Lonzo & Lavar React to Lakers #2 Pick (Video)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tony Anapolis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 3:21 am    Post subject:

Man Lavar going to end up fueding with Magic. It probably won't affect the team though. Lavar going to get banned from staples lol
marga86
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:19 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
The big baller hat in Lakers colors to boot. You know, there is something to be said for someone (Ball and his dad) who are enthusiastic about wanting to be HERE, hoped to be HERE. I'm down for Ball.

I know his dad is annoying, but I'm to the point now where I just laugh every time he talks...guy is like a cartoon, a parody of himself at this point.

His dad is beyond annoying, he is TOXIC. If he was just annoying then he would be bearable but he's a self-promoting and obnoxious loud mouth who will be toxic to the locker room as well. It won't be beyond him to throw other teammates, the coaching staff, or the front office under the bus.

this is what the media is telling you; you dont know em, neither do it.

The only fact is see is how obsessed he is with the lakers, and he raised a kid everyone who meets em praises..

I'll go with that for now.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:26 am    Post subject:

LaVar Ball is a salesman and a darn good one at that. He has managed to attract so much media attention that he does not have to pay for the advertisement of his products.

The media basically does it for free because his every interview is a commercial for BBB. That in itself is a stoke of genius and "mo money" for his business.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:34 am    Post subject:

It would seem to be the natural fit for the Lakers to take Ball, but I would certainly work out all of the top guys and make sure you do the due diligence.

I have a feeling that Smith Jr. and Fox are going to outperform wherever they are chosen.
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

Aphex Twin wrote:
adkindo wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
I don't know why folks are freaking out over Lavar. Can he have an impact on a high school team? Sure. College? Somewhat. Pros? Name me a parent that has actually impacted an NBA team AFTER the player has been drafted and signed. Or an NFL team. Or a MLB team. NHL? Nope, nothing.

name another basketball father like Lavar.....he will be a cancer

Lebron's mom had sex with his teammate and that put the team in turmoil. That's how a parent affects a team. Imagine if the Lakers drafted a player who had a really hot and horny cougar mom who was into basketball players. I think the Lavar situation could be similar.

I don't think any NBA player wants to have sex with Lavar, he's not that hot...

http://ima.ulximg.com/public/userfiles/2017/03/giphy.gif
rebirthoftheM
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Sad how folks can be hating a on a player who actually wants to play for the Lakers, his hometown team. The franchise has been drama ridden for decades... its freaking Hollywood. Lavar a'int going to cause much problems.

Lonzo has the athletic ability, basketball acumen and is a hard worker... he will be a star in this league no doubt, but we don't know his ceiling yet. I can't see how you can pass him up.... if he reaches his potential, you'll have a homegrown LA native starring for his hometown team. You can't write it better...
Shaqman55
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject:

FanOfFour wrote:
I don't know why folks are freaking out over Lavar. Can he have an impact on a high school team? Sure. College? Somewhat. Pros? Name me a parent that has actually impacted an NBA team AFTER the player has been drafted and signed.

James R. Jordan Sr
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 10:30 am    Post subject:

Shaqman55 wrote:
FanOfFour wrote:
I don't know why folks are freaking out over Lavar. Can he have an impact on a high school team? Sure. College? Somewhat. Pros? Name me a parent that has actually impacted an NBA team AFTER the player has been drafted and signed.

James R. Jordan Sr

Sly my friend, sly. haha
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers Will Dig Into LaVar Ball’s Past Before The Draft

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton was on the Dan Patrick Show Friday to discuss his team's strategy heading into the 2017 NBA Draft. Walton revealed the steps the franchise will take when assessing who to draft but he revealed someone with the Lakers will dig in to LaVar Ball's history.

Patrick asked Walton if he would reach out to UCLA head coach Steve Alford to ask about LaVar's involvement while Lonzo Ball was with the Bruins. The Lakers coach responded that he wouldn't, but someone with the organization would.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/the-lakers-will-dig-into-lavar-ball’s-past-before-the-draft/ar-BBBjsC4?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers head coach Luke Walton was on the Dan Patrick Show Friday to discuss his team's strategy heading into the 2017 NBA Draft. Walton revealed the steps the franchise will take when assessing who to draft but he revealed someone with the Lakers will dig in to LaVar Ball's history.

Patrick asked Walton if he would reach out to UCLA head coach Steve Alford to ask about LaVar's involvement while Lonzo Ball was with the Bruins. The Lakers coach responded that he wouldn't, but someone with the organization would.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/the-lakers-will-dig-into-lavar-ball’s-past-before-the-draft/ar-BBBjsC4?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout

Typical clickbait.

Dan Patrick asked whether LaVar had any influence on the FO's decision to draft Lonzo. Luke gave a typically non-committal answer "we're looking at all candidates/haven't gotten around to it yet/doing due diligence..."

They're not digging into LaVar, they're gonna ask the training staff/Alford whether Lonzo said/did the right things while he was in college as part of the team.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject:

RJBaca wrote:
0514 wrote:
Part of me would love seeing us passing on lonzo to see lavars reaction

Part of Danny Ainge would love to take Lonzo just to see Magics reaction.

If the Celtics take Lonzo, you guys think Lavar will be happy and smiling cuz his son went #1, or will he be stone-faced? lol
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

Typical clickbait.

Dan Patrick asked whether LaVar had any influence on the FO's decision to draft Lonzo. Luke gave a typically non-committal answer "we're looking at all candidates/haven't gotten around to it yet/doing due diligence..."

They're not digging into LaVar, they're gonna ask the training staff/Alford whether Lonzo said/did the right things while he was in college as part of the team.

I wish we could send electrical shocks to editors for their stupid headlines. Every untrue headline, they get a shock to their eyeball and spline.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Quote:

Typical clickbait.

i thought thats what i read. super click bait. now as much as i can't stand our president and his talks about fake news. one thing is for sure. this era produces a ton of fake titles that are setups for clicks and nothing more. but so many people no longer read actually words longer than a tweet. So all they remember is the title, which wasn't actually true.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:20 pm    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:
RJBaca wrote:
0514 wrote:
Part of me would love seeing us passing on lonzo to see lavars reaction

Part of Danny Ainge would love to take Lonzo just to see Magics reaction.

If the Celtics take Lonzo, you guys think Lavar will be happy and smiling cuz his son went #1, or will he be stone-faced? lol
he's going to be stone faced. because not only did he want his son to play for his favorite team. the team his son goes to is his favorite team's rival. and lavar is an older guy so he remembers celtics vs lakers. his son...not so much. and to be truthful boston is a terrible place to live vs living in Los angeles. Unless of course you're from bean town. that winter weather alone will make you home sick.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Tony Anapolis wrote:
Man Lavar going to end up fueding with Magic. It probably won't affect the team though. Lavar going to get banned from staples lol
banning lavar from staples will do what to lavar's mouth? Nada. He's not in staples now. yet the entire nation hears him every other day, whether you like him or not.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject:

OMG. So refreshing. Finally Jemele Hill speaks her side of the "stay in yo lane" comment. Only a dummy like Whitlock would think "stay in yo lane" means "stay in the kitchen." Thank you Jemele.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: