great that thing you have or you don't you saw it with Magic and Kobe right away that energy and fearlessness in becoming great. We have losers on our team currently Ball being drafted is going to cause conflict as it should he should not allow himself to be influenced by the young losers we have on the team Russ Randle Clarkson and Ingrahm. They may become winners in time but are clueless now Ball i think is a winner his dad made him that way to accept no limits on his ceiling. So conflict over role pt all of it is coming and I love it. Should be no harmony in a losing situation. This is how you take a 1st step towards winning again.

Lets go Lonzo its showtime
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:54 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
https://youtu.be/IYWdM8jZwIk

Ah. So refreshing.

http://ima.ulximg.com/public/userfiles/2017/03/Lavar.gif
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Hey look, someone who wants to be here, has dreamed of being here, grew up loving this team, could live his dream of being here and is one of the best players in the draft and top 3 at LEAST.

How about some of ya'll NOT look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm glad he's happy about being here, he'd fit perfectly and more perfectly than any of the other top 3 in terms of fit AND he's a special talent.

So rather than finding something to be negative about, be happy. It's am actual good and positive time. His father will have no impact on what style the Lakers run etc. Again, he didn't interfere st all with UCLA. So he won't here. Some of ya'll need to get out of your feelings about Lavar and realize how talented his son is and how lucky we are to even have a shot at him.

Lavar ain't toxic, he's a father that loves his son and raised his kids right with an immeasurable faith in them and ya'll have a problem cause he vocalizes it. Get over it.

He is annoying. As long as his kid can handle the pressure he puts on him - fine.

Btw. He won't become quiet if the Lakers don't draft Lonzo, his talking will just be against the Lakers then...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4
Jump to: