OFFICIAL MARKELLE FULTZ THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
Fultz teammates were so bad he led them to a 13 game losing streak to end the season. Good thing he would be going to the celtics to learn how to win lol

He basically sat out the last month of the season but keep on chasing your narratives.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:00 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
Fultz teammates were so bad he led them to a 13 game losing streak to end the season. Good thing he would be going to the celtics to learn how to win lol

He basically sat out the last month of the season but keep on chasing your narratives.

No buddy, I'm not chasing any narratives just stating facts. His teammates were bad, he led them to a 13 game losing streak (finished 12 of those games) and the celtics have the number 1 pick kmt.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:04 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

No buddy, I'm not chasing any narratives just stating facts. His teammates were bad, he led them to a 13 game losing streak (finished 12 of those games) and the celtics have the number 1 pick kmt.

He played in 2 of the final 8 games. How did he "finish 12" of the last 13 games and "lead them" from the bench?
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 2:49 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

He played in 2 of the final 8 games. How did he "finish 12" of the last 13 games and "lead them" from the bench?

I stand corrected, got the information from an article I was reading when they were on a 12 game losing streak getting ready to face USC. Anyways, I find this quote a bit disturbing...

Quote:
"And yet, Fultz, arguably the most talented player to every wear a Huskies jersey, guided UW to a 2-16 Pac-12 record – its worst record since the conference began playing 18 games in 1978-79."

Yet Lonzo is the one that gets criticized for not having a dog in him.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:02 am    Post subject:

Andre2K wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

I stand corrected, got the information from an article I was reading when they were on a 12 game losing streak getting ready to face USC. Anyways, I find this quote a bit disturbing...

Quote:
"And yet, Fultz, arguably the most talented player to every wear a Huskies jersey, guided UW to a 2-16 Pac-12 record – its worst record since the conference began playing 18 games in 1978-79."

Yet Lonzo is the one that gets criticized for not having a dog in him.

I watched probably 4 games, alll losses, but I'm not sure what he could have realistically do to get a W. I didn't see a guy who wasn't giving effort, I saw a guy with bad teammates and lackluster coaching.

I wouldn't make too much of the teams record.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:41 pm    Post subject:

^The one game that stands out where he had to do everything perfectly was the Colorado overtime game. Took them from 17 down, got way more shots in the 2nd half, went to OT.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

ok. So are you saying if he was healthy and played those last games. would the huskies have been at worse a .500 ball club?

if you say yes. I'll believe you. if you're wondering about that answer. there's a problem.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Adrian Wojnarowski: Rob Pelinka recruited Fultz as an agent going back to last year, like any agent when you have a potential No. 1 pick. (…) Pelinka was involved with Fultz, he was very familiar with him and knew the people around him. 10 hours ago – via The Vertical
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Fultz a Laker, that would be very good for the team....
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

ok. So are you saying if he was healthy and played those last games. would the huskies have been at worse a .500 ball club?

if you say yes. I'll believe you. if you're wondering about that answer. there's a problem.

No I don't. But that wasn't the statement that I was refuting.

Now if you would ask me if any of the other prospects would have done better with that team, I would say absolutely not. No way does any of the other guys take that team to .500.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

Now if you would ask me if any of the other prospects would have done better with that team, I would say absolutely not. No way does any of the other guys take that team to .500.
so in your heart of hearts. do you think that sorry huskies team wins more game ball at point or fultz or the exact same? assuming both guys are healthy all season
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject:

the dude already looks on PED's

somebody posted a pic of him during college season and now. totally different
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Andre2K wrote:

so in your heart of hearts. do you think that sorry huskies team wins more game ball at point or fultz or the exact same? assuming both guys are healthy all season

Absolutely worse with Ball. That's no knock on Lonzo, but you have to look at the skill sets on the roster and the coaching and see that there are few things that he could have done for them.

First, offense wasn't the problem for that team. It was the worst combination of bad defensive coaching and bad defensive personnel, especially in the front court. They had a 6'8 guy with some of the worst defensive instincts you've ever seen playing center, averaging 0.5 blocks per game. Lonzo would not have made a dent into elevating that defense.

Second, the coach installed an offense that can be described as pick and roll heavy with horrific spacing. It puts 2-3 guys right in the middle of the driving lane. This would play into the worst part of Lonzo's offensive game and give him additional handicaps. There would have been no realistic amount of additional transition possessions that he could create that would have overcome this.

Third, you may try to argue that he would have passed those teammates into stars, but you would be wrong. Like I posted earlier, you had the perimeter players shooting 32.4%, 39.7%, and 27.6%, and the big shooting 46.7% the year before Fultz came. With Fultz, they raised those to 41.4%, 44.8%, 51.2%, and 54.7%. Was Ball going to raise those percentages +20% year over year? No way. Especially when all those guys would have had to raise their usage rates playing next to Ball.

Last edited by fiendishoc on Thu May 25, 2017 9:07 pm; edited 3 times in total
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:

Is this the pic you're talking about? http://thesportsdaily.com/the-sports-daily/look-markelle-fultz-has-put-on-muscle-ahead-of-nba-draft-is-now-jacked/
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:

Is this the pic you're talking about? http://thesportsdaily.com/the-sports-daily/look-markelle-fultz-has-put-on-muscle-ahead-of-nba-draft-is-now-jacked/

yea but they had another pics with the comparison
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mark Murphy: Ainge still not sure of when or where Celtics will work out Markelle Fultz, but the goal is to bring top pick prospect to Waltham.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:09 am    Post subject:

I mean, I don't see how he can make it any easier for his teammates, considering the terrible spacing:

https://streamable.com/f9vp1

And most of these are from a single half.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:20 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
I mean, I don't see how he can make it any easier for his teammates, considering the terrible spacing:

I'm watching #0 on the opposing team blow all of his assignments and #1 having space for days, even calling for the ball, and getting ignored. Fultz looks like he's only interested in the two-man game with that guy setting him picks...
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

I'm watching #0 on the opposing team blow all of his assignments and #1 having space for days, even calling for the ball, and getting ignored. Fultz looks like he's only interested in the two-man game with that guy setting him picks...

Ok if you can find fault with him finding guys for layups then I don't even think we're watching the same sport here.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject:

I don't see why this guy is worth 9 pages of talk, Lakers ain't getting him...

Either the Celtics pick him (they REALLY need another ball-hog next to Thomas) OR they trade the pick to someone else who picks him...
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Ok if you can find fault with him finding guys for layups then I don't even think we're watching the same sport here.

Those aren't open looks though. It's no different than just dumping it into the post for Iso.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:28 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

Those aren't open looks though. It's no different than just dumping it into the post for Iso.

Do you know what a deep seal is? And #44 on Arizona State is 6'3. #15 on Washington is 6'8. Jesus, we are watching a different sport.
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:
I don't see why this guy is worth 9 pages of talk, Lakers ain't getting him...

Either the Celtics pick him (they REALLY need another ball-hog next to Thomas) OR they trade the pick to someone else who picks him...

Or Danny Ainge somehow sees the game the same way as you and he picks Ball.
BigBoi
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject:

fiendishoc wrote:

He's suppose to be an elite pick n roll player, but what I see here is him blowing a bunch of reads, he had guys wide open from 3 but kept forcing it inside
fiendishoc
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 8:50 am    Post subject:

BigBoi wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:

He's suppose to be an elite pick n roll player, but what I see here is him blowing a bunch of reads, he had guys wide open from 3 but kept forcing it inside

Ok it seems that multiple people have this problem watching the highlight, so I'll break it down in detail. The play at 17:08 game time, watch #0 on Arizona State. He is preparing to close out on #1 the whole time, which is that standard read. When Fultz starts his passing motion, he's in front of the big, but Fultz is 2 steps ahead of him and knows he's leaving. In my eyes it was a perfect pass, perfect read. #15 has a guy 5 inches shorter than him at his side- there's no way he should have blown the layup, but, as Corey Brewer would say, "he ran out of talent". He got the basket anyway, which is a higher efficiency shot than any contested 3 #1 would have gotten.

At 15:00, I don't think you realize how easy those close out's are - there are two guys waiting to rotate and those shooters as aren't open as you think they are. And second, he stretched the trap out, hit the roller on the seal, forcing the team to rotate- two guys are on the weakside for the big to throw to if he wanted. That was absolutely the right read.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 9 of 30
Jump to: