It was 50 year ago today ...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: It was 50 year ago today ...

... when Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band was released. I was 6 years old when my uncle brougth one home and we were allowed to listen. I was more impressed with the packaging than the music, but my older cousins (and everyone else) were blown away.
One of the first albums I bought once I got a job.
Not my favorite Beatle album (that would be Abbey Road) but looking back it was record that changed how rock music was treated by critics.
Just ordered the "Anniversary Super Deluxe Edition", mainly for the 5.1 mix and the high-res audio versions.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:10 am    Post subject:

I was negative 16 years old. Great great album. I was born in the wrong decade, man.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Re: It was 50 year ago today ...

Buck32 wrote:
...Sgt Pepper taught his band to play!...

My faves are White Album and Let It Be, though I think A Day In The Life was the lads' crowning single. That said, there are classics on every Beatles' album no matter what. A Day, LSD, Little Help/Friends, She's Leaving Home, 64, Mr. Kite. Accepted as the last album where the lads were in it for the product / unified.

Coming up on JFK's 100th too this week.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject:

frijolero01 wrote:
I was negative 16 years old. Great great album. I was born in the wrong decade, man.

Wow, I'm stunned you were born in the 80s. I thought you were old enough to fondly recall the 50s. Not necessarily a diss. You read older to me.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
frijolero01 wrote:

Wow, I'm stunned you were born in the 80s. I thought you were old enough to fondly recall the 50s. Not necessarily a diss. You read older to me.

Thanks! Yea. Born in 83 but, a lot of my musical tastes come from the mid century
Buck32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Re: It was 50 year ago today ...

non-player zealot wrote:
Buck32 wrote:
...Sgt Pepper taught his band to play!...

My faves are White Album and Let It Be, though I think A Day In The Life was the lads' crowning single. That said, there are classics on every Beatles' album no matter what. A Day, LSD, Little Help/Friends, She's Leaving Home, 64, Mr. Kite. Accepted as the last album where the lads were in it for the product / unified.

Coming up on JFK's 100th too this week.

The White Album is my second favorite Beatle album after Abbey Road. You're right about a classic in every Beatle album. Even maybe their worst album (not officially an album they recorded but still their album) Yellow Submarine had Hey Bulldog.
And speaking of feeling old, one of my all-time favorites OK COmputer is turning 20 this year.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: