OFFICIAL MARKELLE FULTZ THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:55 am    Post subject:

pmacla wrote:
from highlights I have seen his game looks exactly like D'Angelo's

They are nothing alike. Fultz is athletic and attacks the basket. Russel can't really break down defenses. Fultz also looks like a good help defender that can swat shots similar to Wade.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
pmacla wrote:

They are nothing alike. Fultz is athletic and attacks the basket. Russel can't really break down defenses. Fultz also looks like a good help defender that can swat shots similar to Wade.

They have a similar style except by Fultz ability to attack the basket and finish a lob. Other than that Fultz is kinda better version of Dlo doing everything but shooting free throws and maybe catch and shoot situations.
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
pmacla wrote:

They have a similar style except by Fultz ability to attack the basket and finish a lob. Other than that Fultz is kinda better version of Dlo doing everything but shooting free throws and maybe catch and shoot situations.

Fultz is more like baby Wade and Russel is more like Harden minus the ability to drive to the hole.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

I'd cry tears of joy if Fultz landed to us but let's not kid ourselves. This is just like hoping Minny was going to go with Okafor/Russell lol
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I have summed up Fultz's game in my head as basically Better D'Angelo. Or D'Angelo with legit athleticism. Think DLO has better court vision but that's it

That's also probably a lazy comp. I've seen it thrown out there a bit though
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 12:40 pm    Post subject:

Pau Gasol's Beard wrote:
pmacla wrote:

I don't know about nothing alike. They are both shifty and use their height/length for pull-up and step-back jumpers. Fultz isn't afraid of contact, and seems to be a more reliable finisher in the paint. Dlo has gotten more comfortable getting to the rim within this past season, as opposed to surveying the floor when the lane was open for him.

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:00 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
I think Boston trades the pick. Ainge is a cunning technician, he's proven this since he took over in Boston. It frightens me what Boston can become in the next few years with all the assets he has piled up. Remember they could have the #1 pick next year as well. Scary...

Damn, how'd they get in position for next year's draft?

That Russian dude.... New Jersey thinking they can win it all with over the hill Pierce and KG. The price you pay for instant gratification and feeling like nothing can hurt you because you're a billionaire.
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:06 pm    Post subject:

How about D-Wade with a jumpshot.
The Logo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject:

Boston will take Fultz and even if they don't, I think Magic will still take Ball
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Boston is taking Fultz, Magic is taking Ball. Y'all need to come to grips with that
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
Boston is taking Fultz, Magic is taking Ball. Y'all need to come to grips with that

It's funny how leagues have become. Get drama going and stay relevant in the 24 hour news cycle that we live in and then voila the top 2 picks are who everyone expected
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:

Yeah, yeah, I know... Happy to keep the pick no matter what and speculate anyway. Maybe they trade it to the Bulls who draft Lonzo instead of Fultz?
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Yeah, yeah, I know... Happy to keep the pick no matter what and speculate anyway. Maybe they trade it to the Bulls who draft Lonzo instead of Fultz?

Fultz is BPA, he's going first imo. Ball isn't a bad consolation prize tbh .
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
I think Boston trades the pick. Ainge is a cunning technician, he's proven this since he took over in Boston. It frightens me what Boston can become in the next few years with all the assets he has piled up. Remember they could have the #1 pick next year as well. Scary...

Damn, how'd they get in position for next year's draft?

That Russian dude.... New Jersey thinking they can win it all with over the hill Pierce and KG. The price you pay for instant gratification and feeling like nothing can hurt you because you're a billionaire.

they could have 3 first round picks in 2019 as well.
NBALakerLegends
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Boston is going to have to figure out what they are going to do next offseason. They will have all three of their core guards as free agents. IT and Bradley will be unrestricted and Smart will be restricted. Those guys could be looking to command a lot of money. They won't be able to keep all of them.

IT = 31M max
Bradley ~ 20M
Smart = 15M

That's 66M on top of Horford Brown Crowder and the #1 (52M). That's a ECF team at best for the next 3-4 years.
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo vs Markelle...
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject:

LakerSanity wrote:
I'll let this stay open because he's a realistic option for the No. 2 pick, and its the offseason so discussion will be sparse from here on out. However, if people start creating a thread for every draft prospect, we will lock them all up.

Damn. I was just about to start an OFFICIAL BRYCE ALFORD THREAD since he's in play for the #2 spot according to Steve Alford...

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Foston drafts Fultz and trades Net's 2018 1st rounder for PG13. Hell yea, Lebron and Co better watch out. I actually have Lebron to thank for every year that Cleveland eliminates Foston from the playoffs.

The trade that gave Foston 4 1st rounders for 2 aging veterans must have been the most lopsided trade ever in all sports.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Fracture wrote:
justsomelakerfan wrote:
Fracture wrote:

Fultz is BPA, he's going first imo. Ball isn't a bad consolation prize tbh .

I don't disagree, but there were reports earlier this year stating that several teams did prefer Lonzo to Fultz. I could see another team preferring Lonzo, seriously
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
pmacla wrote:

They are similar, but Fultz is a significantly better athlete than DLo.

Futlz is so skilled and plays at his own pace that you forget he also will drive down the lane and throw down a dunk or catch a lob.

He is one of the best offensive players I've seen in a long time. If he was 2 inches taller, he would be close to a superstar lock.

Fultz is good but damn does he get overrated around here geez! Lol anyway, Ball is our guy, hope the celtics play their part and pick Fultz.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/2017-nba-mock-draft-after-winning-top-pick-celtics-go-with-dukes-jayson-tatum/

there is a growing sense that Boston may look elsewhere to not upset IT who has became folk hero in bean town
You still should get Fulz if you're bean town. The reason being. Lonzo can elevate a team of guys that are more about catching and shooting / cutting. not as much for guys that do a ton of 1 v 1 stuff like I.thomas. I.thomas would be chillin in a corner if ball and him were to play together. and thats not where you would want I.thomas to be just standing around. He's too small to be a cutter. Even though he can shoot, he isnt a catch and shoot guy.

So the best fit for him and boston would be fultz. a kid that can pass and is wiling to pass. he's not a hot dog. yet, he's a scorers scorer. This is something boston needs badly. They need at least 1 more scorer to really do damage. Fultz is that guy.

They dont need any more athletic defensive minded SF's. They have that already.

Then they need a better Big than horford.

The lakers NEED Zo due to the obvious. We have a lot of guys who can pass well but no one who is truly making guys better per se. Lonzo would elevate Dlo's game. people forget how well Dlo plays off the ball from his college days. he can do both very well. on ball or off. This is why he works great with a Zo. He and Zo will keep the defense honest and since they can both break a defense down off the dribble. Both of them are serious threats in the back court.

IF we were to get fultz. Somebody has to go JC or DLO. I'm telling you now. There is no room for another Fringe SG/PG guy on the lakers roster
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

Celts will not skip on this kid... but hoping we can have him so we can replace Dlo
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

IT is stinking it up against Cavs. I don't see how Celtics resign IT to a max. They definitely taking Fultz to replace him and maybe trade IT for picks.

Last edited by socalsp3 on Wed May 17, 2017 5:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:20 pm    Post subject:

rwongega wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
I'll let this stay open because he's a realistic option for the No. 2 pick, and its the offseason so discussion will be sparse from here on out. However, if people start creating a thread for every draft prospect, we will lock them all up.

Damn. I was just about to start an OFFICIAL BRYCE ALFORD THREAD since he's in play for the #2 spot according to Steve Alford...

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:54 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
IT is stinking it up against Cavs. I don't see how Celtics resign IT to a max. They definitely taking Fultz to replace him and maybe trade IT for picks.

So after being this close, you think the Celtics want to waste 3 more years?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 3 of 30
Jump to: