The Positive Energy/Healthy Perspective Thread- "I'm So Glad We Kept The Pick"
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: The Positive Energy/Healthy Perspective Thread- "I'm So Glad We Kept The Pick"

When you get tired of the back and forth over various prospects, when you feel like your head is going to explode as you wonder about how different players' weaknesses can be improved upon in the NBA and whether a particular player will fit in with the Lakers, when you can't take one more post that proposes trading BI, DLO or the #2 pick for PG13............

When you have no desire to watch another blowout in the playoffs, read about how Steph and Lebron are the greatest players ever, or watch Mike Brown on the sidelines in the WCF........

When you're having a bad day at the office, when your significant other is being a pain in the arse or when something stops working that you count on at your house/in your car/ wherever........

Or even if you're having a great day in Hawaii and just killing some time before the new swell hits later in the day and the surf comes up........

this is the place for you to drop a quick post of gratitude for the following:

We have the #2 pick.
We're not miserably waiting through the playoffs for a draft with #28 and #33
We kept the 2019 pick..
Philly didn't get two top 5 picks. (Suck it haters, aka worst sports fans in America.)
BI, Zu, #2 and #28 are going to own Vegas this summer.
There will be no tank thread next season and we will all be rooting for the team to win every game. No more conflicted feelings about wins.

And did I forget to mention ? WE KEPT THE PICK AND IT'S THE #2 PICK IN THE DRAFT!!!!

Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 7:53 pm    Post subject:

And since it's 90% that the Lakers will take Ball, I'm assuming LG won't be super divided because everyone expects the same thing.

However, I can see a little group of advocates emerge vocalizing their desire for Fox for the entire next season.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:04 pm    Post subject:

Nice thread overall, something to remember no matter what happens.
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject:

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Should post some links to Laker fan reacts on YouTube to keeping our picks.

Love all my Laker brothers and sisters out there.

Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Go Lakers! I trust the front office to pick the best player at #2 and #28. I will cheer who ever it is on!
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 8:23 pm    Post subject:

There won't be much divide this year. Ingram was clearly the #2 last year and lonzo is a good pick at #2. Dlo's year is tough bc everyone expected okafor, but it turned out both were outshined by Porzingis and maybe even booker
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:16 pm    Post subject:

It's on my tivo and I still watch it over and over and over. I am giddy.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:19 pm    Post subject:

15 wrote:
There won't be much divide this year. Ingram was clearly the #2 last year and lonzo is a good pick at #2. Dlo's year is tough bc everyone expected okafor, but it turned out both were outshined by Porzingis and maybe even booker

Porky maybe, but not Booker. There is a reason they're the 2nd worst. If instructed and given the green light, and the minutes, D'Lo can replicate the tunnel vision shooting that Booker was doing. In the words of Magic, I'm good. I'm good with D'LO.
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 9:50 pm    Post subject:

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject:

Don't forget, they're only 19, 20, 21 ish
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject:

Nothing but positive energy to keeping the pick. I felt like it will keep us from making a desperation move this off-season like we did last summer in free-agency. We're committed to Luke and the youth movement which suits me fine.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject:

Something to do for fun in a positive energy thread: post (not maliciously) some of the responses from May 16th before the results were revealed.

You've got folks who "gonna faint" or: "folks, I have this eerie feeling that we're going to lose the pick, and I'm going to..." on here that day. I'm glad they can relax now, and now we can laugh together.

Apparently we have experts on facial expressions and body language because the things they were saying about Pelinka or Magic's facial expressions/body language are comic gold.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:

I've noticed a divide. There's a vocal enough minority of fans who are not in on Lonzo. There's a good number of Jackson and Fox (surprisingly) Laker fans out there. I don't think the Lakers' pick is a foregone conclusion based on the rhetoric that's come out from the org so far. If anything, Lonzo has a loud fanbase in the Lakers' fan community, but maybe not an overwhelming majority.

I'm just happy we keep it. All the guys I just mentioned have really high upsides, even Fox (grumble), and there's a slim chance at Fultz too.
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject:

I'm so depressed, like why can't we just get the number 1 pick one time?!?! So close every damn year!!!

JK,

but low key not really
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject:

15 wrote:

Booker if you are a fan of empty stats. And Porzingis maybe if he can stay healthy, but he can't. DLO has also had his share of injuries.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook - good OP! We kept the pick! 2 first round picks this year!!

AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 1:56 pm    Post subject:

Thanks for the good vibes OP. Now only if I didn't have to work tonight.
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Extremely excited that we kept the pick. I don't even think it's fully hit me yet, because I had come to terms with losing it this year up until the lotto.

....now we just have to pray Magic & Co keeps the young guys together.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Extremely excited that we kept the pick. I don't even think it's fully hit me yet, because I had come to terms with losing it this year up until the lotto.

....now we just have to pray Magic & Co keeps the young guys together.

"I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship."

mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 7:20 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
And since it's 90% that the Lakers will take Ball, I'm assuming LG won't be super divided because everyone expects the same thing.

However, I can see a little group of advocates emerge vocalizing their desire for Fox for the entire next season.
if they unleash ball. I have a feeling fans will love him from the start. since the only thing that divides fans are when you have scorers. some people are more drawn to pass first score second guys. while others love the pg/sg scorers of the nba.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 10:09 pm    Post subject:

Awesome Thread

Julius didn't really excite me, but I kind of came around.

DLo had me pumped until he reminded me he was just a kid and it was going to take some time...plus Byron...ugggggh. But I really like DLo, just like him more with the thought of Ball carrying some of the load.

Then Luke and all the talk about bringing the JOY back...bromance engaged.

Then Brandon had me so pumped last year I was praying we kept the pick to get him. And what we saw after the AS Break was ROY worthy had he played like that starting in Dec/Jan....That DUNK and scream was like DAMN this kid has arrived. He's a special player with such a bright future.

Then the ouster of Jim for Magic's very inclusive, aggressive, unbendingly confident approach...and I'm like nervous because of the potential for mistakes...but with each day it just seems like we're seeing the reason why he's been so successful at everything he's ever done.

Now the #2...and the reality is we're blessed to get Ball, Fultz, or Jackson...we'll all have our favorite, but regardless of who we select there is a genuine feeling that we are on the way back up FINALLY.

I LOVE Laker Basketball. It's woven into the fabric of my family from my dad to my brothers to my brothers from other mothers to my son...not being able to talk about it with everyone has felt like such a punishment for so many years...and now it feels like those days are finally over.

We ain't winning nothing for at least 3 years...but watching an exciting brand of fastbreak basketball...of LAKER Basketball and getting to have that gift back in our lives is special.

Just like Kobe said...It's In Our DNA.

#BannersOverBillboards
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: The Positive Energy/Healthy Perspective Thread- "I'm So Glad We Kept The Pick"

Two weeks from now, we'll have the #2 pick doing interviews in a Lakers hat, while we wait to see who's there at #28.

More thankful than ever that the losses this season paid off in keeping this pick (and 2019 first) thanks to some helpful lotto luck. Can't wait for draft night!

WE KEPT THE PICK AND IT'S THE #2 PICK IN THE DRAFT!!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: