Lonzo & Lavar React to Lakers #2 Pick (Video)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
https://youtu.be/IYWdM8jZwIk

Lemme guess.......he was being sexist.

It's obvious that this is a character Lavar is playing. You can tell by the smirk he has.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

sogood. wrote:
I know a lot of you guys don't like him but dude is hilarious.

I like him. He's funny.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
Lonzo Ball is a quiet, humble person off the court, almost the opposite of his dad. But he is an assassin on the court.

No problem with Lonzo whatsoever. Sounds like a measured, confident kid who is easy to root for and really fun to watch
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
sogood. wrote:
I know a lot of you guys don't like him but dude is hilarious.

I like him. He's funny.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

Even as someone who likes Lonzo as a prospect (so much so, in fact, that I do think DLO is likely gone after this year if Lonzo proves to have a higher ceiling as a point guard during his rookie year), even I find it humorous the way some in this thread are trying to convince themselves that LaVar will just suddenly buy a golden muzzle if the Lakers draft Lonzo. Hasn't he said he wants a billion dollar shoe deal? In his mind, he's not gonna get that if he becomes less notorious.

What you have to worry about with LaVar is what he'll be like when the Lakers struggle and if he feels like Luke isn't using him correctly, giving him enough minutes, or something along those lines. Do you honestly think Big Daddy Soap Box won't utilize the LA media to the best of his advantage during those times? Seriously? This is the age of social media. Wake up. Stuff goes viral instantly. I think some are still on a little bit of a high after last night (which is understandable, obviously) and it's clouding their judgment a little bit when it comes to this. But we have a month until the draft. And having gone through this for two years in a row, we all know how wild and up and down things get for the next month leading up to draft night. How many stupid things can LaVar say for the next month in his desperate attempt to get Lonzo on the Lakers? Who among us can honestly say that there's zero concern there?

Also, please don't confuse LaVar wanting Lonzo on the Lakers for the purpose of expanding his Big Baller brand with actual Laker pride and reverence. If NY had been third worst and the Lakers didn't have a pick, he would've been threatening that Lonzo would only work out for NY. He'd be on First Take right now speaking it into existence (which only Yahweh can do, by the way).

Last edited by Judah on Wed May 17, 2017 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject:

The dad is a little crazy but I haft to give props to a African American father in the lives of his Boys. This is a good thing

I hope we get Ball he will fit great here in LA
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19403219/lonzo-ball-work-los-angeles-lakers-only-ahead-nba-draft
Lonzo Ball's decision to skip a workout with the Boston Celtics, who hold the No. 1 pick, could have major financial implications. The difference on a guaranteed rookie wage scale contract between the No. 1 and No. 2 picks is $2,202,900, according to the collective bargaining agreement. The difference could be more striking if taxes are considered; California has the highest state taxes in the United States at 13.3 percent, while Massachusetts' taxes are 5.1 percent.

LOL, ESPN...I don't think Lonzo Ball is concerned about money if he's drafted by the Lakers. He'll get much more money in endorsements in the LA market....Plus isn't the BBB brand worth billions? He ain't gonna worry about 2 million bucks....
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/19403219/lonzo-ball-work-los-angeles-lakers-only-ahead-nba-draft
Lonzo Ball's decision to skip a workout with the Boston Celtics, who hold the No. 1 pick, could have major financial implications. The difference on a guaranteed rookie wage scale contract between the No. 1 and No. 2 picks is $2,202,900, according to the collective bargaining agreement. The difference could be more striking if taxes are considered; California has the highest state taxes in the United States at 13.3 percent, while Massachusetts' taxes are 5.1 percent.

LOL, ESPN...I don't think Lonzo Ball is concerned about money if he's drafted by the Lakers. He'll get much more money in endorsements in the LA market....Plus isn't the BBB brand worth billions? He ain't gonna worry about 2 million bucks....

He can sell more 500 bucks sneakers in California than he can in Massachusetts.
Aphex Twin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:34 am    Post subject:

boston is the second-last team the balls want to go to, behind utah
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:36 am    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:

Haha.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Hey look, someone who wants to be here, has dreamed of being here, grew up loving this team, could live his dream of being here and is one of the best players in the draft and top 3 at LEAST.

How about some of ya'll NOT look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm glad he's happy about being here, he'd fit perfectly and more perfectly than any of the other top 3 in terms of fit AND he's a special talent.

So rather than finding something to be negative about, be happy. It's am actual good and positive time. His father will have no impact on what style the Lakers run etc. Again, he didn't interfere st all with UCLA. So he won't here. Some of ya'll need to get out of your feelings about Lavar and realize how talented his son is and how lucky we are to even have a shot at him.

Lavar ain't toxic, he's a father that loves his son and raised his kids right with an immeasurable faith in them and ya'll have a problem cause he vocalizes it. Get over it.

+1 Well Said.

#BannersOverBillboards
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:48 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:
https://youtu.be/IYWdM8jZwIk

Lemme guess.......he was being sexist.

It's obvious that this is a character Lavar is playing. You can tell by the smirk he has.

Not sexist, just calling her out on the stuff she said about his family and his brand and wanting nothing to do with what she had to say.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject:

noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:11 pm    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
MJST wrote:
Hey look, someone who wants to be here, has dreamed of being here, grew up loving this team, could live his dream of being here and is one of the best players in the draft and top 3 at LEAST.

I'm glad he's happy about being here, he'd fit perfectly and more perfectly than any of the other top 3 in terms of fit AND he's a special talent.

So rather than finding something to be negative about, be happy. It's am actual good and positive time. His father will have no impact on what style the Lakers run etc. Again, he didn't interfere st all with UCLA. So he won't here. Some of ya'll need to get out of your feelings about Lavar and realize how talented his son is and how lucky we are to even have a shot at him.

Lavar ain't toxic, he's a father that loves his son and raised his kids right with an immeasurable faith in them and ya'll have a problem cause he vocalizes it. Get over it.

+1 Well Said.

Truth right here

Wth are we to judge a man that loves his kids and praises their ability
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:15 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
CervantesRises wrote:
MJST wrote:

+1 Well Said.

Truth right here

Wth are we to judge a man that loves his kids and praises their ability

Raised his kids right, made sure they grew up in Chino Hills and not South Central. They are good kids who stay out of trouble and have humble demeanor outside if the court.

He raised them right, but people have a problem cause he's brash about how good he thinks they'll be.

Ask Joe Bryant about Kobe and you'd have gotten the same answers.
Moises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lonzo & Lavar React to Lakers #2 Pick (Video)

adkindo wrote:
you heard it there...."here WE come"

Pick #2 - Lonzo Ball
Pick #28 - Lavar Ball

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Lonzo & Lavar React to Lakers #2 Pick (Video)

Moises wrote:
adkindo wrote:
you heard it there...."here WE come"

Pick #2 - Lonzo Ball
Pick #28 - Lavar Ball

You're gonna have to trade up if you wanna get Lavar.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

I found that quote about California vs. Mass. state taxes laughable and stupid in this case. He's still going to get paid millions.

I grew up here in Southern California like most here and rooted for the Lakers.

If you grew up, rooted for, and played the game as a kid and in high school then you want to be a player on the Lakers. That's truly a basketball kid's dream come true from here.

Oh my God, someone professing their love for a team they grew up to. The horror!

The last thing you are worried about is state taxes especially when that is your home state.

It was just ESPN doing some lazy reporting on that.

Bye.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:

City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Even as someone who likes Lonzo as a prospect (so much so, in fact, that I do think DLO is likely gone after this year if Lonzo proves to have a higher ceiling as a point guard during his rookie year), even I find it humorous the way some in this thread are trying to convince themselves that LaVar will just suddenly buy a golden muzzle if the Lakers draft Lonzo. Hasn't he said he wants a billion dollar shoe deal? In his mind, he's not gonna get that if he becomes less notorious.

What you have to worry about with LaVar is what he'll be like when the Lakers struggle and if he feels like Luke isn't using him correctly, giving him enough minutes, or something along those lines. Do you honestly think Big Daddy Soap Box won't utilize the LA media to the best of his advantage during those times? Seriously? This is the age of social media. Wake up. Stuff goes viral instantly. I think some are still on a little bit of a high after last night (which is understandable, obviously) and it's clouding their judgment a little bit when it comes to this. But we have a month until the draft. And having gone through this for two years in a row, we all know how wild and up and down things get for the next month leading up to draft night. How many stupid things can LaVar say for the next month in his desperate attempt to get Lonzo on the Lakers? Who among us can honestly say that there's zero concern there?

Also, please don't confuse LaVar wanting Lonzo on the Lakers for the purpose of expanding his Big Baller brand with actual Laker pride and reverence. If NY had been third worst and the Lakers didn't have a pick, he would've been threatening that Lonzo would only work out for NY. He'd be on First Take right now speaking it into existence (which only Yahweh can do, by the way).

If Lavar thinks he can bully the Lakers then he's on some (bleep). Especially if his son doesn't hit the ground running which is very likely to happen.

!...
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Lavar will have no power here tbh, I'm not worried about him. It's pretty hilarious how he gets under so many ppls skin.

Also, Lonzo is nothing like his dad.
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

0514 wrote:
Part of me would love seeing us passing on lonzo to see lavars reaction

Part of Danny Ainge would love to take Lonzo just to see Magics reaction.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Now that's a problem I'd love to have in my life
laker818fan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo's dad is the wild card, he's one that needs babysitting. LA media must be salivating on this. All a tabloid reporter needs to do is create a story about a feud between Lonzo and another Laker and ask his dad to comment. Its' going to be 10X the Kobe-Shaq thing.
If the Lakers will draft Lonzo, there must be a line on the contract that his dad will check on the Lakers first before he opens his mouth.
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:20 am    Post subject:

Well we have kind of always been the NBA soap opera/circus.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: