Byron Scott continues his rant against the Lakers
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tom
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Byron Scott continues his rant against the Lakers

http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170524/byron-scott-felt-betrayed-lied-to-and-deceived-by-mitch-kupchak-jim-buss

Says the team lied to him and used him to keep Kobe in check. Also took shots at the young players again.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject:

The Parking Brake.

Let it go.

It's over. Move on Byron.

If he wasn't part of Showtime, he doesn't get the job.

It's because he was a part of Showtime that Lakers fans can still begrudgingly appreciate him.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject:

From the article.

Quote:
“Given that opportunity again,” Scott said, “I wouldn’t change anything, especially my approach.”

This is why I don't see him getting another NBA head coaching gig. Unbelievable.
FanOfFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:03 am    Post subject:

The guy should be thankful that the Lakers employed him for 2 seasons after being virtually unemployable. Nobody was knocking down his door to hire him. So honestly, STFU Byron. Now if they allegedly did something like that to Luke, who was actually sought after by multiple organizations, then it's a different story. But when you're rescued from the soup kitchen line and paid handsomely for it? Best be grateful instead of bitter.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Let it go. You had your shot.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Scott mused “this old-school stuff people keep talking about, if old school and hard work is winning, I guess I’m old school.”

Winning? Says the losingest coach in NBA history. What a completely self-unaware insecure dbag.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
From the article.

Quote:
“Given that opportunity again,” Scott said, “I wouldn’t change anything, especially my approach.”

This is why I don't see him getting another NBA head coaching gig. Unbelievable.

If it wasn't for us, Cleveland would have been his last stop. The writing was on the wall for Byron years ago. He's just too proud to admit it.

!...
Gatekeeper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject:

Hard to tell who was worse as a Lakers/ManUnited fan: Moyes or Byron; both were crap.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:11 am    Post subject:

[waiting for the 1-2 vocal Byron supporters to weigh in]. Bueller?
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject:

Byron selling dat click-bait!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject:

You'd think the conspicuous 2-year guarantee on a 4-year deal would have been a sufficient enough clue as to management's intentions. I don't buy that he was caught off guard. He happily took the check and remodeled the kitchen.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:29 am    Post subject:

Worst coaching record in NBA history. Unceremoniously fired from each of his jobs. Players meetings held against him. And yet Byron still has the lack of awareness to blame others for his dismissal. It's almost unbelievable, but we know how Byron is at this point.
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject:

Seems to me that this is less about sour grapes on Byron's end and more about yet another unnecessary attack on Jim/Mitch by Jeannie/Magic's camp. They got what they wanted, is there really any need to keep hitting these guys when they're already down and out? And using the Byron angle to do it? I (and most fans, I assume) would NEVER view this clown as a sympathetic figure.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject:

Well if steve kerr is out, maybe oakland is the place for byron?
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:39 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
From the article.

Quote:

Probably all I need to read. Thanks for the summary.
VANEXELtoJONES
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

Looking back on it, Byron is probably right about Mitch and Jimbo using him to get through Kobe's final two years. Byron isn't entirely to blame.
Vic5150
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:46 am    Post subject:

Gatekeeper wrote:
Hard to tell who was worse as a Lakers/ManUnited fan: Moyes or Byron; both were crap.

Moyes just resigned after regulation and I'm still going with Byron being the worse of the two.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

So DLO arrived before practice started but that wasn't enough?

I mean, I guess ideally you want your players there at 5am putting up shots the way Kobe used to but it's not like DLO was showing up late, hung over, etc.

Anyway, glad this moron is gone. Everything he says contradicts the next.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Re: Byron Scott continues his rant against the Lakers

tom wrote:
http://www.dailynews.com/sports/20170524/byron-scott-felt-betrayed-lied-to-and-deceived-by-mitch-kupchak-jim-buss

Says the team lied to him and used him to keep Kobe in check. Also took shots at the young players again.

I can care less about his grudge but one thing that bothers me is the question mark on someone work ethic. For a young player, that's a huge red flag. Hopefully this player is not an entitled one because even with Kobe and all his talent, he still has that impeccable work ethic .

Last edited by CRoost on Wed May 24, 2017 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:50 am    Post subject:

So glad he is gone....
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
Seems to me that this is less about sour grapes on Byron's end and more about yet another unnecessary attack on Jim/Mitch by Jeannie/Magic's camp. They got what they wanted, is there really any need to keep hitting these guys when they're already down and out? And using the Byron angle to do it? I (and most fans, I assume) would NEVER view this clown as a sympathetic figure.

I don't see that at all.

This is Byron being Byron. Everyone else F'ed up but not him. I mean he wrote a book on being successful.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

Last month was the 8th year anniversary of the time when Commander Scott coached a team that had CP3 and still lost by 58 points. At home. In the playoffs.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200904270NOH.html
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Byron Scott continues his rant against the Lakers

CRoost wrote:
tom wrote:

I can care less about his grudge but one thing that bothers me is the question mark on someone work ethic. For a young player, that's a huge red flag.

As GT would say, so a player who is a bust/unathletic/bad work ethic/bad teammate is still somehow able to put up the stats he did.

I see it as a glass is half full perspective. Imagine if the light goes on and he starts really putting in the work.
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
From the article.

Quote:

You know, I don't think Byron was the right man for the job but he does have a point about Mitch and Jim.

Also, this team was in tank mode. How do you know Jim and Mitch didn't tell him to run different combinations of players in order to tank? We have little idea what those two guys were telling him they wanted him to do!!???

It's kind of funny that you all put so much blame on Byron when we all know that Jim had put this team in such a bad position in the first place. We did NOT have the players and were playing with the worst Kobe that ever existed. He should have retired a year earlier, sad to say that but Scott was in a no win situation and he was trying to teach these kids some hard realities. No offense but some of the BS going on with this team made me sick. The Nick inspired partying after winning one game in 3 weeks crap has got to go.

And I am not sure he doesn't have a point about DLO, there has been some comments made that would indicate that there might be a problem here.

IF, <= big if, Magic decides to trade him for someone else and take a shot on a new PG that he drafts, that will be the final smoking gun on this guy. If he isn't Purple and Gold material, Magic is going to set him straight or cut the strings. I trust Magic on this one. I pray that DLO has it more together than this would indicate, but it is a concern going forward.
iceberg01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

Well... let's be honest: he's telling the truth. He WAS a scapegoat. The plan for his whole tenure was to stealth tank: talk a lot of crap about competing and playoffs, and fill up the whole team with retreads, CBA-level players, and 19 year olds. Then he got let go and people blamed him for everything.

Just a season later, Luke also had issues with Randle & Russell (& benched Russell as well), and only won a few more games, arguably due to the continued (incremental) maturation of the youngins, and with another #2 pick. Yet B Scott is reviled & Luke is adored. Laker fans need to thank him for his service--falling on the sword--and perhaps LISTEN to what he's saying.

If you read the article, he's intimating--rather--yelling--that Russell has been a problem. Not necessarily a Code Red--but he's saying there's some issues there. And he's saying Russell may be the odd man out. He coached him and had first hand experience with him. And he's a Laker who's coached & played with Hall of Famers. His opinion needs to be respected.

I don't think it's time to give up on Russell yet. But sounds like he has some maturity issues that he needs to get out of ASAP. If he's not what everyone thought he would be, and can't be at least a near-All-Star level player, it may be time to get something for him while his perceived upside is still high. Just saying...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9
Jump to: