Shaq started super team fad by joining Kobe.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:29 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Dominator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Only true superteams are ones with the superstars in their primes. Cavs and Warriors are one. I don't think the Shaq-Kobe-Payton-Malone were because it was Shaq and Kobe in their primes and Payton and Malone were at the end of their careers.

Kyrie and Love aren't superstars though. Especially Love.

Curry is. Durant is.

Malone/Payton was a super team. It just failed. Both Payton and Malone came off 20+ PPG seasons. We were supposed to dominate the league remember? I remember the presser "we're going to crush everyone".

Who says that if they are just some old dude at the end of the bench?

Kyrie is a superstar. Take Lebron off that team and they're still probably in the Finals right now.

Well, duh, they are already in the finals so even if you take Lebron off, they would still be there.

The last time Irving played without Lebron they won 33 games in the weakest conference known to mankind.

If the Celtics can make the east finals with that roster, pretty much anybody can.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
Dominator wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Only true superteams are ones with the superstars in their primes. Cavs and Warriors are one. I don't think the Shaq-Kobe-Payton-Malone were because it was Shaq and Kobe in their primes and Payton and Malone were at the end of their careers.

Kyrie and Love aren't superstars though. Especially Love.

Curry is. Durant is.

Malone/Payton was a super team. It just failed. Both Payton and Malone came off 20+ PPG seasons. We were supposed to dominate the league remember? I remember the presser "we're going to crush everyone".

Who says that if they are just some old dude at the end of the bench?

Kyrie is a superstar. Take Lebron off that team and they're still probably in the Finals right now.

Well, duh, they are already in the finals so even if you take Lebron off, they would still be there.

The last time Irving played without Lebron they won 33 games in the weakest conference known to mankind.

If the Celtics can make the east finals with that roster, pretty much anybody can.

What's wrong with Paul George then?
PurpleAndGOAT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Having Kareem, Magic, and James Worthy on the same team isn't a super team?
underdogsgv
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 9:18 pm    Post subject:

90% of this forum weren't even born yet, but I still remember my sense of dread seeing our team face that early '80s Sixers team. Scariest "super team" ever.
#32 is the greatest Laker ever.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 10:02 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Dominator wrote:
You know exactly what I meant. Take Lebron off the team for the whole season and they still likely win the East.

This year the Cavs were 0-8 in games Lebron did not play. Last year, they were 1-5 without him. The year before that they were 3-10 without him.

So during his time with the current Cleveland team they have gone 4-23 in games he did not play. That's a .153 winning percentage. For comparison, the Brooklyn Nets had a .244 winning percentage this year.

Don't see how you think they would still be dominate without him, when all the actual evidence we have suggests the exact opposite.

Kyrie and Kevin Love each missed 5 of those 8 games that Lebron missed, so they were really only 0-2 without Lebron and everyone else playing. That's hardly a convincing sample size.

That's 2 more games than the sample size of what your opinion is based on And that's not even counting the losses from the previous two seasons.

Anyway, no matter how you slice it, the Cavs without Lebron have done poorly over the past three years. That's undeniable.

I see no basis for assuming that without Lebron they would be favored over Boston, Toronto or Washington.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5
Jump to: