Magic: Ingram is an untouchable in the roster
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Magic: Ingram is an untouchable in the roster

In first 10 mins he said DLo can be a really special player if he pushes himself and takes a leadership role.

Ingram is probably the guy they'd never consider trading ever if he had to chose one.

Last edited by saetarubia on Thu May 25, 2017 1:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic: Ingram is an untouchable in the roster.

saetarubia wrote:
Apparently said DLo can be a franchise cornerstone type player too.

No he didnt.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic: Ingram is an untouchable in the roster.

Chronicle wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

No he didnt.

Video title says so and I read it on Twitter as well. Only heard first 12 mins now.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic: Ingram is an untouchable in the roster.

saetarubia wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

No he didnt.

Video title says so and I read it on Twitter as well. Only heard first 12 mins now.

Then you're already past the part where he talks about russell. It's a clickbait title. Reading it on twitter is just people seeing the title and reporting it as news.

Magic says Ingram is the probably the only untouchable on the roster (check ingram thread for more). Then he says russell (great scorer, looks to have "it"), randle (can dominate inside, needs right hand) and nance (very intelligent) can all be special, and that clarkson can be a great defender, and that he likes the young core.

Then he talks about the draft, praises ball and jackson. Will bring them in as well as fultz and fox. Wants them to tell him they want to be great and wants to pick their minds. Then he talks about the conditioning and the body fat, citing the cavaliers and the warriors as the reason why. Then he talks about the dodgers. And finally he says he takes the warriors over the cavaliers in the finals

No where does he even mention the word "cornerstone", nor do any of the people interviewing him

Last edited by Chronicle on Thu May 25, 2017 1:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic: Ingram is an untouchable in the roster.

Chronicle wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

No he didnt.

Then you're already past the part where he talks about russell. It's a clickbait title. Reading it on twitter is just people seeing the title and reporting it as news.

OK. Will edit it.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Sigh of relief that he feels that way about Ingram. Whew
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Yes, this has and is currently being discussed over on the Ingram forum for the past 5 hours now. But I'm willing to discuss this here too since I also feel Ingram is pretty much the only untouchable we have so far. DLO is very close though, and there isn't a trade offer out there that would satisfy a DLO trade either.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Forgot to mention the part where he says it's unlikely that we will be players in the 2017 free agency, that he wants to save the 20 million cap space for 2018.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
Forgot to mention the part where he says it's unlikely that we will be players in the 2017 free agency, that he wants to save the 20 million cap space for 2018.

Yea, also talked about Cavs and GSW being the best for another season at least. Thinks Lakers can get in after that with right moves.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
"Well I would say probably the only player that we would say "hey that we would probably not move" is Brandon Ingram. You know, I think that we're excited about Brandon. His length, his size, his agility, his athleticism. And then when you think about, you know, he was a baby coming in in his first year last season. And we see that he really has a high ceiling and we're excited about what he can possibly turn into. He has that type of talent.
But when you talk about untouchables probably Brandon is the guy that we probably won't even think about moving. Ever." - Magic Man

C'mon, let's get the quote right
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I like Ingram a lot, can be a very good player in the future. D'Angelo seems to be getting a rep for immaturity and lacking intangibles. Hope he can turn it around otherwise I could see Magic moving him later if it meant getting a star player.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic: Ingram is an untouchable in the roster.

Chronicle wrote:
saetarubia wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
saetarubia wrote:

No he didnt.

Magic says Ingram is the probably the only untouchable on the roster (check ingram thread for more). Then he says russell (great scorer, looks to have "it"), randle (can dominate inside, needs right hand) and nance (very intelligent) can all be special, and that clarkson can be a great defender, and that he likes the young core.

Then he talks about the draft, praises ball and jackson. Will bring them in as well as fultz and fox. Wants them to tell him they want to be great and wants to pick their minds. Then he talks about the conditioning and the body fat, citing the cavaliers and the warriors as the reason why. Then he talks about the dodgers. And finally he says he takes the warriors over the cavaliers in the finals

No where does he even mention the word "cornerstone", nor do any of the people interviewing him

And with Ingram he used the word 'probably'

#BannersOverBillboards
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Magic: Ingram is an untouchable in the roster

saetarubia wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4uJt8LcJ4o

In first 10 mins he said DLo can be a really special player if he pushes himself and takes a leadership role.

Ingram is probably the guy they'd never consider trading ever if he had to chose one.

Most def.

Ingram is the one we are building around. The stride he made at the end of the season is very promising.

The IF comment though
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject:

It's good to hear him say it outright, but it's no surprise, given the way he talked about BI, DLo and Jules in his first media tour.

You could tell BI was the guy he felt like was truly special.

I also think he's sending a message to DLo (and probably JR as well) that their status as members of the Lakers is not to be taken for granted and that they need to put in the work that Magic and Rob have laid out for them to build themselves up physically and to improve their respective games. He said something similar about DLo during his first media tour.

It's not coincidental that BI has the best work ethic of the young guys and that Magic thinks of him the most highly. It's not just about his potential- it's about his attitude and his ability to reach his potential through hard work.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
I like Ingram a lot, can be a very good player in the future. D'Angelo seems to be getting a rep for immaturity and lacking intangibles. Hope he can turn it around otherwise I could see Magic moving him later if it meant getting a star player.

Like you, I like Ingram a lot. There is a lot of chatter about DLO, but as a player I like him a lot too. At least we have Magic & Pelinka at the helm now. They'll be able to watch him and evaluate him appropriately. They'll know if they have a superstar in their hands, or a Nick Van Exel. A nice player, but someone who can be moved if need be.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:

That's absolutely dumb thing and a bunch of lies, they can get rid of either Deng or Moz and still sign FAs this summer and still have a max for 2018
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject:

“I think that D’Angelo, he has it, it’s just got to come out of him,” Johnson said. “He could be really special if he pushes himself, especially in this offseason. Because he can score that ball. We want him to be more of a leader now.” – via USA Today Sports
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
“I think that D’Angelo, he has it, it’s just got to come out of him,” Johnson said. “He could be really special if he pushes himself, especially in this offseason. Because he can score that ball. We want him to be more of a leader now.” – via USA Today Sports
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Ingram IMO is the best of what we have right now based off of his talent, height, athleticism, and attitude. Seems like Magic agrees.

I agree with Magic. Russell has talent he just has to bring it every night, not just when we are playing the bottom dwellers or backups.
saetarubia
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Ingram IMO is the best of what we have right now based off of his talent, height, athleticism, and attitude. Seems like Magic agrees.

I agree with Magic. Russell has talent he just has to bring it every night, not just when we are playing the bottom dwellers or backups.

I don't think there is any such pattern. He has had great games against Cavs, Wall, Conley since ASB and also struggled against Philly in between. GSW, Rockets before his injury. Agree he has had issue bringing it every night, but not dependent on competition.
richmorgan12
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Chronicle wrote:

That's absolutely dumb thing and a bunch of lies, they can get rid of either Deng or Moz and still sign FAs this summer and still have a max for 2018

lol
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:

Lol. Someone tell Kyrie, Wall, and Lillard that they're backups.
nash
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:36 pm    Post subject:

As Omar told other day, game knows game
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Glad to see Magic say this to bolster Ingram's confidence after the shoddy season, numbers wise, he put up.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: