Lakers Hire Gunnar Peterson as Director Strength & Conditioning
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2005
Posts: 5213

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Lakers Hire Gunnar Peterson as Director Strength & Conditioning

Gunnar! Good name.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30041
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject:

welcome to the lakers!
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
textbook
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Mar 2015
Posts: 874

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject:

Looks legit...
http://gunnarpeterson.com/
_________________
Ball / Rondo / AC / Bonga
KCP / Hart / Svi
Ingram / Lance / Wear
Lebron / Kuzma / Beasley / Deng
McGee / Wagner / Zubac
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tom
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2009
Posts: 7251

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Greg Beacham‏
Verified account
 @gregbeacham 2m
2 minutes ago


More
Greg Beacham Retweeted Los Angeles Lakers
Gunnar Peterson is best known for training the Kardashian clan, Sly Stallone, J-Lo and Ben Affleck. Now he's got a job with the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22545

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Apparently Gunnar is a celebrity trainer. Ok... interesting. Yes, welcome to the Lakers!

Last edited by K2 on Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VujacicFan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Aug 2005
Posts: 6053

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject:

Kim Kardashian's trainer. Makes sense because the Lakers have the best young assets in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 27936

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject:

"Gunnar"

legit!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1442
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject:

I don't know him, but his name commands respect.
_________________
Lonzo-Ingram-Randle-Kuzma.

Keep them together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief


Joined: 07 Sep 2001
Posts: 35975
Location: O.C.

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject:

Kind of a well-known "Hollywood" choice I recognize.

Anyone dig up what athletes he's trained?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1442
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:48 am    Post subject:

From his website:

"Through his own fitness product development company, Outside Shot, Gunnar has created The Bottom LineC™, a total body exercise machine, The RAC™, an accessory that incorporates weighted upper body work with Spinning®, and Hoop Hands™, a basketball-specific resistance training aid."
_________________
Lonzo-Ingram-Randle-Kuzma.

Keep them together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30041
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

I wonder, did he interview for the job, or did pelinka and magic reach out to him?
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 16291

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
Kind of a well-known "Hollywood" choice I recognize.

Anyone dig up what athletes he's trained?


Trained Mera for the Justice League and Aquaman movie.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lkjhf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Jun 2012
Posts: 1156

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject:

def less qualified and experienced in bball team s&c than grassfed. hopefully it works out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
driver
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Dec 2010
Posts: 6854

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject:

I cannot find a single athlete name attached to him but from googling, I see a lot of Hollywood's actresses.

So Magic and Rob are prepping us for the red carpet it seems.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
al242
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2012
Posts: 2005

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:56 am    Post subject:

tom wrote:
Quote:
Greg Beacham‏
Verified account
 @gregbeacham 2m
2 minutes ago


More
Greg Beacham Retweeted Los Angeles Lakers
Gunnar Peterson is best known for training the Kardashian clan, Sly Stallone, J-Lo and Ben Affleck. Now he's got a job with the Lakers.


This is a joke right?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AIRZOOMKOBE2k5
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Posts: 1702
Location: Redondo

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject:

Does anyone know if Gunnar will be implementing the "Ball Hog gloves" in the lakers training regimen?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DoubleClutch
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 02 Jun 2005
Posts: 2709
Location: Town

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

lkjhf wrote:
def less qualified and experienced in bball team s&c than grassfed. hopefully it works out

Yeah, but our players will LOOK really fit next season. So there's that.
_________________
“This goes far beyond paychecks”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1442
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

My main concern is about his dedication to the Lakers, with all the money he makes from celebrities. My guess is that he will overlook and design the training sessions, while some assistant gets after the kids on a daily basis.

Another concern: I doubt Kim Kardashian has 7-8% of body fat.
_________________
Lonzo-Ingram-Randle-Kuzma.

Keep them together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mini Mamba
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 May 2013
Posts: 5179

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject:

textbook wrote:
Looks legit...
http://gunnarpeterson.com/


Under the "Who I Am" section it says he has 3.5 dogs. What does that even mean?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4996

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
My main concern is about his dedication to the Lakers, with all the money he makes from celebrities. My guess is that he will overlook and design the training sessions, while some assistant gets after the kids on a daily basis.

Another concern: I doubt Kim Kardashian has 7-8% of body fat.


i am assuming he got a full time job with the lakers. so maybe he is leaving personal training and be a FT laker now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22545

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:00 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
tom wrote:
Quote:
Greg Beacham‏
Verified account
 @gregbeacham 2m
2 minutes ago


More
Greg Beacham Retweeted Los Angeles Lakers
Gunnar Peterson is best known for training the Kardashian clan, Sly Stallone, J-Lo and Ben Affleck. Now he's got a job with the Lakers.


This is a joke right?


Seems like it's for real. Someone might need to edit that 9.5% body fat of his on the Wikipedia site before Magic sees it though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1442
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
My main concern is about his dedication to the Lakers, with all the money he makes from celebrities. My guess is that he will overlook and design the training sessions, while some assistant gets after the kids on a daily basis.

Another concern: I doubt Kim Kardashian has 7-8% of body fat.


i am assuming he got a full time job with the lakers. so maybe he is leaving personal training and be a FT laker now?


He would be leaving a LOT of money on the table.
_________________
Lonzo-Ingram-Randle-Kuzma.

Keep them together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4996

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
My main concern is about his dedication to the Lakers, with all the money he makes from celebrities. My guess is that he will overlook and design the training sessions, while some assistant gets after the kids on a daily basis.

Another concern: I doubt Kim Kardashian has 7-8% of body fat.


i am assuming he got a full time job with the lakers. so maybe he is leaving personal training and be a FT laker now?


He would be leaving a LOT of money on the table.


what do we care. the lakers job is for sure not part time
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DaGreatKobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Aug 2005
Posts: 346

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:05 am    Post subject:

Apparently he trained Mike Tyson while in his better days.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2015
Posts: 1442
Location: Zürich

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
My main concern is about his dedication to the Lakers, with all the money he makes from celebrities. My guess is that he will overlook and design the training sessions, while some assistant gets after the kids on a daily basis.

Another concern: I doubt Kim Kardashian has 7-8% of body fat.


i am assuming he got a full time job with the lakers. so maybe he is leaving personal training and be a FT laker now?


He would be leaving a LOT of money on the table.


what do we care. the lakers job is for sure not part time


If he's a full time employee, I don't care. I'm just not assuming he's one.
_________________
Lonzo-Ingram-Randle-Kuzma.

Keep them together!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB