Lakers Hire Gunnar Peterson as Director Strength & Conditioning
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Fastbreak32
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Oct 2011
Posts: 4735

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
welcome to the lakers!


Yes, welcome!

So does this mean that our young crew gonna have that Kardashian booty? We might need new uniforms.
_________________
Welcome, Lonzo!

Kuuuuuz!

"...there was a time when the Israelites were wandering in the desert and all of a sudden, bread came down from heaven,” Pelinka said. “That’s kind of what today feels like for us to have KCP join.”
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4996

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
From Bleacher Report, 2015

Peterson is arguably the most renowned personal trainer in L.A. In addition to working with hundreds of different athletes (including Carmelo Anthony, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo and John Wall), he consults with A-list celebrities and actors to prepare them for movie roles.

He wakes up every weekday morning at 3:45 a.m. to begin his workouts before his first client arrives at around 6 a.m. His first NBA player was Kurt Rambis in 1994, and since then he's added Lakers, Clippers and dozens of other All-Star-signed framed jerseys from his clients all around his gym walls, even on the ceiling. His specialization is basketball-specific exercises that mimic movements on the court.

Hibbert started working with Peterson during this year's All-Star Weekend, and he was so impressed that he bought a house just two blocks from the trainer's gym entering the summer before he was traded to the Lakers.

"He was my first NBA guy in this summer, and he never missed a workout," Peterson said. "He dropped a ton of body fat, he got stronger, his movement improved—his head is right."


Another Showtime connection. Do we go forward by going backwards? I hope so.


so all you got from the post is showtime connection and nothing else?

SMH


Did I say that? Use a little common sense for once.


Would be nice if you could do the same for 100% of ur posts

I know it's hard but try it
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 12226

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
As long as he doesn't misdiagnose a knee tear (that cost us a title by the way), then we're good.


I think that is what the medical staff is there for. And it will be the UCLA medical people.


I think you're right. Like I said, they better not screw up ala 2004 with Malone.

That was a screw up. No way around it.
_________________
Dominating every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2003
Posts: 12226

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject:

Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Chase.button07 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
From Bleacher Report, 2015

Peterson is arguably the most renowned personal trainer in L.A. In addition to working with hundreds of different athletes (including Carmelo Anthony, Roy Hibbert, Kevin Love, Rajon Rondo and John Wall), he consults with A-list celebrities and actors to prepare them for movie roles.

He wakes up every weekday morning at 3:45 a.m. to begin his workouts before his first client arrives at around 6 a.m. His first NBA player was Kurt Rambis in 1994, and since then he's added Lakers, Clippers and dozens of other All-Star-signed framed jerseys from his clients all around his gym walls, even on the ceiling. His specialization is basketball-specific exercises that mimic movements on the court.

Hibbert started working with Peterson during this year's All-Star Weekend, and he was so impressed that he bought a house just two blocks from the trainer's gym entering the summer before he was traded to the Lakers.

"He was my first NBA guy in this summer, and he never missed a workout," Peterson said. "He dropped a ton of body fat, he got stronger, his movement improved—his head is right."


Another Showtime connection. Do we go forward by going backwards? I hope so.


so all you got from the post is showtime connection and nothing else?

SMH


Did I say that? Use a little common sense for once.


Would be nice if you could do the same for 100% of ur posts

I know it's hard but try it


Ooooouuuuu
_________________
Dominating every day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Jul 2009
Posts: 16791
Location: The Garden Island

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:00 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
If Kevin Love is any example of his work... we're in good shape (hehe) there is a good side by side on his Instagram which I will post below but it sure shows a lot of K Love skin... don't say I didn't warn you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/42oPwbj6-B/?taken-by=gunnarfitness&hl=en



Didn't look at the image, but if he was involved with Love getting into the best shape of life on the Cavs, then that's a great sign.


Looks like very much a legit NBA trainer. Says something about our quick take/celeb obsessed society that the first wave of reporting was all about the celeb clients.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 127488
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Krispy Kreme wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Krispy Kreme wrote:
As long as he doesn't misdiagnose a knee tear (that cost us a title by the way), then we're good.


I think that is what the medical staff is there for. And it will be the UCLA medical people.


I think you're right. Like I said, they better not screw up ala 2004 with Malone.

That was a screw up. No way around it.


I agree, medical practices have advanced so much since then and with their new facility, it seems the Lakers aren't afraid to spend money for the best.
_________________
It’s a girl, my lord, in a flat bed Ford.......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30042
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject:

babyskyhook wrote:
2019 wrote:
If Kevin Love is any example of his work... we're in good shape (hehe) there is a good side by side on his Instagram which I will post below but it sure shows a lot of K Love skin... don't say I didn't warn you.

https://www.instagram.com/p/42oPwbj6-B/?taken-by=gunnarfitness&hl=en



Didn't look at the image, but if he was involved with Love getting into the best shape of life on the Cavs, then that's a great sign.


Looks like very much a legit NBA trainer. Says something about our quick take/celeb obsessed society that the first wave of reporting was all about the celeb clients.


Left panel is chubby kevin love in timberwolf uniform.

Right panel is 6'10 chris pratt with a basketball covering his privates
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 24626
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject:

seems questionable on the surface....there is a difference between being a personal trainer and team strength and conditioning guy....they when you consider the amount of anabolics that clients like Stallone uses while being his trainer....just does not feel right.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
1ngr4m
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2011
Posts: 5001

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:03 pm    Post subject:

I know you guys wanna focus on Kim Kardashian but the dude has also Tom Brady and Pete Sampras who are great at their sports.
_________________
Did Jordan Clarkson think Metta's 3 at the end was going in? "I don't know. He was shaking like a stripper in the corner."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4996

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

LilJay24 wrote:
I know you guys wanna focus on Kim Kardashian but the dude has also Tom Brady and Pete Sampras who are great at their sports.


Yupe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
justsomelakerfan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2016
Posts: 9711

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
seems questionable on the surface....there is a difference between being a personal trainer and team strength and conditioning guy....they when you consider the amount of anabolics that clients like Stallone uses while being his trainer....just does not feel right.


Sounds like he's trained athletes too tho
_________________
Fave 5 at 25: Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga, Isaac Bonga
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 24626
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject:

justsomelakerfan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
seems questionable on the surface....there is a difference between being a personal trainer and team strength and conditioning guy....they when you consider the amount of anabolics that clients like Stallone uses while being his trainer....just does not feel right.


Sounds like he's trained athletes too tho


individually....just saying it seems imperfect to me
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 17 Feb 2011
Posts: 752

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
seems questionable on the surface....there is a difference between being a personal trainer and team strength and conditioning guy....they when you consider the amount of anabolics that clients like Stallone uses while being his trainer....just does not feel right.

Lol. Whatever, Jackson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92526
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject:

What is Gunnar's body fat %?
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 01 Mar 2004
Posts: 5264
Location: Redondo Beach

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I did some quick googling and seems like he's trained NBA players before:

    Kevin Love
    Kevin Durant
    Carmelo Anthony
    Roy Hibbert
    Rajon Rondo
    John Wall
    Kurt Rambis


Also:
Quote:
His specialization is basketball-specific exercises that mimic movements on the court.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chase.button07
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Feb 2017
Posts: 4996

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

Clutch24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
seems questionable on the surface....there is a difference between being a personal trainer and team strength and conditioning guy....they when you consider the amount of anabolics that clients like Stallone uses while being his trainer....just does not feel right.

Lol. Whatever, Jackson.


Lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Apr 2006
Posts: 14913

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What is Gunnar's body fat %?
That's the real question.
_________________
Music is my medicine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pmacla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 7504
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject:

he has worked with The Rock, Antonio Brown and Russell Wilson also
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Feb 2006
Posts: 7737

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What is Gunnar's body fat %?


9.5...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 24626
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Clutch24 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
seems questionable on the surface....there is a difference between being a personal trainer and team strength and conditioning guy....they when you consider the amount of anabolics that clients like Stallone uses while being his trainer....just does not feel right.

Lol. Whatever, Jackson.


at first I was trying to figure why your response was so rude....then I read though your handful of posts on LG and realized it really does not matter.
_________________
"Lonzo Ball is the headline, Kyle Kuzma is the STORY!" Jalen Rose
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 22546

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
What is Gunnar's body fat %?


His Wikipedia says 9.5%, someone should edit that before Magic sees it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13444

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:33 pm    Post subject:

so... what are his credentials?
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Jul 2012
Posts: 30042
Location: Holland

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
so... what are his credentials?


He turned kevin love into chris pratt
_________________
Purple and Banana
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 92526
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:35 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
What is Gunnar's body fat %?


His Wikipedia says 9.5%, someone should edit that before Magic sees it.


Magic: you have 24 hours to get that below 7%.
_________________
We can wait. Do not trade Lonzo/BI/Kuz/Hart. Chase max FA in 2019 instead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 12501
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject:

Keeping Up with the Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2010 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB