Barkley: Lebron not yet better than Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
H1st
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
manofboy wrote:
Wrong lol.
Kobe tried to go to Chicago.
LeBron's second best teammate was Mo (bleep) Williams.
Y'all are like Trump voters

:yawn:

Big yawn
4. Kobe
5. Duncan
6. Shaq
7. LeBron
8. Wilt
9. Bird
10. Russell
H1st
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Kobe might have more skills but LeBron is more dominant and if you are starting a team, you have to go with LeBron.

I'd take the more skilled player; thats just me
4. Kobe
5. Duncan
6. Shaq
7. LeBron
8. Wilt
9. Bird
10. Russell
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
Kobe might have more skills but LeBron is more dominant and if you are starting a team, you have to go with LeBron.

More dominate than Kobe? Name the top 4 defenders in LeBron era of Dominance....
manofboy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:04 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:

More dominate than Kobe? Name the top 4 defenders in LeBron era of Dominance....

What are you implying? Also, why 4?

Last edited by manofboy on Sat May 27, 2017 6:23 am; edited 1 time in total
manofboy
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:07 am    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
manofboy wrote:
Wrong lol.

I'd rather play with Mo than Smush, but thats just me

What does Smush Parker have to do with this? Unbelievable lmao

Last edited by manofboy on Sat May 27, 2017 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:10 am    Post subject:

manofboy wrote:

Again, like Trump voters

Make The Lakers Great Again!
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

“I don’t think he’s (LeBron) surpassed Kobe (Bryant) at all, no,” Pippen told Cari Champion during a Wednesday appearance on ESPN. “And I don’t think he (LeBron) should be compared to either of those players (Jordan or Bryant), because they play different positions.

“Kobe and Michael (Jordan) are both two-guards. They’re both scorers. They’re mostly like a Kyrie (Irving). They’re looking to score the basketball when it hits their hand. They’re not looking to make plays for anyone on the floor. They’re not looking to be a facilitator. That’s the role that LeBron plays because he’s such a dominant and powerful force, and he’s a great passer.”

Pippen went on to compare James to players like Magic Johnson and himself, as they were more of distributors than pure scorers like Bryant and Michael Jordan.
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 8:50 pm    Post subject:

manofboy wrote:
pkflyers wrote:
manofboy wrote:
Wrong lol.

I'd rather play with Mo than Smush, but thats just me

What does Smush Parker have to do with this? Unbelievable lmao

What does mo williams have to do with this?

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
kobeandgary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 5:17 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

So all the nonstop losing Lebron does in the finals...that's what dominating looks like? Or does he in fact beat up on weak eastern teams and lose whenever he actually faces decent teams?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:48 am    Post subject:

Recently, Phoenix Suns forward Jared Dudley appeared on “In The Zone With Chris Broussard“, and one of the topics discussed was which player as the most difficult for Dudley to guard. A ten-year NBA veteran known for his hard-nosed defense, Dudley has matched up with some of the best to ever set foot on the hardwood. With a Finals matchup between LeBron James and Kevin Durant looming, the player sitting at the top of Dudley’s list may have been something of a surprise:

Who's the toughest to guard – Kobe, LeBron, or Durant?

Jared Dudley tells @Chris_Broussard. SUBSCRIBE: https://t.co/OkBeykET82 pic.twitter.com/pljt5u4Tvz

— FS1 (@FS1) May 14, 2017

Dudley selected Los Angeles Lakers legend Kobe Bryant as the most difficult to guard, putting him ahead of talented forwards James and Durant. When asked to explain, Dudley referenced Bryant’s mentality, which was certainly legendary. Bryant was a cerebral assassin, breaking down teams using his incredible basketball mind and ruthless demeanor.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:59 am    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

I agree with this. Of course I'd also take Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Duncan, Jordan and Hakeem over either of them, if I'm starting a team.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:05 am    Post subject:

LeBron will be in the Top-5 greatest non-Lakers of all time, after all is said and done.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
LeBron will be in the Top-5 greatest non-Lakers of all time, after all is said and done.
He's already there imo.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject:

Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, Russell.

That's top 4 and probably not debatable

It's a tossup between Bron, Kobe, Magic for the 5 spot
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
Jordan, Kareem, Wilt, Russell.

That's top 4 and probably not debatable

It's a tossup between Bron, Kobe, Magic for the 5 spot
lol at short russell not being debateable beacause he won so many rings in an era where his team was ultra stacked vs most if not all of the other teams.

Kareem is not up for debate at all.
magic is not up for debate at all.

prime mike and prime kobe are not up for debate either.

Wilt as good as he was should have won a lot more rings. Something is off their and we know a lot of that era he played in guys were no where near his size/athleticism like they were during pat ewings, drobs, hakeems, smits eras.

Quiet as kept. If we both went legendary team vs legendary team. I might choose hakeem over Wilt, Shaq, and Russell. And i'm a shaq homer.

What I do know is this. Only Dirk and Hakeem come to mind for guys that have won rings with no other superstars on the team.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject:

(bleep) it.. put Dirk in the top 5.

Now what?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 8:22 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
“I don’t think he’s (LeBron) surpassed Kobe (Bryant) at all, no,” Pippen told Cari Champion during a Wednesday appearance on ESPN. “And I don’t think he (LeBron) should be compared to either of those players (Jordan or Bryant), because they play different positions.

“Kobe and Michael (Jordan) are both two-guards. They’re both scorers. They’re mostly like a Kyrie (Irving). They’re looking to score the basketball when it hits their hand. They’re not looking to make plays for anyone on the floor. They’re not looking to be a facilitator. That’s the role that LeBron plays because he’s such a dominant and powerful force, and he’s a great passer.”

Pippen went on to compare James to players like Magic Johnson and himself, as they were more of distributors than pure scorers like Bryant and Michael Jordan.

It's an interesting contrast to Phil Jackson's opinion of the positions those guys played. Phil wrote than Jordan played forward, Pippen played guard and that on the Kobe-Shaq Lakers, Fox had Pipp's role, Kobe had MJ's.

LeBron plays like a guard, a lead guard, handling the ball and setting up others much like Magic did but without the aid of Cap, a dominant interior scorer.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
governator wrote:

It's an interesting contrast to Phil Jackson's opinion of the positions those guys played. Phil wrote than Jordan played forward, Pippen played guard and that on the Kobe-Shaq Lakers, Fox had Pipp's role, Kobe had MJ's.

LeBron plays like a guard, a lead guard, handling the ball and setting up others much like Magic did but without the aid of Cap, a dominant interior scorer.
fox may have had the role of pippen. but he was not nearly as good as pip was. which meant kobe had to do those honors as well.

there was never a full season where kobe could just think about scoring and not worry about getting guys involved or setting up the offense. not one season once he became a starter. except for the gp, malone season. but even then he had to do the honors of facilitator to some degree until GP learned the triangle.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

I agree with this. Of course I'd also take Magic, Kareem, Shaq, Wilt, Duncan, Jordan and Hakeem over either of them, if I'm starting a team.

i'm wondering how long did it take for these guys to lead their teams to the 1st title.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

manofboy wrote:
Wrong lol.

Yes.

Because TRYING to go to Chicago to play with Loul Deng as your 2nd option is the EXACT same as actually team-jumping TWICE before your prime is over to form 2 Superteams to maximize your ring count...

audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject:

manofboy wrote:
Wrong lol.

im not a LeBron hater but you are playing down the talent some of those Cavs teams had. Mo and Zydrunas were all star level players and they had some very solid role players on those teams. And you have to factor in that the East was very weak that inflated win count and playoff success.
If you want to talk garbage teams look at the team Kobe lead and almost pulled off one of the biggest upsets ever against a very talented Suns team.

And Kobe trying to go to Chicago is ridiculous to bring up... that is nothing compared to trying to form super teams.
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
manofboy wrote:
Wrong lol.

im not a LeBron hater but you are playing down the talent some of those Cavs teams had. Mo and Zydrunas were all star level players and they had some very solid role players on those teams. And you have to factor in that the East was very weak that inflated win count and playoff success.
If you want to talk garbage teams look at the team Kobe lead and almost pulled off one of the biggest upsets ever against a very talented Suns team.

And Kobe trying to go to Chicago is ridiculous to bring up... that is nothing compared to trying to form super teams.

He's also a troll.

RIP Jonathan Tang
RIP Alex Gruenberg

Free KBCB
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject:

kobeandgary wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

So all the nonstop losing Lebron does in the finals...that's what dominating looks like? Or does he in fact beat up on weak eastern teams and lose whenever he actually faces decent teams?

You act like getting to the Finals is not an accomplishment. That team in 2007 had no business being there. LeBron on any team is an automatic Finals contender. Can you say the same thing about Kobe? Probably not.

LeBron has more athletic talent, is bigger and stronger. Again Kobe has more skills but if the skills are close, you take the player who is more physically dominant.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
kobeandgary wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

You act like getting to the Finals is not an accomplishment. That team in 2007 had no business being there. LeBron on any team is an automatic Finals contender. Can you say the same thing about Kobe? Probably not.

LeBron has more athletic talent, is bigger and stronger. Again Kobe has more skills but if the skills are close, you take the player who is more physically dominant.

So is Jason Kidd on any team an automatic Finals contender because he carried an equally mediocre supporting cast to TWO Finals through the weak East?

The only real contenders that LeBron has been on have been the ones where he has multiple all-star teammates (Heat with Wade/Bosh, Cavs with Kyrie/Love)
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Kobe wanted out of LA because he thought they weren't really dedicated to winning at that point. They didn't seem to do anything to improve the team. The Cavs did try to improve, they just kept screwing it up (Shaq?).

Pippen had it right they play different positions.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14
Jump to: