today do you still take DLO and ingram #2 in their respective drafts?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
fiendishoc wrote:
Gatekeeper wrote:
Both guys are still young, but without knowing their progression (Ingram's rookie year & Dlo's rookie~sophomore years) you'd take Ingram over Russell based on his physical tools and skillset alone.

Physical tools, sure. But skillset???

Yep, let's not ignore the other side of the floor... basketball is played on both halves.

And Ingram was a terrible defender last year. You're projecting based on physical tools.

Still is a projection now (I mean for both players); I'd pick Ingram before Dlo regardless.

Yes, regardless of facts
akk7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Porzingis/Booker and Ingram

No Okafor?

That's surprising.
LakersAlldaWay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

Considering Dlo has outplayed Porzingis this is a pretty easy decision. And no question about Ingram. Nailed both picks.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject:

LakersAlldaWay wrote:
Considering Dlo has outplayed Porzingis this is a pretty easy decision. And no question about Ingram. Nailed both picks.

Not just Porzingis, but also Tows ... maybe even Westbrook.
LakersAlldaWay
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:32 pm    Post subject:

nash wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:

Assuming you meant Towns and that you're joking, especially since you threw Westbrook in there. I would take Towns over Dlo in a heart beat. I'm sure most would.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Both picks right now appear to be solid. There are some arguments, like Porzingis, but be honest...Lakers draft him wouldn't LG have crashed from all of the negative posts?

Takes 5 years to really know. BI is going to be special, just give him time. Guys that long that can handle the rock and if his shot matures....going to be special. DLO...maybe moving him to SG is the right answer all along.
DangeRuss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject:

LakersAlldaWay wrote:
nash wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:

Assuming you meant Towns and that you're joking, especially since you threw Westbrook in there. I would take Towns over Dlo in a heart beat. I'm sure most would.

Towns? Yes easily. Not porzingis though.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

DangeRuss wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:
nash wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:

Towns is a moot point since he went #1. If, and I stress IF, Randle develops, then Porzingis will be a moot point as well.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:18 pm    Post subject:

Call me crazy but I still like DLO over porzingis. Nothing against porzingis just feel like DLO is the better long-term play. Guard play is so important and DLO looks like he may take off here soon. His numbers seem to suggest it imo.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:41 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Call me crazy but I still like DLO over porzingis. Nothing against porzingis just feel like DLO is the better long-term play. Guard play is so important and DLO looks like he may take off here soon. His numbers seem to suggest it imo.

This is a perfectly reasonable statement.

When we take into account the development curve of both players, NBA tendencies and a lot of other things it is absolutely plausible to believe Russell is a better long-term prospect.

Telling he has outperformed Porzingis last two seasons is crazy talk.
Interesting
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 10:42 pm    Post subject:

There's a lot of homer glasses going on here with DLO. I can't believe what I'm reading. The DLO pick was a miss -- there's no other reasonable way to look at it. Both Porzingis and Devin Booker are better picks. DLo is just too slow not athletic for being a PG in today's game. Ingram pick was spot on. Took him a while to get going -- It took him until Feb/March to realize how athletic and long he was. Glad to see him start dunking on people at the end of the season.

However, Dlo was a bad pick. Imagine how much different our team would be right now if we had Porzingis on the inside and Ingram on the wing.

Right now, I would trade DLo to SAC straight up for WCS. But I doubt SAC does it which shows you a lot about what everyone thinks about DLo. We need to trade him while he's young enough where some GM may think he has some star potential still.
OregonLakerGuy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:42 pm    Post subject:

Interesting wrote:
There's a lot of homer glasses going on here with DLO. I can't believe what I'm reading. The DLO pick was a miss -- there's no other reasonable way to look at it. Both Porzingis and Devin Booker are better picks. DLo is just too slow not athletic for being a PG in today's game. Ingram pick was spot on. Took him a while to get going -- It took him until Feb/March to realize how athletic and long he was. Glad to see him start dunking on people at the end of the season.

However, Dlo was a bad pick. Imagine how much different our team would be right now if we had Porzingis on the inside and Ingram on the wing.

Right now, I would trade DLo to SAC straight up for WCS. But I doubt SAC does it which shows you a lot about what everyone thinks about DLo. We need to trade him while he's young enough where some GM may think he has some star potential still.

Blow by speed. Dunks. Eye test.
Yup, this post has it all.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:02 am    Post subject:

Interesting wrote:

It was not a miss because the only player from his class with significantly better stats is KAT.

When the gap is small you can't call it a miss.

At this point Mudiay is a miss.
anpherknee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:11 am    Post subject:

zingis and ingram out there with nobody to pass them the ball would be so lit breh
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:12 am    Post subject:

LakersAlldaWay wrote:
nash wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:

Nash is a strange cat when it comes to DLO.

And yes, as one of DLo's biggest supporter, I'd take Towns 101 out of 100 times over DLO.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 5:13 am    Post subject:

Interesting wrote:

Good lord.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:16 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
KBH wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
If DLo was so good, why would we draft another PG to replace him and force him to play out of his comfort zone? If we didn't get the lottery pick, would you guys have stuck with Dlo as the longterm solution at PG? And stayed mediocre like the the past 2 seasons?

So, you're admitting you don't know what you're talking about in this comment.

I do know we were terrible the past two seasons. While I can't place all the blame on DLo, he was our starting floor general.

I hate to break it to you, but we probably won't start being good for two more years. It takes most guys 4-5 years to become elite players in the NBA and our team is made up of mostly 1 and done guys.
scooterp10
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:23 am    Post subject:

cthroatgtr wrote:
Both picks right now appear to be solid. There are some arguments, like Porzingis, but be honest...Lakers draft him wouldn't LG have crashed from all of the negative posts?

Takes 5 years to really know. BI is going to be special, just give him time. Guys that long that can handle the rock and if his shot matures....going to be special. DLO...maybe moving him to SG is the right answer all along.

Exactly. Knicks fans were pissed when they drafted KP. It takes most guys 4 years before you know what you have.
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:24 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:
nash wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:

Towns is a moot point since he went #1. If, and I stress IF, Randle develops, then Porzingis will be a moot point as well.

At no point in Randle's career will he ever impact a game defensively the way KP does.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:38 am    Post subject:

Interesting wrote:

*golf clap*
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:23 am    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:
nash wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:

At no point in Randle's career will he ever impact a game defensively the way KP does.

And hopefully in no point in Randle's career will he ever have 6 different injuries in half a season. But unlike you. I am not Miss Cleo.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Ziggy wrote:
Gellollo wrote:
DangeRuss wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:
nash wrote:
LakersAlldaWay wrote:

And hopefully in no point in Randle's career will he ever have 6 different injuries in half a season. But unlike you. I am not Miss Cleo.

To be fair, Randle only had one, but it lasted a full season.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject:

GreekTrojan wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
OregonLakerGuy wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
DLo is (bleep). What does everyone here see in him anyways? I would have taken Porzingis over him in a heartbeat.

Zubac
Porzingis
Ingram
JC
Ball

Production. Talent. Improvement.

Skills

Endowment effect.

Hey, let's keep it PG in here.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

evetssteve10 wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Porzingis & Ingram.

5. Porzingis stretching the floor and protecting the rim
4. Randle bully ball
3. Ingram being Ingram

Man. That would be one sick front court. Maybe the GOAT frontcourt someday.

There's also something so tantalizing to me having Jackson and Ingram on the floor together at both the forward spots or one of them at the SG spot the defense would be out of this world - I know we still need a true PG so Ball makes sense but it's just a thought - we could always obtain a PG thru FA - just a thought

I like Issac actually- those two on D would be insane!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Interesting wrote:

Not interesting
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7
Jump to: