Kareem's new book: Coach Wooden and Me

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:25 am    Post subject: Kareem's new book: Coach Wooden and Me

http://www.kabc.com/2017/05/22/kareem-abdul-jabbar-recounts-life-with-coach-wooden/

https://www.amazon.com/Coach-Wooden-Me-50-Year-Friendship/dp/145554227X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495545913&sr=8-1&keywords=coach+wooden+and+me
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kareem's new book: Coach Wooden and Me

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
http://www.kabc.com/2017/05/22/kareem-abdul-jabbar-recounts-life-with-coach-wooden/

https://www.amazon.com/Coach-Wooden-Me-50-Year-Friendship/dp/145554227X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1495545913&sr=8-1&keywords=coach+wooden+and+me

Good stuff there!

Cap always has some nuggets to share & Coach Wooden was truly a gem.
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject:

Coach Wooden was such a nice man. Even in his advanced years, he had an extraordinary aura. When I was at UCLA, I was a concessions supervisor and we had a standing policy that Coach paid for nothing. Whatever he wanted was on the house. Every game at Pauley, he would walk up, sometimes with his grandson, and would order the same thing - a regular hotdog, and a small diet coke. He would ALWAYS take out his wallet to pay. I had the pleasure (a few times) of putting my hands over his and saying, 'Coach, this is on the house.' Just a gracious man.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
Coach Wooden was such a nice man. Even in his advanced years, he had an extraordinary aura. When I was at UCLA, I was a concessions supervisor and we had a standing policy that Coach paid for nothing. Whatever he wanted was on the house. Every game at Pauley, he would walk up, sometimes with his grandson, and would order the same thing - a regular hotdog, and a small diet coke. He would ALWAYS take out his wallet to pay. I had the pleasure (a few times) of putting my hands over his and saying, 'Coach, this is on the house.' Just a gracious man.

Great story
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
hoopschick29 wrote:

Great story

Thank you very much for sharing
rmonkey
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I just finished reading this book. There are some great hoops stories scattered in there. But it's mostly about a unique relationship between 2 extraordinary, and very different, men. I highly recommend it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: