Spurs fan sues Warriors, Zaza Pachulia over Kawhi Leonard Injury(plus another lawsuit)

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 4:55 pm    Post subject: Spurs fan sues Warriors, Zaza Pachulia over Kawhi Leonard Injury(plus another lawsuit)

http://thebiglead.com/2017/05/17/spurs-fan-sues-warriors-zaza-pachulia-over-kawhi-leonard-injury/

Quote:

A San Antonio Spurs fan has filed a lawsuit against against Zaza Pachulia and the Golden State Warriors on behalf of all Spurs season ticket holders. Juan Vazquez’s suit targets the Warriors and Pachulia because of the ankle injury suffered by Kawhi Leonard in Game 1 of the Western Conference finals.

The suit essentially claims Pachulia injured Leonard on purpose and “intentionally and maliciously invaded the landing zone of an opposing athlete, Kawhi Leonard.”

It further states that Pachulia’s actions, “devastated the quality of the Spurs’ chances of being competitive and having additional games in their home arena, both in the Western Conference Finals and also potentially in the NBA Finals.” The suit claims the injury devalued the tickets purchased by the plaintiffs.

Alfonso Kennard Jr., the lead attorney for the plaintiffs, had the following to say about the suit:

“All we are asking from the court is that this type of behavior, that can and does cause serious injury to our team and those that love it, not be allowed in San Antonio.”

Some of the plaintiffs’ demands follow:

-Judgment against defendants for a sum within the jurisdictional limits of the court for all their actual and exemplary damages in a sum determined by the trier of fact but in no event greater than $73,000.00.

-A temporary restraining order be issued without notice to defendants and that defendants and others named herein be restrained from engaging in the conduct described above.

-Such other and further relief to which plaintiffs may be justly entitled.

Vazquez is clearly a passionate fan, but this might be taking things a tad too far.

Last edited by Basketball Fan on Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject:

I hope the Spurs fans loses and the judge fines him for making a frivolous law suit
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject:

That attorney should be disbarred.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

let me guess, this spurs fan felt Lamarcus's play was clean on Durant.
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:45 am    Post subject:

same play that affalo pulled on kobe a few games before the achilles injury. he landed right on the foot for a potential game winner i believe. waasnt even called a foul.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject:

This is what happens when you got nothing else going on in the city.....
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject:

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2017/05/19/come-on-really-one-spurs-fan-files-lawsuit-to-keep-warriors-from-coming-to-san-antonio/

Quote:
Come on, really? One Spurs fan files lawsuit to keep Warriors from coming to San Antonio

Well, it is more defense then some Spurs played in Game 2.

The Golden State Warriors are about to hop on a plane and head to San Antonio for Game 3 of the Western Conference Finals. The Warriors are up 2-0 in the series, and unless Kawhi Leonard can find the sort of miracle healing usually reserved for scam artist televangelists, it’s hard to see how the Spurs come back in this series.

So a San Antonio fan/business owner filed a lawsuit, seeking a restraining order to keep Zaza Pachulia — the man who injured Leonard’s foot — and the Warriors out of town. From KSAT in San Antonio (hat tip to CBS’s Eye on Basketball).

The suit claims the injury to Kawhi Leonard has had an impact on the fans, community, season-ticket holders and those whose businesses promote the Silver and Black.

“All we are asking from the court is that this type of behavior, that can and does cause serious injury to our team and those that love it, not be allowed in San Antonio,” Alfonso Kennard, Jr., lead attorney, said.

A proud moment for that attorney, this is almost like arguing before the Supreme Court.

The Leonard injury feels like it robbed us of a good series, one that would have challenged the Warriors if not knocked them off. We’ll never really know, we only got to see Leonard on the court for 24 minutes (and while the Spurs dominated those minutes, we don’t know what the series would have been like, other than closer).

But this is frivolous. Notice I didn’t mention the name of the publicity seeker who filed this suit, that’s on purpose. There’s enough real work for the overtaxed courts in this nation to deal with without this crap.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:

Was there contact? I didn't watch the game and only saw one replay but it looked like there was no contact.

As for the lawsuit, I hope the Warriors counter sue for attorney fees.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject:

Zaza just needs to walk in, say "Bruce F'n Bowen" and leave. Case dismissed. Hypocritical of Popovich to call him out when Bowen was one of the dirtiest players in the game, having injured many players in his career.
Corey78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

Preposterous. Laughable if filed in pro per, shocking when an attorney signs his name to it.

It is unclear how there is any standing to sue, cognizable damages or a cognizable cause of action.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 12:30 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:

Was there contact? I didn't watch the game and only saw one replay but it looked like there was no contact.

As for the lawsuit, I hope the Warriors counter sue for attorney fees.

Zaza's play had contact. But he jumped and landed in one motion.

LMA's play did have contact as well. Durant simply didn't roll his ankle (blind luck). But look at the replay. LMA jumped and landed. And then lifted his foot up AFTER THE CLOSE OUT, AFTER HE LANDED and put it closer to Durant's foot

It's so blatant, but the media gave it one small segment and moved on.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 4:30 pm    Post subject:

Popovich lost his mind again and didn't stay in his lane.

The result is Zaza's family gets death threats.

Yet, he will get a pass because the media is scared of him...strangely.

His whining about the Pau Gasol trade from the Griz to the Lakers was legendary. Never mind that the Griz got their franchise player in that deal who is still with them 10 years later.

He also blew the 2013 Finals with an incredible coaching blunder late in Game 6 that allowed the Heat to come back down 5 with 28 seconds left.
Dorray
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 6:16 am    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
Zaza just needs to walk in, say "Bruce F'n Bowen" and leave. Case dismissed. Hypocritical of Popovich to call him out when Bowen was one of the dirtiest players in the game, having injured many players in his career.

Exactly.
Raijin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject:

SuperboyReformed wrote:
same play that affalo pulled on kobe a few games before the achilles injury. he landed right on the foot for a potential game winner i believe. waasnt even called a foul.

Worse yet Dahntay Jones and Ray Allen constantly undercutting him. Pieces of (bleep) those 2
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: