What will Magic/Rob/Luke do with Mosgov and Deng
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Gotta package them with non cornerstone talent. A combo of Clarkson and Randle (even 28 and Nance) with Deng and Moz.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Since neither are American citizens, could the Lakers revoke their Work Visa's then have the INS deport them thus breaking their contracts?

(LOL)

Does Magic know Trump? If so he needs to call him and get this done...

(First to say?)
DO IT MAGIC...!
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:
Gotta package them with non cornerstone talent. A combo of Clarkson and Randle (even 28 and Nance) with Deng and Moz.

So we are bad because we lack talent and the solution is to deal some of the limited talent we have to dump a couple of contracts? Sounds like the Donald Sterling Clippers.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject:

Why did we get them in the first place? Cause Luke thought he could use them. He has to figure out how to effectively use them in his system. A point guard that can get them the ball in the right spots might help.

Anyway, I doubt we can get back anything worthwhile, and we may have to give up Clarkson just to get an expiring.

probably best just to figure out how to use them in the system, at least for this year.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject:

I think Magic, Rob n Luke will make lemonade with
MozDeng...not much to do with those contracts without
giving up our youth or picks. The other alternative
is to streach Deng IF there is a player that will really make
a difference PG / GH type
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 1:06 am    Post subject:

Goldenwest wrote:
Why did we get them in the first place? Cause Luke thought he could use them. He has to figure out how to effectively use them in his system. A point guard that can get them the ball in the right spots might help.

Anyway, I doubt we can get back anything worthwhile, and we may have to give up Clarkson just to get an expiring.

probably best just to figure out how to use them in the system, at least for this year.
Maybe Ball (if they draft him) will be the Floor General that will have everybody in the right place to allow Deng and Mosgov maximize their talents

Ball hopefully will get Mosgov and Deng where they can do some damage on offense.

Luke needs to know who can play defense since we have seen DLO and JC not able to defend, hence putting Mosgov in bad situations. Luke wanted Deng for defense, maybe he will provide that in the upcoming season. Potential problem is that Deng is more effective at the 4. Since Randle is having Harden-like problems on defense and he is eligible for a new contract this year - FO needs to know/evaluate if they want to pay Randle's price.

Trading when the need for cap space is needed is putting one in a weak position. Always best to have Cap Space so that one can act quickly while getting max value out of any trades

Is Randle a Draymond Green or a Kenneth Faried? The answer might be key on whether the FO keep Deng, especially since we know that Nance can play D but maybe not a starter
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 4:58 am    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Trading when the need for cap space is needed is putting one in a weak position.

It's Mozgov and Deng with 3 years remaining on their contracts. Deng just had the worst year of his career. Mozgov was benched in favor of a 19 year old second round pick. And you're trying to say that now is the time to trade them?? Their value is negative right now. If either of them plays decently this year, their value goes up, because not only did they play better, there's only 2 years left on their contract.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

You won't move them till at least next year with so much money on the books. With no viable FA this year, youbmigt as well hold off.

Maybe someone will get super desperate. Or perhaps there's another bad contract out there that fits our talent a bit better.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject:

I have kind of accepted one way or the other, we will pay these contracts....either over the 4 years, or through a stretch provision.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:59 am    Post subject:

Whatever happened to mozgov rolling to the basket? I swear I thought he had a highlight lob/pass dunks every game early on
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Whatever happened to mozgov rolling to the basket? I swear I thought he had a highlight lob/pass dunks every game early on

he was ok early on, but then it seemed like be began to collect 3 fouls in 5 minutes.
Mustaine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:23 am    Post subject:

Trade Mozgov and Houston's pick for Biyombo. Moz could fill Biyombo's role at the Orlando's bench.

And Biyombo could be our Ben Wallace.
la4win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

We are stuck with them. I still have some hope for Deng to be a serviceable bench player. Nick is most likely gone, so he should take up the backup SF minutes.
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject:

How about Deng and #28 for Ross, Augustin and #35?

Orlando gets Deng who could backup Gordon at PF and move up in the draft to get another 1st.

We get Ross who is young, athletic and can shoot the 3, Augustin who would be a solid veteran mentor to Ball, and a 2nd.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:43 pm    Post subject:

richmorgan12 wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:

Trading when the need for cap space is needed is putting one in a weak position.
It's Mozgov and Deng with 3 years remaining on their contracts. Deng just had the worst year of his career. Mozgov was benched in favor of a 19 year old second round pick. And you're trying to say that now is the time to trade them?? Their value is negative right now. If either of them plays decently this year, their value goes up, because not only did they play better, there's only 2 years left on their contract.
I am saying that one should not wait to trade any bad contracts

There are various scenarios where Deng and/or Mosgov could be included in trades
* Another team needs to be above the financial floor for CAP reasons
* Need to match salaries in S&T scenarios
* Maybe somebody like Thibbs need a veteran perimeter defender
* Maybe a team needs a veteran low post player (like the Celtics)

There is no haste, but just waiting does not make sense
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:58 pm    Post subject:

la4win wrote:
We are stuck with them. I still have some hope for Deng to be a serviceable bench player. Nick is most likely gone, so he should take up the backup SF minutes.

In light of recent events I have some hope for Moz. He's a big target for Lonzo who can rim run and finish decently.

I can't see anything with Deng .
Scoffs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Phil can do us a favor and take Deng off our hands. Deng + Mozgov for Carmelo?
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject:

Moz/Deng's Laker future in part depends on whether Magic was just blowing smoke when he mentions Lakers goal to

1) forgo any 2017 FA
2) Be able to sign 2 FA in 2018

If you take Magic at his word, Pelinka's got a lot of work in the next 12 months to free up that much cap space. And yes, Lakers will need to figure out what to do with Moz/Deng. Not sure stretching them would be enough, but that is a possibility.

Moz actually does have trade value. I also think his value will go up next season if he gets to play with Ball. Ball will raise the game and value of all his teammates, but I think the bigs will benefit the most. Maybe Moz value improves enough by mid season he could be moved in a trade.

Deng is the tough one. Lakers need to stop playing him at 3. He is most effective at 4 at this stage. Of course, Lakers have Nance/Randle at 4. Maybe you play Nance at 5 more to get Deng a few minutes at 4.

In the end, Deng will probably be nothing more than trade fodder to balance salaries.
Karmaloop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject:

Artesties wrote:

Easier said than done. Teams aren't just going to willingly eat that kind of salary without being compensated.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Both are long in the tooth but Moz is probably the one to keep, simply because he's overpaid and we might as well get something out of him, because I'm not sure who would want that contract.
If you were to put Moz on a playoff team, he would truly make a difference, but on this team, he's simply not a workable piece. At the end of the day, there might not be much out there to get in lieu of Mozgov, so we might as well make the most of it.
Deng on the other hand might be tradeable, if you package him with a nick young and couple of 2nd rounders we could possibly get a future piece or an adequate player for Deng.
LakerFan1972
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 6:26 pm    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
Artesties wrote:

Easier said than done. Teams aren't just going to willingly eat that kind of salary without being compensated.

You are certainly not going to be able to both of them in the same trade. I also would not consider a trade with JC, Randle and Nance.
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:24 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan1972 wrote:
Moz/Deng's Laker future in part depends on whether Magic was just blowing smoke when he mentions Lakers goal to

1) forgo any 2017 FA

If you take Magic at his word, Pelinka's got a lot of work in the next 12 months to free up that much cap space. And yes, Lakers will need to figure out what to do with Moz/Deng. Not sure stretching them would be enough, but that is a possibility.

Moz actually does have trade value. I also think his value will go up next season if he gets to play with Ball. Ball will raise the game and value of all his teammates, but I think the bigs will benefit the most. Maybe Moz value improves enough by mid season he could be moved in a trade.

Deng is the tough one. Lakers need to stop playing him at 3. He is most effective at 4 at this stage. Of course, Lakers have Nance/Randle at 4. Maybe you play Nance at 5 more to get Deng a few minutes at 4.

In the end, Deng will probably be nothing more than trade fodder to balance salaries.
Will Mosgov and Deng play better with players that have one additional year of experience with an even stronger focus on sticking with their defensive principals. One needs a great deal more energy and athletic ability to compensate for not having people that hard a great deal of problem of defending the perimeter
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LakerFan1972 wrote:

1) forgo any 2017 FA

Will Mosgov and Deng play better with players that have one additional year of experience with an even stronger focus on sticking with their defensive principals. One needs a great deal more energy and athletic ability to compensate for not having people that hard a great deal of problem of defending the perimeter

Mosgov actually had a typical year; he pretty much played at his career average. He is what he is. He won't be more.

Deng is the question mark. The problem is a running offense isn't ideal for him. I think he can still help some team; I'm not sure we are that team though
A Mad Chinaman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
A Mad Chinaman wrote:
LakerFan1972 wrote:

1) forgo any 2017 FA

Mosgov actually had a typical year; he pretty much played at his career average. He is what he is. He won't be more.

Deng is the question mark. The problem is a running offense isn't ideal for him. I think he can still help some team; I'm not sure we are that team though
FO is hoping that he will have a year similar to what he had with the Cave in the 2014-2015 season.

Luke must have a reason to want to acquire Mosgov and Deng. Even with DLO and JC, they are not guards like Wall or Westbrook. They are not a running team but they do want to play with pace - ala Warriors.

Dang must have a stronger presence on the court, since it is hard to be a leader if one is not producing at the highest level.
Lakerfan#37
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Mustaine wrote:
Trade Mozgov and Houston's pick for Biyombo. Moz could fill Biyombo's role at the Orlando's bench.

And Biyombo could be our Ben Wallace.

I like that trade. I also wouldn't mind mozgov and 28th pick for brook Lopez. Maybe throw in a future 2nd rder.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: